J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Coldplay ?

Overrated sack of Horse **** ?

Or Sack of Horse **** ?

Chris Martin, annoying Prima Donna ?

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Chris Martin abandons interview

God I hate Coldplay (though I don't mind Clocks when I forget who it is)
Old 15 June 2008, 07:20 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most definately an overrated sack of horse ****. Chris Martin is beyond any doubt an annoying hypocritical prima donna.
I have never met Chris Martin, nor have I seen him in the flesh, my friend Simon and Jensen Button in the same room at the same time and it leads me to think that my friend Simon is actually a singing racing driver with multiple personalities
Old 15 June 2008, 08:39 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

You can't really act like that when you're in the public eye. The interviewer was asking some tedious questions though.
Old 15 June 2008, 08:43 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i thing they are budgie spunk as well.

loads of bands are the new this or the new that, as soon as people realise we are being manipulated by record producers "megastores" the more power we will have as a nation.

heres an example "decking" how did it catch on, i bet you it was down to a few gardening programmes telling you how good it was, and how we needed it, then all of a sudden it catches on
Old 15 June 2008, 09:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Theyre no Artic Monkeys ...
Old 15 June 2008, 10:12 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I quite like Coldplay, although Chris Martin does seem a bit full of himself. However, he managed to marry Gwyneth Paltrow...

Steve

Trending Topics

Old 15 June 2008, 10:23 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
I quite like Coldplay, although Chris Martin does seem a bit full of himself. However, he managed to marry Gwyneth Paltrow...

Steve
i mean you just would,wouldnt you
Old 15 June 2008, 10:29 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Put it this way, any band or song promoted by Apple for their iPod/iTunes ad is shyte by default

shyte backing band, shyte singer, depressive lyrics, all made successful by a multitude of catchy melodies and lots of product placement and **** kissing by seemingly influentual yet clueless pundits (Jo Wiley) waxing lyrical over them
Old 16 June 2008, 12:11 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Come on guys, if you don't like them, then FFS stop with all this beating around the bush and just come out with it!

I D/L'd the new album from i-tunes last Friday, but family and work commitments mean I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I according to the opinions above I should just smash my hard disk with a hammer in order to permanently delete the rubbish
Old 16 June 2008, 12:17 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You could delete the info after youve made the cd and then use it as a frisbee
Old 16 June 2008, 12:52 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

I think Liam Gallagher had it right.

During a kids cancer gig, Chris Martin constantly banged on about free trade and aired his anti-capitalist feelings to the audience. Following the gig Liam had the below to say:

Originally Posted by Liam
When Coldplay did this gig they banged on about the war, that's wrong. Chris Martin shouldn't be using this cause to bang on about his own views on the war. If him and his gawky bird want to go banging on about the war they can do it at their own gigs.

That lot are just a bunch of ******** students - Chris Martin looks like a geography teacher. What's all that with writing messages about Free Trade on his hand when he's playing. If he wants to write things down I'll give him a pen and a pad of paper. Bunch of students.

These gigs are about kids who have got cancer, they've got to fight a war every day of their lives. That's what we're all here doing this for.
I'm not really a fan of Gallagher to be honest, but in this case he was absolutely spot on. Chris Martin is in the same bracket as Geldoff, a self-serving celebrity attempting to solve the worlds problems from his ivory tower.

Last edited by angrynorth; 16 June 2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 16 June 2008, 01:01 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angrynorth
Chris Martin is in the same bracket as Geldoff, a self-serving celebrity attempting to solve the worlds problems from his ivory tower.
Don't argue with that at all. And Bono is a **** of the highest order for his similar efforts to make us all feel bad and donate to a basket case cause that hasn't achieved a bloody thing with the squillions so far donated. Doesn't make U2's music crap though, does it?
Old 16 June 2008, 01:19 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Most definately an overrated sack of horse ****. Chris Martin is beyond any doubt an annoying hypocritical prima donna.
I have never met Chris Martin, nor have I seen him in the flesh, my friend Simon and Jensen Button in the same room at the same time and it leads me to think that my friend Simon is actually a singing racing driver with multiple personalities
Excuse me: are you a mentalist?
Old 16 June 2008, 01:49 AM
angrynorth
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Don't argue with that at all. And Bono is a **** of the highest order for his similar efforts to make us all feel bad and donate to a basket case cause that hasn't achieved a bloody thing with the squillions so far donated. Doesn't make U2's music crap though, does it?
U2's music is crap regardless of the fact that Bono is a bellend. To be fair, Coldplay have actually released some fairly good tracks, but that doesn't change the fact that Chris Martin is an arrogant self serving douchebag.
Old 16 June 2008, 07:29 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by angrynorth
U2's music is crap regardless of the fact that Bono is a bellend. To be fair, Coldplay have actually released some fairly good tracks, but that doesn't change the fact that Chris Martin is an arrogant self serving douchebag.
I was with you there right through the U2 hate until you said 'Coldplay released some fairly good tracks'. If by good you mean whiney, reedey voiced,half witted polemic to a backing track of derivative and unimaginative krypto indie guitar music then I agree with you.

