Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"What's the world coming to....!!"

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2008, 05:41 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "What's the world coming to....!!"

When you can't call someone who works for you a "******* idiot!".... and when said idiot said "excuse me!" I leaned in and said "oh I'm sorry I meant a ******* deaf idiot!"

.... so now I'm apparently in trouble with HR..... and they a REAL bunch of ******* idiots
Old 24 April 2008, 05:45 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
When you can't call someone who works for you a "******* idiot!".... and when said idiot said "excuse me!" I leaned in and said "oh I'm sorry I meant a ******* deaf idiot!"

.... so now I'm apparently in trouble with HR..... and they a REAL bunch of ******* idiots
HR. Or as they're commonly known as Human Remains.
Old 24 April 2008, 05:47 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

One of the old boys that has been working for our company for donkeys years, (part of the furniture and really set in his ways, as people get after 40 years of service), is facing disciplinary proceedings for muttering "for f***s sake under his breath.

New female management graduate been in the job for a matter of months, decides that we are all having new chairs, he has had the same chair, same mug, same everything for years.

She told him that his chair would be removed whether he liked it or not

He walked away muttering the above, she overheard him and has hauled him over the coals for it
Old 24 April 2008, 05:48 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
HR. Or as they're commonly known as Human Remains.

or just useless *****
Old 24 April 2008, 05:52 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by cookstar
One of the old boys that has been working for our company for donkeys years, (part of the furniture and really set in his ways, as people get after 40 years of service), is facing disciplinary proceedings for muttering "for f***s sake under his breath.

New female management graduate been in the job for a matter of months, decides that we are all having new chairs, he has had the same chair, same mug, same everything for years.

He walked away muttering the above, she overheard him and has hauled him over the coals for it
He should remain calm and deal with this in a mature manner, or failing that he should just crap in her draw when she leaves work on Friday evening

Without sound too sexist wimmins make awful workpeople... it's the fact that they think they know best, when in reality they know **** all..... new chairs indeed, she seems like a total feckwit
Old 24 April 2008, 05:53 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

or just useless *****
Or in 'todays time is money' environment just "*****" seems to do
Old 24 April 2008, 05:57 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

If one of my staff said did that to me, I would have challenged the behaviour as well. Whether I would have taken it to HR would depend on what else was going on as well.
Old 24 April 2008, 05:59 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Varboy
If one of my staff said did that to me, I would have challenged the behaviour as well. Whether I would have taken it to HR would depend on what else was going on as well.

Come on mate, its a work environment, (predominantly male) you should expect to hear the occasional swearword. It was not said directly to her.
Old 24 April 2008, 06:06 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

Come on mate, its a work environment, (predominantly male) you should expect to hear the occasional swearword. It was not said directly to her.
True, I don't know the full circumstances.

However, if a comment like that was directed towards me by an employee and it was conveyed in a serious manner, then I would challenge it.

It's true IMO that some women take issues like this way too far and that these same issues wouldn't bother a guy. Women who are like this are often trying to protect their position ie they have to appear tough as they are slightly sensitive to conflict and criticism.
Old 24 April 2008, 06:13 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Seems very petty, the old boy would soon get used to his new chair and may even come to like it. Why take action of a spur of the moment comment that quite frankly I mutter every time one of our management come out with a new idea

Seems a little over sensitive to me, perhaps shes seen too many episodes of "The Apprentice"

YouTube - I am the BOSS Funy song
Old 24 April 2008, 06:17 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

She sounds like a right 'jobsworth' to me. For God's sake, if you can't cope with someone muttering FFS under their breath, what would she be like if something really nasty happened?
Old 24 April 2008, 09:00 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Personnel isn't a real job. They're the only ones that survive redundancies, work 9 til 5 and can chuck loads of sickies without fear or reprisal. A shameless pretend job that should be done away with immediately.

Funniest thing I ever knew with regard to HR was a chap I knew who sexually harrassed our HR manager years ago. He didn't last very long after that. Ungrateful bint, she was hanging and should have been grateful for the attention!

Gordo
Old 24 April 2008, 09:08 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

It really does depend on the environment in which you work.

On a factory shop floor every second word is a swear word and even managment can be sworn at,in the right contexty of course!!

However,if in say an office environment, it probably won't be tolerated nowadays.
Old 24 April 2008, 09:34 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Without sound too sexist wimmins make awful workpeople...
That's terrible Wimmins in the workplace? We should never have to go out to work, bring back the old days I say
Old 24 April 2008, 09:34 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
Personnel isn't a real job. They're the only ones that survive redundancies, work 9 til 5 and can chuck loads of sickies without fear or reprisal. A shameless pretend job that should be done away with immediately.

Funniest thing I ever knew with regard to HR was a chap I knew who sexually harrassed our HR manager years ago. He didn't last very long after that. Ungrateful bint, she was hanging and should have been grateful for the attention!

Gordo
That's a load of bollox, mate. (IMHO)

My missus is an HR Director for a multi £billion company.
She goes to Europe usually once a week for 2-3 days.
She gets up at 4 -5 am in the morning to drive to the Airport to get the first plane to whichever country she's working in, is the first in the office in whichever country she goes to no matter what the weather.
9 - 5? If only.

People who aren't in HR always think it's about firing workers or doing disaplinary (sp) well it isn't (not all the time)

She has re-structered the company in little over a year with no redundancies and actually hiring staff, and has saved the company even more money by dragging it into the 21st Century.

Ok, she gets paid handsomely for it but last night she didn't get home untill 12:30am from Berlin and was back in the UK office (first there!) at 8am.

Means I only have to work 4 days a week, anyway
Old 24 April 2008, 09:37 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Tell them it's a lie and that the person in question has been bullying you for months.

That'll get them well and truely tied in knots.
Old 24 April 2008, 09:37 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They turned the radio of at work a few weeks ago due to health and safety reasons
Old 24 April 2008, 09:45 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
They turned the radio of at work a few weeks ago due to health and safety reasons
Or because perhaps they actually need a 'Performing Rights' licence if the radio is listened to by more than 1 person, or the general public.
Old 24 April 2008, 10:21 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I can just see the take on this if the chair isn't replaced and why he's annoyed. Good old modern Britain had built him up for an RSI to the **** claim for using the same chair for years and this b1tch came along and wrecked that.
Old 24 April 2008, 11:27 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Join the gang..

I was talking to a team leader today, his numpty of a team member kept interrupting our conversation as it related to something he was involved in (basically this chap and his whole team were incompetent and I went over to tell them likewise).

I turned around to the ******** and said I was talking to his TL who would then breif anyone that needs to be informed, the conversation did not concern him so stop interrupting us.

This went on for ages until I lost my rag and told him to **** off... I should have gone in a meeting room but what followed was a joke. I get a warning for having a go at the gimp however when I wanted to file a complaint against said gimp nothing happened.

I went to the CEO and sulked for ages, he agreed I was right but nothing happened, I am still getting a warning.. idiots!
Old 24 April 2008, 11:56 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Hope they don't actually have a hearing problem! If they do, and you work for the same sort of company my sister used to work for, thats grounds for instant dismissal for gross misconduct apparently.
Old 25 April 2008, 06:53 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Always treat people with respect ..........

9 to go