Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another Police "Cop Out"

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2008, 11:05 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Police "Cop Out"

I have just come off the phone to the police regarding threatening nee pedophile behaviour towards my daughter and her friend.

My daughter who is very small for her 11 years of age and her 9 year old friend were catching frogs in a near by pond about 150 yrds from where we currently live ( were moving in 4 weeks time ). Whilst doing so 2 blokes in their mid to late 20's were hiding in the bushes about 15ft away!!! One of them whispered "Are you on youre own ?" to my daughter and her mate. Thankfully they ran off and came straight in to tell me.

So being the dad that i am, i go to investigate what exactly has gone on having walked the area for about 30 mins armed with a nice Jumbo Driver, sadly i cannot find the people in question.

When i arrive back my wife says the police have said that its not deamed as threatening behaviour so they will pass it on to the beat officer for future reference!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!

My daughter is now not allowed further than outside the house and me and a couple of mates are going for a walk by the pond tomorrow night!!!

Strangely when i mentioned i had been down with a gof club looking for them the police never batted an eyelid

What a country we live in!!!

I know i should behave more humanely but i really do give up with police and this country now
Old 21 June 2008, 11:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

No, no, and NO again. When will you people realise that if you want the coppers, you MUST mention speeding!

Otherwise, they aren't interested.

Oh, and trust them as far as you could chuck a carload.........DO NOT mention that you are contemplating violence. That's just soooooooo easy for the lying gits, they'll come and have you, while ignoring the original REAL crime.

Been there, done that

They will lie about you, to you, and give out crime numbers for owt but speeding............THEN they will chase you to the ends of the earth, while threatening you with all sorts of crap, just to get their £60

TBH, at the moment, they are a waste of space and taxpayer's money, You're better off not bothering them and DIY

Alcazar
Old 21 June 2008, 11:14 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Oh DIY IS the way forward god help them if theyre there again tomorrow
Old 22 June 2008, 12:24 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

The problem is your wife probably spoke to a civillian call taker. In my experience these lot are usually making problems worse rather than helping sort them.
If you'd have spoken to a decent cop then they'd have wanted to know who those lads where and why they were sat in a bush watching young children. And grip the *******
Find out who your local Policing team are. You can do this by checking on your local forces website or by visiting your local plod shop and asking for the local beat officer.
They should also have monthly public meetings where you can attend and let them know about this. The website should tell you about these.
If you dont get any joy with these contact your local sector inspector.

There are plenty of decent cops in the job but the reality is they have to comply with the BS their bosses give them so that our useful government have some nice figures to look at.
Inevitably that leads to a bunch of cops going round as facists bullying the public leading to the enlightened opinions of the likes of alcazar.
Old 22 June 2008, 09:16 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Sounds like some good advice there Bonehead. We've met a few good coppers, but it is clear they are hindered in their work. In the last couple of years we've needed them a couple of times. While they have been nice and obviously concerned, ultimately they have been toothless
Old 22 June 2008, 10:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Sounds like some good advice there Bonehead. We've met a few good coppers, but it is clear they are hindered in their work. In the last couple of years we've needed them a couple of times. While they have been nice and obviously concerned, ultimately they have been toothless
Agreed, civial call takes can be a bit jobsworth and may not be seeing see thebigger picture i am sure most cops would take more than a keen onterest in this sort of behaviour, speak to your local plod direct, google them to get a local number - not 999!

BTW if not just call the press and point out the lack of local police interest in what could be a potential pedo - report the story to get it publicised so others are aware, whilst no discription it might make parents more vigilant.

Thank god your daughter is OK.
Old 22 June 2008, 11:10 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Ax one of "you people" I would be very tempted to write a strong letter of complaint to the local Chief Constable and copy it to the local paper.

Les

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2008, 11:13 AM
war1974
Scooby Regular

just diy and kick **** out of them
Old 22 June 2008, 11:24 AM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
No, no, and NO again. When will you people realise that if you want the coppers, you MUST mention speeding!

Alcazar
Been caught speeding have we???

You can't tar all police we the same brush. Can I asked what you expect the police to do? Find then two blokes? then what?

Forgive me if they was more to it then you've written above, but from what you have written it seems that this is for intelligence only. Which against popular beleif I happen to know the police do use.

As I had a similar situation, which lead to the local officers getting a warrant and arrest and banging up a local chap.

