Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Race / Gay Hate Crimes...

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2008, 11:32 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race / Gay Hate Crimes...

Why does a gay person shout hate crime when he/she is attacked by a straight person ?

Why is it that when a ethnic group is attacked by another ethnic group it's automatically classed as race hate ????

example here;

Sheffield Forum - Straight V's Gay

Stupid nanny state
Old 03 May 2008, 11:36 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I agree it does need to be clarified if the attack was motivated by the nature of the person and their choices, or just wrong place wrong time.

Either way assault is assault, and theft is theft.

I know it needs addressing, but needs to stop being focused on so much.

Just our of interest, when a white person is attacked by a black or asian person, why is this so rarely a race crime?
Old 03 May 2008, 12:32 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

A chap we know was pushed to the groud, his phone, laptop, ipod and wallet taken. He was then badly beaten. kicked, punched and stood on whilst on the ground for no other reason than they could, he did not resist or get lippy, he complied with them as he was in fear of his life.

He is white - the gang of 6+ heros where asian.

He was taken to hospital where it was reported as thief/robbery with violence or such.

Now,
Roles reversed and asian chap robbed and badly beaten for no other reason than they could - do you think this would just be classed as robbery - i am asking the question???

Last edited by The Zohan; 03 May 2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03 May 2008, 12:38 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because this country is full of PC do gooders.

Because this country has a majority population of white/christian people then any minority will also claim they are being picked and because of the PC bull**** we have to put up with it will always be classed as a racial/homophobic/religious hate crime.
Old 03 May 2008, 12:56 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Gazza, I have only read the first post on the forum link you provided.

I am a gay man who went out around Sheffield on Friday with my partner. We ended up going to Dempsey's and after a bit of a dance we decided to go to the Chicken Shop. Normally I feel safe around that area, but after waiting for a taxi we were approached by 2 "Straight" lads who asked us if we wanted a fight. They kept asking more after realising that we were gay. They girlfriends were stood behind them laughing like school kids and silly bimbo's. I want to know what is wrong with society..............I understand that some people will never accept gay people, but its a wonder Sheffield is so far behind cities such as Manchester and Birmingham.
Can you see that the bolded lettering indicates that they were enticed/picked upon MORE when their sexuality came into light to the other party? This indicates that it was a hate motivated act. The other party asking them for a fight to begin with was wrong, anyway.

Home Office define Hate Crime as any incident, which constitutes a criminal offence, which is perceived by the victim or any other person as being motivated by "prejudice or hate".

I understand your point about the crimes on white people not being classed as Hate Crimes, even if some of them could be motivated by prejudices and hatred. That's becuase the Hate Crime title is for the crimes on minorities. Home Office have reasons for giving this title to minorities problems only, their database of crimes motivated by hate indicates more crimes of such nature on minority communities in compare to the majority of whites, straights, and the ablebodied etc., that's why.

If any hate motivated crime is committed on a white, law is there to deal with it in the same manner.

Last edited by Turbohot; 03 May 2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03 May 2008, 01:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
If any hate motivated crime is committed on a white, law is there deal with it in the same manner.
True enough, but, only if it is recorded as a hate crime, rightly or wrongly a lot of people feel that this is not the case as the PC brigade and thepeople who have a vested interest in producing the stats would rather it was reported asn anything but a hate crime
Old 03 May 2008, 01:33 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
True enough, but, only if it is recorded as a hate crime, rightly or wrongly a lot of people feel that this is not the case as the PC brigade and thepeople who have a vested interest in producing the stats would rather it was reported asn anything but a hate crime

White majority population needs to pull the PC brigade over on this issue, then Ask them rightfully to look into their stats and ask them to operate as fair as possible. Majority of police force is white too, as we know. They just have to follow the law and legislation. Challenge the law if you think it's wrong. Sounds difficult and long winded, but one has to start somewhere.