Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Quatar/Eithad/Gulf airlines

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2008, 01:52 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quatar/Eithad/Gulf airlines

Anybody flown with any of these airlines? Feedback appreciated.

Thanks
Old 29 May 2008, 02:16 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Used Etihad a few times last year.
A good airline with a modern fleet.
Good service on board with personal in flight entertainment - the only slight drawback is having to hub at Abu Dhabi which is not the best of airports - clean but small with nowhere much to crash out if there for a few hours.
Old 29 May 2008, 03:10 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Flown Gulf Air, service was good, seating fine etc.
Would not avoid them in future, would happily fly with them again.
Old 29 May 2008, 03:17 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Flown with Qatar to the Maldives with a stop off and change in Qatar itself. Plane and service going out from the UK to Qatar was impeccable, less so from Qatar to the Maldives. Coming back, the plane from the Maldives to Qatar was a right heap, but we then changed on to a decent plane with again impeccable service from Qatar to the UK....
Old 29 May 2008, 03:37 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

Gulf air was fine, plane one third empty, very comfortable across 3 seats.
Old 29 May 2008, 07:13 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Can only vouch for them for cargo, i use QR every single day but also like etihad quite a bit what about emirates what is your destination

Trending Topics

Old 29 May 2008, 07:30 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

I flew with Qatar last year - Bahrain-Qatar, modern Airbus rammed full but very cheap last minute flight. Doha airport was ok, modern large and plenty of seats (unlike Abu Dhabi).
Flew then from Qatar - Frankfurt, old Airbus absolutely rammed full, IFE not working and non-existant service but again cheap and got me there almost on time.

Flew BA out to Bahrain and Frankfurt to Heathrow but on staff tickets so doesn't count - always get treated very well.

I'd recommend Qatar airlines for a cheap ticket but nothing outstanding other than the price.
I've a friend who works for Etihad in Abu Dhabi and has nothing good to say about the company but on-board service he says is very good and their aircraft are getting better.
Old 29 May 2008, 07:38 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Flown Etihad, service is very good, far better than any of the major Western carriers (especially BA and the Americans), but not quite on a par with the better Asian/Orientals.
Abu Dhabi is OK as stopovers go Beats Emirates at Dubai these days anyway
Old 30 May 2008, 01:46 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Destination is Abu Dhabi. I'd heard some bad things about the state of QA's fleet. BA flights have bad timings, so Eithad seems like a good bet from what you guys are saying.

Whats Abu Dhabi like?
Old 30 May 2008, 01:50 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Not been outside the airport so can't say for sure, but hot, sandy and dry is a probably a safe bet
Old 30 May 2008, 03:03 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

flew back into the country 2 days ago with Qatar airlines...airbus 300-330 outbound to Doha, and then airbus 300 to Dhaka, not very nice, alod and rickety, reflects the kind of passengers that are going to embark at Doha..

service was good to Doha, but went down hill there after..also 7 hour flight time to Doha, which is crap, considering Emirates fly to Dubai from Manchester in 5 ish hours, newer and faster planes Boeing 777, and then airbus 300-330 onwards, Emirates have completely overhauled their fleet...so i would go Emirates, reason i took Qatar this time round was flight availabiltiy..

so first choice would beEmirates if i was you, a little more expensive..but worth it considering flight times!!
Old 30 May 2008, 03:18 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by munna
flew back into the country 2 days ago with Qatar airlines...airbus 300-330 outbound to Doha, and then airbus 300 to Dhaka, not very nice, alod and rickety, reflects the kind of passengers that are going to embark at Doha..

service was good to Doha, but went down hill there after..also 7 hour flight time to Doha, which is crap, considering Emirates fly to Dubai from Manchester in 5 ish hours, newer and faster planes Boeing 777, and then airbus 300-330 onwards, Emirates have completely overhauled their fleet...so i would go Emirates, reason i took Qatar this time round was flight availabiltiy..

so first choice would beEmirates if i was you, a little more expensive..but worth it considering flight times!!

If you don't mind me asking what you doing out in that part of the world mate?
Old 30 May 2008, 03:23 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

which part?, the middle east or Bangladesh?

if the latter, then i go out there as often as possible to see my maternal Grandparents, and a bit of off the beaten track site seeing!..its a country that i used to hate..but grew to fall in love with it and its people..as hard as it is to believe, its a beautiful country..

also i have been planning for the last 14 years to surprise my sister in law by a surprise visit, but everytime i blubber it out, that i am going...but not this time...her face was an absolute picture..just to see her cry and laugh and be shocked at the same time...she has no blood brother, and sees me as her younger brother...seeing her face 2 weeks ago was worth the stress and hassle!!
Old 30 May 2008, 03:40 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by munna
which part?, the middle east or Bangladesh?

if the latter, then i go out there as often as possible to see my maternal Grandparents, and a bit of off the beaten track site seeing!..its a country that i used to hate..but grew to fall in love with it and its people..as hard as it is to believe, its a beautiful country..

also i have been planning for the last 14 years to surprise my sister in law by a surprise visit, but everytime i blubber it out, that i am going...but not this time...her face was an absolute picture..just to see her cry and laugh and be shocked at the same time...she has no blood brother, and sees me as her younger brother...seeing her face 2 weeks ago was worth the stress and hassle!!
Sorry I didn't see the Dhaka bit, I thought you were working in the middle east.
Old 30 May 2008, 03:51 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Talking

ha ha...i will be out that way to work in about 2 years time!!..a friend of mine works for Etihad, she enjoys the work and rants and raves about them..it would seem logical to use the national carrier of the country, have not heard anything bad about them as of yet..

but do skip Qatar airlines, they are good, its just sometimes they have a 'change of equipment' which could mean a new plane, or the old kit!!..like the flight back from Doha..i was expecting the new plane, but got the old one...plus they code share with BMI...so i was on the flight with a load of dirty old men and their 16 year old wives/girlfriends!! from Thailand!!....made me sick that i was not with my 16 year old bride...from Thailand!!!....he he