Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: which way would you vote?
BNP
16.99%
Conservative
66.67%
Green Party
0.65%
Labour
3.27%
Liberal Democrats
0.65%
Respect
0%
UKIP
5.23%
other
1.31%
Undecided
3.27%
Not voting
1.96%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Ok Wh would you vote for if a general election was called next month?

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2008, 11:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who would you vote for if a general election was called next month?

Hypothetical i know, humour me.

Patris listed in alphabetical order not personal preference BTW

Last edited by The Zohan; 25 April 2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 25 April 2008, 11:24 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Conservatives always win where I live, but I shall vote for them again ...

Steve
Old 25 April 2008, 11:26 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

You could pose this question any time of year on any date on this forum and the Tories would come out on top. It is a strange phenomenom that most scooby owners are Tories, or have right wing tendancies.

It's bizarre and I have no idea why it is.
Old 25 April 2008, 11:27 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Jesus, it's a whitewash!

Tory for me, but I'd like a closely balanced Parliament, not a massive majority.

BTW, in response to Pete above, I don;t own a Scooby. I don't even own a performance car any more.
Old 25 April 2008, 11:28 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Conservatives always win where I live, but I shall vote for them again ...

You could paint a monkey blue in my neck of the woods and it would still get voted in

But I do normally vote Consertive except when they lost power I voted Sir James Goldsmith out of europe
Old 25 April 2008, 11:28 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Do remember though SN is formed up of a group of people who have certain preferences to other people outside of this circle.
Old 25 April 2008, 11:32 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
BTW, in response to Pete above, I don;t own a Scooby. I don't even own a performance car any more.

Well, a scoobynet contributer, then. Same difference.

It's skewed massively towards the tories, when, the country at large is not even close to having the imbalance.

It works the other way too _ you can go to forums that are massively in support of Labour, or the Lib Dems, and are seemignly completely unconnected with either. It could be a forum about fishing.

Just seems that scoobynet seems to attract tory voters.

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2008, 11:33 AM
Bram
Scooby Regular

Pity you forgot to list Nationalist vote but other will suffice
Old 25 April 2008, 11:40 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have never voted in my life but come next general election I'm voting labour out, I think they are all as bad as each other but labour needs a wakeup call !!
Old 25 April 2008, 11:53 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Consign Brown and the whole Nu Labour project to the garbage bin of history as soon as possible...
Old 25 April 2008, 11:57 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Tory
Old 25 April 2008, 12:21 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I think the very last thing the country needs right now is a Labour administration, with a tiny majority, being forced to limp along for the next 4/5 years.
What we need is a change and a new government with a 'decent' majority, this I fear is unlikely, given the electoral math
Old 25 April 2008, 12:21 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Tory, lets get these sh*t heads out as soon as possible .......

2000 up, yes!
Old 25 April 2008, 12:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevebt
I have never voted in my life but come next general election I'm voting labour out, I think they are all as bad as each other but labour needs a wakeup call !!
Steve, other people have to vote the same way as well
Old 25 April 2008, 12:31 PM
SlimJ_2005
Scooby Regular

Its a tough choice, I think all of them are as bad as each other!!
Old 25 April 2008, 12:34 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I think the very last thing the country needs right now is a Labour administration, with a tiny majority, being forced to limp along for the next 4/5 years.
What we need is a change and a new government with a 'decent' majority, this I fear is unlikely, given the electoral math
I think this is one of those rare occasions where we differ Mart, I don;t like the idea of a big majority one way or the other because, the power players in the party can do what they like. They don;t need to fear any rebellion becasue they have the number sto overcome it.

The good thing about the current levels is that it only takes 40 or so rebels to make it impossible for the government to win the vote if all the opposition parties voate agains them. (Hence the u turn on the 10 p tax rate).

Hence the part in power has to be careful abou the decisions it makes - and the 42 day law won't get voted in.

The thing that leaves a bad taste with oppositions is that they can be entirely inconsistant and get away with it.

The Tories iniitally objected to the 10 tax rate. Then they abstained from voting on it when it came to ratifying it, then they scream and holler when it gets removed.
Old 25 April 2008, 12:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I think this is one of those rare occasions where we differ Mart, I don;t like the idea of a big majority one way or the other because, the power players in the party can do what they like. They don;t need to fear any rebellion becasue they have the number sto overcome it.

The good thing about the current levels is that it only takes 40 or so rebels to make it impossible for the government to win the vote if all the opposition parties voate agains them. (Hence the u turn on the 10 p tax rate).

Hence the part in power has to be careful abou the decisions it makes - and the 42 day law won't get voted in.

The thing that leaves a bad taste with oppositions is that they can be entirely inconsistant and get away with it.