Becasue of the law we can't be told everything, data protection, civil rights, and community safe all have to be taken into account.

When you report something to the police, a storm number will be generate and that means a record and that means the police have to do something with it, again beleive it or not.

Just because you've not been given a crime number doesn't mean its not being investigated.

Sorry to play devils advaocate, but some time we look to blame without cause, as a parent I too would be angry.

Can I suggest you make contact with your local community sergeant and discuss the matter further, it sounds like you had a 999 police officer whose hasn't got the time to deal with things, and so have to pass it onto local officers.

Chase it up with the local sergeant. you may be surpirse that more is happening with you complaint than you think.
Old 22 June 2008, 12:47 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Look at the MOS Headlines today. The BossHoggs are cutting recruiting and jobs because of the cost of fuel (And don't forget they get a 25% subsidy).
I wonder when it will occur to them that if they actually used less fuel hounding motorists, whilst ignoring criminals, and got of their backsides and onto their feet, they could afford to carry on adding more frontline cops to deal with the plague of stabbings/rapes/murders/burglaries ETC that they are ignoring at the moment.

Oh, and before you ask, I am a courrier doing 170k a year, with a clean licence, but thats only because every time I have been pulled over, I have quietly pointed out whats wrong with their speed traps, and that if they don't let me go I will report to the local paper, so that all there victims for the day will be let off in court. Its amazing how many cops that are operating the guns, don't even know the basic highway code.
Old 22 June 2008, 02:01 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

So, from what I have read, 2 blokes "hiding" in a bush ask two girls if they are on their own. Girls run off. Police are called and dont do a lot....
Dad goes off to "do in" the 2 blokes "hiding" in a bush...

So, what if the 2 blokes had followed their "leading" question with "go home you shouldnt be here without adult supervision" rather than them making some kind of lewd advance?

What on earth were the police supposed to do? Get the helicopter up? Send in an armed patrol with dogs? Even if they had sent a PCS to the frog pond and they had found the two men, what could be said? They have as much right to be there as the kids did and speaking to kids is not a criminal offence.

I totally support the kids decision to take flight and to tell their dad. I totally understand that a dad seeing his scared child will want to defend her and wont think straight in the heat of the moment because daddys little girl is upset.

But, in the cold light of day, if the police went about stopping every stranger that simply spoke to a kid in a public place then we really would have problems...

If the two fellas are there tonight and the thread starter and his team of men see them, what happens if they provide a perfectly valid reason for being there? We would have even more problems if vigilantes go around beating up strangers who talk to kids

I hope the girls are not too scared by what happened and I hope their parents reaction to the whole incident hasnt made it even more frightening than it was. But neither the police, nor the blokes by the pond have done anything wrong here.
Old 22 June 2008, 03:16 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

It was probably 2 police officers in the bush on surveillance watching for unlicensed frog catchers.

Your wifes phonecall may well have jeopardized a 6 month covert operation in to the gathering of intelligence information.
Old 22 June 2008, 03:32 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

hiding in a bush talkin to young girls, who the hell does that apart from scum of the earth that unfortunately get off on things like that? if i for some reason was in a bush somewhere near a pond and two young girls were playing i sure as hell wouldnt ask them if they were on their own, i wouldnt even speak to them! i can see everyones point as there is two sides to the story, we just only know one side. but u gotta admit they do sound suspect. as for police, personally iv found them more useless than good

without going into too much detail, my partner has a little boy, and his dad basically went off the rails a long time ago, and past two years he has been to the house, poured petrol through the letterbox and threatening to drop a lit match through, countless times got hold of my partner and kicked the ***t out of her, smashed windows, abuse constant, kicking her front door in. all this happened before i started seeing her beginning of this year. thankfully so far he has only been here twice but conviniently both times when i wasnt here. but every time he has turned up in the middle of the night the police have been called. now the house is basically one straight road from the police station, and they still take 2 HOURS to get here, and when one turns up its jus one poxy support officer on their own. its disgusting. yet last week when a local house was broken into, a chopper and 5 cop cars were up and down the street, and funnily enough the same nights ive heard he's been baning on the door when im out, and iv come back to drive about with a car ful of mates looking for him, police have been called, no word from them for an hour, yet on my return to the estate two t5's pulled me over for having an illegal front number plate and fine me, i fear one day hell go that step further when im not there and one of them will b dead, either him as she's defending herself, or her, most probably the latter. hes a nasty piece of work, sectioned too many times and police release him all the time, one time he even had her hostage in her house with a knife to her throat, managed to get away from him and lock herself in her room, where she called the police, the woman on the phone said that the situation didnt seem that heated and that shed dispatch an officer to "have a gander", that officer didnt turn up for an hour. in the end when they finally came and noticed everyone outside worried, they cordoned off the whole street and got an armed unit in. he could of done anything in that hour to her, their bloody useless.

