Flooring

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2008, 10:32 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooring

Karndean or Amitco ?

Just had an offer accepted on a house & while the floorcoverings are ok. I quite fancy covering the heavy traffic areas in the above ?

Any ideas ??

Ta
Old 27 April 2008, 10:38 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

We have Karndean in our hall, kitchen, dining room, study and downstairs bog. It's excellent. We use a parquet floor attachment on the hoover to clean it and it still looks spotless with no marks or scratches. We've lived here over a year and I think it was down at least a year before we bought the house so it's definately hard wearing.

My dad has Amtico and the wife reckons it feels colder but I used to work in an office with Amtico throughout and it always felt nice and warm when wondering round in my socks

I think there's nothing in it quality-wise so go for the cheapest i.e. Karndean or whichever design you like best.
Old 29 April 2008, 10:10 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amtico all the way.

Its thicker and proven to be harder wearing.

But don't take it from me - take it from a friend's brother - he was a Karndean rep who has amtico in his house.
Old 29 April 2008, 10:29 PM
***Nemesis***
Scooby Regular

I have Karndean - very high traffic area. To go anywhere in the house you have to pass through this room. It's been down 3 years now with no problems at all. I'd definitely fit it again - I'd not be prepared to pay Amtico's price.
Old 29 April 2008, 10:41 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

I'd opt for Karndean, I've known Amtico to shrink leaving unsightly black (dirt) lines between the tiles, also if your doing it DIY Karndean is much easier to fit. If looked after properly they'll last for years (Amtico and Karndean)

Having been in the flooring trade for almost 25 years and being a certified fitter of Amtico, I'd still go for Karndean
Old 30 April 2008, 08:34 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
I'd opt for Karndean, I've known Amtico to shrink leaving unsightly black (dirt) lines between the tiles, also if your doing it DIY Karndean is much easier to fit. If looked after properly they'll last for years (Amtico and Karndean)

Having been in the flooring trade for almost 25 years and being a certified fitter of Amtico, I'd still go for Karndean
Any deals Tam ??