Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

carphonewhorehouse

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2008, 05:05 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carphonewhorehouse

A few weeks ago I posted a thread about a problem ai was continually experiencing with my k859i, connected to orange through CarPhone ***** House. forgive me for the long winded post...

Well it has just got worse. I have emailed Charles Dunstone re the problem ( as advised by a CPW customer services person), who then sent the email to his correspondence team.... they emailed me back asking to confirm my address ( as they already had my phone number and name) and to confirm which bank i was with...

Now i'm not stupid enough to have released my actual bank account details via email so just confirmed it was Barclays.

I have just received a very dodgy phone call from someone purporting to be from CWP... phoning from a pay phone as i'm sure i heard the 'pips' going.. he obviously knew phone number and my name and that it was something to do with carphonewarehouse.

He asked me to confirm my detail for data protection, and I said no and asked for a number to call them back on ( as it showed as withheld). Thats when I heard the pips going. I told him that I didnt believe that he was from CPW and hung up.

NOw this is where I become really angry. I phoned CPW to get them to check that noone had phoned ( as I could have just been hearing things re the pips) . The guy said that there was no record of anyone phoning me and that cpw wouldnt phone from a payphone ( which I realise funnily enough!!).

He said that to say that there was a breach of security somewhere was a serious allegation and refused to put me through to a supervisor. Then he went on to say that they were 'all in a meeting'.. handy huh?

I asked for his full name, he refused to give that, and only confirmed that he was in customer services. - I have just found out that there are 3 customer service centres for CPW!!

I have phoned Orange and changed my mobile No. They said they can trace the number after 24 hours have passed....

I phoned CPW to persue things from their end.. and spoke to a chap who put me on hold whilst he spoke to his 'team leader''' and then cut meoff after 5 mins of waiting..

Dialled straight back and spoke to a lady who seemed to take things a little more seriously... and said she would speak to correspondence dept to see what was going on with my original complaint... and without telling me stuck me through to the repairs dept.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have now explinaed the situation for the 5 time in 25 minutes.. and am not really geting anywhere...and am now on hold whilst this 3rd guy i have spoken speaks to his senior colleague.

what do you guys suggest? are all dealings qwith CPW this bad??? I for one will never ever be using them again

Last edited by little-ginge; 31 July 2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: just re-read and found some terrible typing done in anger lol
Old 31 July 2008, 05:26 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

He's some foreign guy who obviously odesnt get what I am saying to him as I have just reexplained the situation for the 4th time to him...

what gives?? Is it me? Am I not speaking english or something? Is it that difficult to understand??????????????? they dont seem concerned that someone is trying to pass themselves off as a cpw employee..

their advice? to email the correspondence dept as they cannot accept incoming calls, and wait for a response.... this is what lead to this latest problem!!!
Old 31 July 2008, 05:33 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Try one more time...

After that....
1) OFCOM
2) Police
3) Blanket the internet with the story. I'm sure several industry blogs would love to stick the knife in.
Old 31 July 2008, 08:25 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

The police aren't interested at the current time. until someone does something like access my accounts etc, it isn't classed as criminal activity so no crime ref can be given.

Phone number changed, computer security beefed up
Old 31 July 2008, 08:32 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

bloody hell anna, sounds like a right pain. You are doing well to be cautious and stick at it. Dont be fobbed off with any tosh and persevere, hopefully you will get to someone who can make a difference
Old 31 July 2008, 09:43 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

after all the faffing about I've had to do.. and that was before the events of today... I think they can give me the replacement handset i WANT..not the crap they want to give me. time to stamp my little feet a bit harder me thinks lol

Last edited by little-ginge; 31 July 2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 31 July 2008, 09:52 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

CPWH & Talk Talk are utter cooooooooooooooonts..

hope that helps..

