Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Grrrr, rude 'phone operators!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2008, 03:10 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Grrrr, rude 'phone operators!!!

Why can't poeple just be a little les of a **** on the 'phone, it dfoesn't take much to be civil!!

My dad was taken into St. Peters hospital in chertsey last night with a suspected heart attack. I've had no updates from his fiancee today so I thought I'd call the hospital to be put through to the coronary care unit.

Didn't realise it would be so difficult. I ended up on the phone to some stroppy operator who went nuts when I explained the situation , I said he was taken in after a coronary last night and asked to be put through to the associated care unit. She was all "wot! is it a ward or a department or a room? come on..." I explained that she was probably more qualified than me to know which department emergency coronary patients were taken to and she just got arsey and put me through to the cardiology department! duh! Told the guy I was put through to that I was clearly speaking to the wrong department, he was very helpful and seemed to be aware of the problem with their cr@p operators, freaking glad someone actually had some manners in the end, was about to hit 11 on the stress meter!

Anyway, spoken with the nurses now and they say the consultant is still to see him but he is stable and has had lots of blood thinners etc. but he's obviously feeling a little rough. 15 years since his last stress related heart attack (was a director for Lotus/IBM, had 4 attacks one after another in 30 mins) and that very nearly finished him off, bit worried

Mum died of breast cancer in 2003 aged 50, I really don't want to bury my dad just yet. Pretty worried about him but keeping a philosophical head about it and trying to stay posititive. Just sucks that I haven't been able to see him due to effing stupid work stuff. At least my colleagues are very supportive and understanding of why I might be on a bit of a hair trigger

Sorry for the negative type post on a Friday avo, just had to get it off my chest and this seems to be the place to do it recently

Cheers,

Tom
Old 20 June 2008, 03:14 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope he gets well soon.

Don't worry about the subject, everyone on here seems to be going through it lately
Old 20 June 2008, 03:16 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Been through it with my mum 5 years ago... hope he is ok.
Old 20 June 2008, 03:27 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Hope he's feeling better soon.
Old 20 June 2008, 03:28 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

My old man has been having some trouble of late. Was at the Hospital only yesterday for tests. Has beenput down to stress. He's the MD of his own Roofing/Cladding company so bears the brunt of the office/site problems.

Been on the sick all week, and been told to rest. He's adamant he's going back to work on Monday.

I'm waiting for the Heart attack to happen
Old 20 June 2008, 04:07 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
My old man has been having some trouble of late. Was at the Hospital only yesterday for tests. Has beenput down to stress. He's the MD of his own Roofing/Cladding company so bears the brunt of the office/site problems.

Been on the sick all week, and been told to rest. He's adamant he's going back to work on Monday.

Sorry to hear that you're going through a similar situation. That sounds the same as my pa, total workaholic. Mines been off work since 1993 on the insurance scheme from work but like your dad, he can't stop. He just replaces work with other little 'projects' lol, silly bugger! He won't be told though.

I'm just glad I've got some good close mates who have jumped into readiness immediately, true stars

Thanks very much for the good wishes etc. Much appreciated

Still no news from the consultant...

Cheers,

T
Old 20 June 2008, 04:12 PM
lollyMccray
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about your dad hope hes ok

Trending Topics

Old 20 June 2008, 05:34 PM
STi Lou
Scooby Regular

I really hope he is on the mend soon, you really don't need rude idiots on the phone on top of the stress you are already going through can you complain and hope someone else doesn't have to go through the same thing??
Old 20 June 2008, 05:35 PM
STi Lou
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

sorry to hear about your dad wayne, hope he is ok soon......clear your messages btw been sending you msgs since last week!!!
Old 21 June 2008, 12:07 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am sorry to hear about your dad, My mum was in St Peter's for a while and we were shocked when we went to visit her. She was unable to do much for herself at the time, she was pretty old too, and she was left in the bed in badly soiled clothes and bedding and had obviously been like that for a long time. When we complained eventually one person came to sort things out-no apology of course, and Mrs Leslie had to help with the cleanup job too. Not very impressive!

Les
Old 23 June 2008, 11:19 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I am sorry to hear about your dad, My mum was in St Peter's for a while and we were shocked when we went to visit her. She was unable to do much for herself at the time, she was pretty old too, and she was left in the bed in badly soiled clothes and bedding and had obviously been like that for a long time. When we complained eventually one person came to sort things out-no apology of course, and Mrs Leslie had to help with the cleanup job too. Not very impressive!

Les
That's absolutely disgusting, unfortunately not surprising when talking about St Peter's though.

My dad released himself on Friday afternoon as he said it was stressing him out more being in the CCU and staring at the same bed he was in 15 years ago when my mum was alive, understandable I suppose!

Luckily his body didn't produce the enzyme that kills off the heart muscle so he got away very lightly, however they did say that he would die very quickly if he carried on the way he has been.

So now it's rest, rest and more rest, and astonishingly, he appears to be listening to everyone now and trying to relax. Only problem is, there are some things he has no control over, he's getting married in August and currently selling his house, ultra stressful stuff. He's trying to change the way he looks upon these things though, so we're making progress.

We'll see what happens in the next couple of months, if he makes it past that then we're in business

Thanks for all the nice comments guys