The Tories iniitally objected to the 10 tax rate. Then they abstained from voting on it when it came to ratifying it, then they scream and holler when it gets removed.
Pete, maybe I wasn't clear about what I meant by 'decent' I don't want the next government massive majority, just a workable one, so they can get things done. But still have to keep one eye consensus.
Old 25 April 2008, 01:06 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Steve, other people have to vote the same way as well
Well i am with him and i am sure others are.
Old 25 April 2008, 01:08 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

It's a shame we don't have a 'None of the above' box to tick, too.
Old 25 April 2008, 01:47 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I hope there is peole that have never voted before, voting labour out!
Old 25 April 2008, 01:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

the current state of affairs... meh give the BNP a shot
Old 25 April 2008, 02:24 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Connolly
It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always win
I feel completely unrepresented these days. The big two abuse the green bandwagon to justify taxation, and are so close on policies now they may as well all get into bed with the liberals and negate the need for any future elections. Brown is a bumbling oaf, Cameron is a desperate toff who'll use anything to get him popularity with the tofu sandal wearers, the Liberals were, are and always will be pathetic. Repsect have some promising ideas, but are let down by embarrassments like George Galloway, and UKIP similarly by Kilroy. BNP again have some acceptable policies, but an unacceptable history and links to the extreme right. I won't even mention the Greens !

The party I'd like to vote for would....

Put in measures to cap the population at its current level, perhaps by limiting the benefits paid to the 3rd child and above so large families become a responsible choice rather than an excuse for more benefits.
Control illegal immigration by making it less attractive to those who try, by possibly removing any right to free housing, healthcare (except emergency) and benefits. Entitlement to benefits could be earned over time by successive tax contributions.
Overhaul the benefits system to discourage lazy scroungers, with a maximum payment based on the basic provision of food and shelter, not the £40k+ that some families are currently leaching.
Overhaul the law, prison and the Police to make real crime unattractive, separating minor infractions such as motoring offences from detection rates to see what actual real policing is being done.
Old 25 April 2008, 02:27 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I feel completely unrepresented these days. The big two abuse the green bandwagon to justify taxation, and are so close on policies now they may as well all get into bed with the liberals and negate the need for any future elections. Brown is a bumbling oaf, Cameron is a desperate toff who'll use anything to get him popularity with the tofu sandal wearers, the Liberals were, are and always will be pathetic. Repsect have some promising ideas, but are let down by embarrassments like George Galloway, and UKIP similarly by Kilroy. BNP again have some acceptable policies, but an unacceptable history and links to the extreme right. I won't even mention the Greens !

Put in measures to cap the population at its current level, perhaps by limiting the benefits paid to the 3rd child and above so large families become a responsible choice rather than an excuse for more benefits.
Control illegal immigration by making it less attractive to those who try, by possibly removing any right to free housing, healthcare (except emergency) and benefits. Entitlement to benefits could be earned over time by successive tax contributions.
Overhaul the benefits system to discourage lazy scroungers, with a maximum payment based on the basic provision of food and shelter, not the £40k+ that some families are currently leaching.
Overhaul the law, prison and the Police to make real crime unattractive, separating minor infractions such as motoring offences from detection rates to see what actual real policing is being done.
started reading this and thought BNP, then later on i thought... naaaah
Old 25 April 2008, 02:30 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Agreed, but will all the countries wasters and scroungers vote in another party to come and take their £30-40k benefits away from them?

Thats what labour is banking on.

It appears to be a whitewash. Conservatives way out in front
Old 25 April 2008, 02:34 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Any chance you could start your own political party?

I'd vote for you
Old 25 April 2008, 02:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I haven't even got started yet The Liberal candidate in our local elections knocked on my door last week and asked for some aspirin and a glass of water after 20 minutes
Old 25 April 2008, 02:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
Agreed, but will all the countries wasters and scroungers vote in another party to come and take their £30-40k benefits away from them?

Thats what labour is banking on.

It appears to be a whitewash. Conservatives way out in front
Corradoboy makes a lot of sense and more of the general population are starting to see sense and wake up to NL.

It is important to get a change of gov't and even if a lesser evil.

However if Corradoboy does decide to run he would get mu vote as i wholeheartedly agree with his comments. It all seems like a good, robust common sense approach and one NL should ave adopted some 10 yrs ago.

Currently the UK is circling the bowl and need to be pulled out of the cr@pper and rescuing - quick!
Old 25 April 2008, 02:49 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I find these poll results fairly stunning!

Whilst I clicked on 'vote Tory' I'd do it holding my nose. But the poll is so one-sided and unrepresentative of the population as a whole.

I find frankly astonishing that nearly 20% of people would vote BNP , my conclusions (which has for a long time been my suspicision) that this place is somewhere between 'right wing' and very 'right wing'.

It's a really interesting set of results, and at least I now know where people are coming from when having discussions on political topics.

Martin
Old 25 April 2008, 02:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I find these poll results fairly stunning!

Whilst I clicked on 'vote Tory' I'd do it holding my nose. But the poll is so one-sided and unrepresentative of the population as a whole.

I find frankly astonishing that nearly 20% of people would vote BNP , my conclusions (which has for a long time been my suspicision) that this place is somewhere between 'right wing' and very 'right wing'.

It's a really interesting set of results, and at least I now know where people are coming from when having discussions on political topics.

Martin
not necessarily. if like me the mases on here are sick to death of labours bull**** and devious lying ways, it gives the next lot, sorry government chance for us to hate them instead.

Quick Reply: Ok Wh would you vote for if a general election was called next month?