Trending Topics

Old 31 July 2008, 10:03 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I've come to realise that in my past 6 months of dealing with them... COMPLETE and utter coonts if you ask me
Old 31 July 2008, 10:04 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

*nods*

I learnt a long time ago..
Old 31 July 2008, 10:09 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Barstewards
Old 31 July 2008, 10:27 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

learnt that a few years ago when I had a phone off them, despite filling in the relevant (dont sell my number) section of their form, they sold my number and I had to endure nearly 10 months of cold callers trying to sell me all sorts. had the same mobile number for about 10 years and never had a single call before using cpw.
Old 31 July 2008, 11:03 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

They used to be good! They used to bend over backwards to serve. They had me as a lifetime customer.
Then , they launched Talk Talk... 6 months of misery and frustration. 2 years later, they still owe me £30 connection fee, despite twice promising to refund it. It was very satisfying to see, at about this time, Vodaphone telling them to F off, too.
Muppets!
Old 01 August 2008, 08:27 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

its actually quite a simple thing, but you do have to play them at their own game.

my first step would be to write a polite letter to the head office,and include a cheque for £10, and a request for a DSIR (Data Subject Information Rrequest), its a legal requirement that they furnish you with a copy of all information they hold about you, plus any recorded conversations, plus records of outbound and inwards calls. if they fail to give you this (they wouldnt fail to, as its parrt of the data protection act) they would be in deep poo.

second step would depend on the information within the DSIR, but I would strongly suggest contacting OFCOM as well.

HTH

James
Old 01 August 2008, 09:11 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

People on eSave seem to be okay - clearly its going to take time/money to get thro but apart from this latest cash-back which is late ,its gone surprisingly ok
Old 01 August 2008, 10:59 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that Shaggy.

I just checked my email and this is their response to my original complaints about my 6 month hunt for a working handset...

'I called you at 2.31 on ************ but was ujnable to reach you.
I am very sorry to hear of all the issues you have had with your faulty handsets. I see that none of the replacments that have been provided for you had been satisfactory. In addition I see that we have not always provided you with accurate and timely information.
As per our policy we are unable to exchange your handset for a brand new one and if you are not happy with the list provided, the phone would have to be booked in for repair, however I have sent a mail to the manager of the branch to order another replacement for you which I am sure would be to your satisfaction.
Please allow up to five working days for contact from the store.
Thank you and I apologize again for the inconvenience this matter has caused you. '

Agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhh hhhhhhhh!! I don't want another poxy K850i.. can't you thick pieces of dog poo see that from my email, and from the lead notes on your systems?? I have been through 5 in the past 6 mths and all have had problems... Also you wouldnt have been able to contact me as the phone number you have was disconnected shortly after the dodgy call - as I was promised would be written down on your systems so you would know...

So I sent back a nice email...I wont post it all as it is about 3 pages long

but it went something like this:

'You bunch of incompetent w*nkstains. I have had x,y,z issues and now, after some dodgy phone call I have A-Z issues. Your staff are next to useless, and your levels of customer service are attrocious.
I expect an email to the CEO or whatever the foof he is, to be replied to by someone higher than your average monkey. I am prepared to take the entire farce further if need be. I request that CWP now pay the disconnection fee for an 18mth contract which is only half run. I know they do this as Orange have told me so, and not to give up pushing for it. I expect a reply from a higher level then said monkey, or I will be going to your head office and sitting there until i get the response required, and also to your regulatory body.'

Obviously I didnt actually call them stains of a certain male hobby. And I will be writing my terrifying, and somewhat farcical story on the interweb for all fellow interweb weirdos to ponder upon.. Then I will truely unleash the rage of a ginger

Last edited by little-ginge; 01 August 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01 August 2008, 11:23 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I'm a natural redhead.. what do you expect??
Old 02 August 2008, 10:19 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Total filth in the bedroom

maybe thats just my experiences
Old 05 August 2008, 12:53 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

I had a phone with them and handed it back after 10 months under their insurance agreement. All seemed well until i received a £200 bill. Apparantley my phone had been stolen from their store and used to download ring tones etc. I had to prove via the paper work it wasnt me and it had been stolen. this took a letter to charles dunstone to sort out.
I accused their staff of the theft and they denied all of it.

