Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unlocking nokia N95

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2008, 01:58 PM
zedf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlocking nokia N95

Does anywhere know where i can get it done online for a decent price???

The phone is on 3G i have been told it can be unlocked i went to a local shop who said it would be about £30 but if i got it done from them it would take 5 days.

So any idea where i can get it done online quicker and maybe cheaper?

Thanx
Old 20 May 2008, 06:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is on 3 ring them, they charge 15 quid, or at least did do for my N80.
Old 20 May 2008, 07:35 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Do yourself a favour- dont **** about trying to save yourself some cash.

There are only a couple of methods that work on the N80, N95 and later models, and they involve specific software, building/buying awkward cables or similar.
If you **** it up, you will brick the phone. if you dont know what you are doing, you will brick the phone. Even if you do know what you are doing, you may well brick the phone. If you are really lucky, it may work, or you may end up with it permenantly locked to your network.

Just phone your provider, pay to get it unlocked and be done with it.
Old 20 May 2008, 11:45 PM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

I spent ages trying to unlock a Sony Ericsson that was on the "3" network. It was a gift from my sister in law after she got a newer phone. I gave up in the end, as "3" is apparently one of the hardest to unlock, and a lot of the free sites that provide unlocking software etc are well dodgy. I spent £16 to get it unlocked using software and instructions from a company called Kingmobilephone. The instructions are idiot proof, and it worked 1st time. They seem to be one of the more popular sites for this sort of thing.
Old 21 May 2008, 07:43 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

I got a unlock code from Ebay for mine. Worked 100% fine. Think it was £15
Old 21 May 2008, 09:04 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I've got a N95 8GB and was unable to find anyone who could unlock it remotely and in anything less than five days by sending it away. I couldn't get the unlock code from O2 as you need to have had the contract for a year before they will sell you the code

I then found Mobile Phone Unlocking + Flashing Equipment, Unlocking + Debranding Service, Cables, Tools, Accessories, Unlocking Service, Firmware Upgrade on t'interweb, paid my £34 and was sent a code, unfortunately the phone wouldn't accept it so I emailed them (7pm at night) and received a very courteous and helpful email straight back. They asked me to check a few things with emails flying back and forth then told me I'd need to send it in to have the code 'forced' into the phone (not as bad as it sounds apparently ).

They promise a 48 hour turnaround (and they deliver this according to their reviews) so I'm sending the phone off today and will get it back Friday for no extra cost.

If in the unlikely event it fails they will give me a full refund. I'm very impressed with the service so far

Fingers crossed the unlocking works

Trending Topics

Old 21 May 2008, 10:06 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

I never had anything like that sort of problems. the unlock code was sent via email with instructions on how to apply the code into the phone. 30 Seconds later it was all done and is now working fine on any netowork.

Mine is also a N95 8GB
Old 21 May 2008, 11:56 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
I've got a N95 8GB and was unable to find anyone who could unlock it remotely and in anything less than five days by sending it away. I couldn't get the unlock code from O2 as you need to have had the contract for a year before they will sell you the code

I then found Mobile Phone Unlocking + Flashing Equipment, Unlocking + Debranding Service, Cables, Tools, Accessories, Unlocking Service, Firmware Upgrade on t'interweb, paid my £34 and was sent a code, unfortunately the phone wouldn't accept it so I emailed them (7pm at night) and received a very courteous and helpful email straight back. They asked me to check a few things with emails flying back and forth then told me I'd need to send it in to have the code 'forced' into the phone (not as bad as it sounds apparently ).

They promise a 48 hour turnaround (and they deliver this according to their reviews) so I'm sending the phone off today and will get it back Friday for no extra cost.

If in the unlikely event it fails they will give me a full refund. I'm very impressed with the service so far

Fingers crossed the unlocking works
I'll give these people a go for my old Motorola v3x, another website cost me £4 to be unlocked by e-mail, all the e-mail was was just a report about my phone and saying that it could be unlocked and suggested several ways that I could get it unlocked

windyboy