dont get me wrong, some police are ok, a few traffic ones iv spoken to and the ones ull see in town when theres a fight, are ok. but when it comes to u needing them, i wouldnt even bother, diy it

p.s excuse my typing, switched from laptop back 2 pc and im crap at typing still, lol

Ash

Last edited by ash002004; 22 June 2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 22 June 2008, 04:17 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

exactly diy it!!

Coppers are only intersted in making money, or constantly harrasing modified car owners for pointless little things!

And every cop under 30 is a **** in disguise! ******* little hitlers!

The only decent coppers are the old school ones, but most of them are tucked away nicely in desk jobs till they retire

My school of thought has and always will be diy it!
Old 22 June 2008, 04:22 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Maybe a group buy at B&Q?
Old 22 June 2008, 05:19 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar

Oh, and trust them as far as you could chuck a carload.........DO NOT mention that you are contemplating violence. That's just soooooooo easy for the lying gits, they'll come and have you, while ignoring the original REAL crime.

Been there, done that

They will lie about you, to you, and give out crime numbers for owt but speeding............THEN they will chase you to the ends of the earth, while threatening you with all sorts of crap, just to get their £60

TBH, at the moment, they are a waste of space and taxpayer's money, You're better off not bothering them and DIY

Alcazar
Unfortunately, that is correct...and I also agree with bonehead. I hate the police with a passion now, and its not them personally...its the f*ckin system.

To the OP - go round to the pond with a balaclava on and beat the b*stards sensless. .(only if you are completely certain of their behaviour first though)
Old 22 June 2008, 08:40 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
So, from what I have read, 2 blokes "hiding" in a bush ask two girls if they are on their own. Girls run off. Police are called and dont do a lot....
Dad goes off to "do in" the 2 blokes "hiding" in a bush...

So, what if the 2 blokes had followed their "leading" question with "go home you shouldnt be here without adult supervision" rather than them making some kind of lewd advance?

What on earth were the police supposed to do? Get the helicopter up? Send in an armed patrol with dogs? Even if they had sent a PCS to the frog pond and they had found the two men, what could be said? They have as much right to be there as the kids did and speaking to kids is not a criminal offence.

I totally support the kids decision to take flight and to tell their dad. I totally understand that a dad seeing his scared child will want to defend her and wont think straight in the heat of the moment because daddys little girl is upset.

But, in the cold light of day, if the police went about stopping every stranger that simply spoke to a kid in a public place then we really would have problems...

If the two fellas are there tonight and the thread starter and his team of men see them, what happens if they provide a perfectly valid reason for being there? We would have even more problems if vigilantes go around beating up strangers who talk to kids

I hope the girls are not too scared by what happened and I hope their parents reaction to the whole incident hasnt made it even more frightening than it was. But neither the police, nor the blokes by the pond have done anything wrong here.
Well said,
Old 22 June 2008, 09:58 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
exactly diy it!!

Coppers are only intersted in making money, or constantly harrasing modified car owners for pointless little things!

And every cop under 30 is a **** in disguise! ******* little hitlers!

The only decent coppers are the old school ones, but most of them are tucked away nicely in desk jobs till they retire

My school of thought has and always will be diy it!

bloody right n all. every young or near middle aged officer ive met have been rude, obnoxious, rubish attitute and generally look down on u. its the senior officers, the older ones that either pull u over and give u a pointer on whats wrong, so that they dont have to fine u, or jus give u general advice and can have a chat with. shame
Old 22 June 2008, 10:09 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

These days they all coppers have to pass several exams and interviews where they have to meet a minimum standard in areas covering respect for race and diversity, community and customer focus, personal responsibility, problem solving, team working, effective communication and resilience. They don't let just anyone in.
Old 22 June 2008, 10:22 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

so far from what iv seen they jus let smarmy stuck up idiots in
Old 22 June 2008, 10:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I rang 999 a while ago to report vandals wrecking the local park (smashing bottles, lighting fires trying to melt the rubber swings ) I was told by the operator that 999 was for emergencies only and to ring the non emergency number as I was potentially preventing real crimes being reported.