The 'panhead' was spot on with his comments BTW.
Old 16 June 2008, 07:47 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Originally Posted by GC8
Excuse me: are you a mentalist?
Why, yes. Yes, I am
Old 16 June 2008, 08:47 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Once again more comedy from Scoobynet

Nowadays I get to meet quite a few artists and I can honestly say that many impressions I have had of celebs have been shattered upon meeting them and I think those that 'attack' anyone like Chris Martin would get a sharp shock if they met a percentage of the artists that they 'like'....or who they have grown up idolising...

High percentage tend to be mirrors of the Bonos, Chris Martins and Van Morrisions of this world but on a less successful scale, this tends to make them even more unbearable.....

Obviously others tend to be relatively unaffected

Buy a CD or follow a band based upon whether you like the lead singer or not.....?

PS Viva la Vida (3.0 out of 5.0)
Old 16 June 2008, 08:50 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Surely whether they are 'nice' or not has no relevance to the fact they are over hyped and make rubbish music?
Old 16 June 2008, 08:55 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Surely whether they are 'nice' or not has no relevance to the fact they are over hyped and make rubbish music?
Totally agree

Just think it's funny when people like Chris Martin and Bono are singled out as being this that and the next thing, yet many other artists slightly lower down the fame rating are equally as bad, if not worse and I'm certain will still populate many's CD collections
Old 16 June 2008, 09:20 AM
NACRO
BANNED

I think in the case of Chris Martin what gets up people's noses is stuff like the interview walkout, his earnest political eulogies, his fit wife and his fat wad of cash.

For the benefit of the clearly jealous there's one thing you can laugh at, didn't he call his daughter after a piece of fruit? (obviously you can only laugh at this if you haven't given your offspring a ridiculous chav name like ashton, kane, kyle kaydee/lee, cortkneeee etc etc)

Last edited by NACRO; 16 June 2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 16 June 2008, 09:25 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Coldplays stuff ranges from abysmal to outstanding. "A rush of blood to the head" is thier best work. Parachutes and X&Y were average at best, and Viva la Vida is great in parts not so good in others.
Old 16 June 2008, 09:29 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

"Clocks" still makes me resort to playing desk piano whenever its aired.....
Old 16 June 2008, 09:45 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Well, I like Coldplay.....and U2. There, I've said it.
Old 16 June 2008, 09:50 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Well, I like Coldplay.....and U2. There, I've said it.

It's okay, I said it as well! Although U2 is a bit hit and miss with me: I like some stuff.

Steve
Old 16 June 2008, 09:51 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NACRO
I think in the case of Chris Martin what gets up people's noses is stuff like the interview walkout, his earnest political eulogies, his fit wife and his fat wad of cash.
What really got up my nose was the fact that for a band that are so left wing they make me look like Hitler, and are all for free money and food and stuff, they take the **** with thier own product.

I have a copy of X&Y, perfectly legit, bought from a shop and everything. Can I transfer it to my iPod? Can I bollocks. Its copy protected up to the hilt.

But they didn't bank on me ripping it to my PS3, then copying it to a USB stick and then back onto my machine than then onto the iPod. I win you viscious communist *******s.
Old 16 June 2008, 10:16 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm not a fan of Coldplay's music at all It all seems to be the same whining dirge, I would definitely struggle to tell the difference between any their various records

As far as Chris Martin goes, compared to the likes of Pete Docherty or Amy Winehouse the guy's pretty harmless really, I think most of the sniping is rooted in envy

Originally Posted by NACRO
For the benefit of the clearly jealous there's one thing you can laugh at, didn't he call his daughter after a piece of fruit?
Either that, or it was one of the most cynical sponsorship deals ever
Old 16 June 2008, 10:27 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

I used to love U2: but it was 1984, and I was a little boy, so that was alright.
Old 16 June 2008, 10:28 AM
Tobisausage
Scooby Regular

Bono rants on about world poverty and yet has his hat flown to him first class on a plane.
Old 16 June 2008, 11:04 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
it was one of the most cynical sponsorship deals ever

Quick Reply: Coldplay ?