Ebay question

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2008, 09:09 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay question

Quick question on Ebay

How is it people can list and sell things for .01p 99p etc and actually make money especially when using the likes of paypal etc

A single item costs around 30-40p to list if you only have one picture, then you get charged a percentageof the final sale fee, and then get charged Paypal fees

Im talking of sellers who list hundreds of items at a ridiculously low price (like above) as a buy it now, so how do they actually make money

Im not talking delivery costs either to bump up the price, its more things like e-books etc which are electronic delivery so therefore cost nothing
Old 13 June 2008, 10:02 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Usually I would say by delivery costs, unless you have seen them listed with free delivery.
A lot of places even though they are e-books etc, they still charge a nominal fee for delivery.

Other things like 99p buy it now, sometimes its volume that counts. For shop items the fee is much lower. Plus a lot of these items are listed on 5p listing days etc.

At the end of the day, where there is a 5p profit, with 1000 unit sales, its worth it, especially with electronic delivery. At least you dont have to waste your time going to the post office to make all those 5p's lol
Old 13 June 2008, 10:03 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

If it's e-books, they usually sell those in order to push further products and to gain e-mail addresses for spam. For example, if I sell you an e-book about how to become an affiliate millionaire, chances are I can sell you loads of get rich quick scams. That's where they make their money.

Click here to buy my e-book on how to avoid such things