Utterly ferking sickening
Old 22 June 2008, 10:42 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I rang 999 a while ago to report vandals wrecking the local park (smashing bottles, lighting fires trying to melt the rubber swings ) I was told by the operator that 999 was for emergencies only and to ring the non emergency number as I was potentially preventing real crimes being reported.

Utterly ferking sickening
See, dumb *** call takers again stopping plod finding out what's going on and gripping problems
Old 22 June 2008, 10:49 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

spot on. the community vans that sometimes park up are the only way to get a copper somewhere quick, as they have direct radio link, some also have numbers for the van.

alternatively, when u need the police, tell them either someones got a gun, guarantee a fleet will be there in minutes! or that someone has an illegal exhaust or god forbid a car on the road without tax showing, that will get them there quicktime, lol
Old 22 June 2008, 11:05 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Well said,
Also agree totally

I found myself looking into a parked up, unattended Black Impreza STI (bugeye) as it was rather shiney and I was just curious, you know, admiring the car.

Thanks f**k the owner and his mates did not turn up at this stage, as I may have been in hospital now.
Old 22 June 2008, 11:17 PM
ash002004
Scooby Regular

lol i see ur point actually, theres always various ways to go about something. if i see someone looking into my car ill jus keep watching incase it goes further, but u never know when u think someones jus looking out of interest and when someones looking to see what they can nick after nightfall

not that im implying you were casing the car bob, lol
Old 23 June 2008, 10:04 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Little fills parents with more horror or paranoia and they aren't helping much are they - very sad.

Don't worry though mate, I'm sure there will be CCTV cameras put up there within 12 months - its by far the best way of policing now. They only cost millions to install, maintain and operate - far cheaper than 'organic' coppers. They actually record the event so as an invoice can be later generated and this goes towards the cost of installing the cameras - genius (although the victim may need rather costly hospital and counselling - well, no system's perfect....)!!!

As someone suggests the system would pursue you to the end of the earth for being 8mph over in a 60 and ignoring the CCTV invoice wouldn't they...

D

Last edited by Diesel; 23 June 2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 23 June 2008, 12:18 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

I'm afraid that the general public dont have a very good view of the Police. Perhaps something should be done to prompt better understanding.

Sadly most of my contacts with them havent filled me with much confidence either.
Old 23 June 2008, 12:48 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
I'm afraid that the general public dont have a very good view of the Police. Perhaps something should be done to prompt better understanding.

Sadly most of my contacts with them haven't filled me with much confidence either.
I think a few Chief Cons have at long last made their feelings known on the excessive bureaucracy and the simplistic statistics chasing that's designed to vindicate the clowns in government rather than police effectively.

Less sitting on hands and more talking up for common sense is what's required by all the boys in blue.

Best thing this government did was slyly not backdate coppers' pay. It may just have awoken a sleeping beast that was nodding off towards a luxurious early pension...

D
Old 23 June 2008, 12:53 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
These days they all coppers have to pass several exams and interviews where they have to meet a minimum standard in areas covering respect for race and diversity, community and customer focus, personal responsibility, problem solving, team working, effective communication and resilience. They don't let just anyone in.
Isn't that what we would expect in the natural course of things though?

Les
Old 23 June 2008, 01:23 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
So why are all the younger cops tw@s of the highest order?

I had a coper of no more than 22 tell me to "stop ******* swearing, or id be nicked!"

How does that work? absolute w@nkers the lot of them, and its allways the unpopular kids thast turn into coppers from hell, are they making up for the desperatley sh1te teenage life spent as a virgin, by making life difficult for anyone who is normal and spent teenage years ******** fit birds and getting pissed?

They all have a massive chip on their shoulder!

And what about the bald vectra driver on road wars, on the way to a job he was swearing like a trooper, using d1ckhhead and ******* more than once each, all recorded on camera, but while sorting the incident out, he nicked one of the criminals mates for swearing twice. Double standards or what, and that shows that 99% of coppers think they themselves are above the law!

Quick Reply: Another Police "Cop Out"