I will never use them ever again
Old 05 August 2008, 02:32 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

next time go direct to the service provider (orange, voda, o2 etc) i hear about these situations all the time (work for orange) carphone, phones4u there all the same
Old 05 August 2008, 05:29 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

well this is the response to my mose recent email to them. As you can see their employees all have the brains of a turd, and the customer services skills of an ****-scratching baboon.

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear about your faulty handset.

My colleague has advised you correctly about our
repair policy and I apologise that it is not the response
you were expecting.

If you wish to speak to someone about this,please call
our customer support team on 0870 0870 168 and
opening times are-:

Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 8:00pm

Saturday: 9:00am - 8:00pm

Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Regards
John Balogun
Carphone Warehouse Customer Services

Once again they have failed to acknowledged my complaint(s) fully.

Last week I phoned customer service line, (4 times in 2 hours!) and eventually was told to email customer services.. so what is their response? To tell me to phone cutomer services.. I am going round in circles
The time has come to take it further, me thinks. They haven't even provided me with regulatory deatils, which they are supposed to when a complaint is made.

Am writing back another email, but this time, as per my original contact with them, I am sending it FAO Charles Dunstone..

any suggestions what I should say to him about his companies shoddy customer services, and failure to comply with regulatory guidelines...?

Last edited by little-ginge; 05 August 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05 August 2008, 05:51 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

steam typed a response to Mr Dunstone...

Please do not pass this email to your Customer Services/Correspondence Teams as systemically they do not seem able to answer, or even more simply acknowledge a customers complaint.
Your employees seem unable to grasp the serious nature of my issues; as a result of them being unable to identify my emails as complaints, I wish to make clear to you that my issues are FORMAL COMPLAINTS, and not general communications which can be fobbed off with standard replies.
As you are regulated by OfCom and the FSA, it is required of you to follow a Complaints Code of Practise.
This entire matter has been a farce. I find it incomprehensible that a company of your size cannot provide a decent level of service. I have given your company numerous opportunities to resolve my complaints, and have suggested an course of resolution which has also been ignored.
If you are not willing to acknowledge and resolve my complaint, to my satisfaction, I have no other option to but contact OTelo in the first instance.

Last chance before I take it further, as I know from experience that you need to give the company sufficent opportunity to resolve your concerns...and i think this email, together with all my dozens of visits to the local CPW, together with my phone calls and email should be enough don't you?
Old 06 August 2008, 12:33 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Just for your information (based on a post above), they do not record that many telephone conversations, so if you request any information what you should get is a log of when you called and the notes that were added to the account.

Steve
Old 06 August 2008, 10:13 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

i used to work in a call centre, not for CPW but tehy recorded 100% of phone calls, even though they say 'some calls may be recorded'

good luck to you though
Old 06 August 2008, 10:31 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
i used to work in a call centre, not for CPW but tehy recorded 100% of phone calls, even though they say 'some calls may be recorded'

good luck to you though
I know quite a lot of CPW's call recording equipment, and they only record one particular team (not customer service) and not all the time.

They want to move to 100% for everyone, but don't want to spend the money.

Steve
Old 06 August 2008, 10:38 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

oh right. so there customer service appears to be just as cheap as their wallets
Old 06 August 2008, 10:44 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Practise.

Old 14 August 2008, 02:31 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Quick update..

so i emailed charles dunstone last tuesday.. and 3 further times since then, as I have heard absolutely diddly squat. No common courtesy of an acknowledgement, or full response to my complaint, or to the 3 other emails chasing them.

Last emailed them Tuesday, giving them a 'day or so' to at least acknowledge that they have received my emails - and up till now this hasn't happened, so am about to contact OTelo the ombudsman to see where I can take this.
Old 14 August 2008, 03:18 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Had a similar experience with them 18months ago. Decided to renew my t-mobile contract with T-mobile direct. Atleast if I have a problem there is no more middle-men. CPWH, P4U and all similar places are absolute ****e.
Old 14 August 2008, 05:57 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Politely request a deadlock letter from CPW by recorded delivery. I'm pretty sure they will sort your issue out as you're making the complaint official instead of it being classed internal