Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Benefits…… are we the softest touch in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2008, 03:07 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefits…… are we the softest touch in Europe?

I found this post on the Internet today….. it really made my blood boil.

“hi i m an italian girl that is gonna be a mother in few months, the father is an polish guy and we are gonna go to live in england. we are not married but we are a couple, as we are young we would need some help from the uk government, for example the housing benefit and child benefit. am i entitled to receive benefits if the baby has the father s name/!
thanks a lot!”

Yet if you're actually English(doesn't matter what colour) you can't get any benefits.

I'm sure if there was a benefits comparison website we would be at the top of the best value league.
Old 31 March 2008, 03:10 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

But she may be a looker....

I said LOOKER
Old 31 March 2008, 04:43 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"Yet if you're actually English(doesn't matter what colour) you can't get any benefits."

Are you sure about that?

It emerged last week that benefits now cost the country Ł235bn, more than even the NHS costs to run. I know we have a lot of immigrants, but not that many!
Old 31 March 2008, 04:56 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

http://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn13.pdf

2006/2007 has it at Ł147Million - of which the majority is spent on pensions
Old 31 March 2008, 04:58 PM
Rex93
Scooby Regular

I am at present trying to apply for benefit from an industrial injury, you wouldn't believe the forms, letters, pictures, statements, proof that they want.

You think all the deductions from your wages actualy goes to cover you for when you need it but try getting it back.

Think the next form I have to fill in, I will say I am in an minority group and probably end up with a new house, car and more money a week than when I was able to work!!!!!!!
Old 31 March 2008, 05:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Rex93
I am at present trying to apply for benefit from an industrial injury, you wouldn't believe the forms, letters, pictures, statements, proof that they want.

You think all the deductions from your wages actualy goes to cover you for when you need it but try getting it back.

Think the next form I have to fill in, I will say I am in an minority group and probably end up with a new house, car and more money a week than when I was able to work!!!!!!!
I tried to claim for unemployment some time ago, sat in the local benefits offices, i was one of the few claimants speaking english, really - i was.

after paying in consistently 1980 to 2003 i was told that because i was self employed for a time (36 months) that i am not entitled to job seekers allowance and neither did i show up as unemployed because of this.

I was there a while as i asked to see supervisors/managers. What i noticed whislt waiting was the 'foreigners' walked out - having registered for NI, with packs which explained all of their entitlelements which thay had registerd for. I know waht was said as in some cased translators where told the info in english then translated into another language - and what a good use of tax payers money that is!

Me - nothing, i got nothing. All i could claim for was travel to interviews. I took it to my MP who was disgusted with the situation but unable to do anything.

So, after 23 years of continuous paying into the system i was not entitled to any help.
PB and other can say what they like, having seen the system in action for myself i can vouch for it being unfair even biased.

I then left to work in Dubai for a year.

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 March 2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 31 March 2008, 05:52 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'softest touch in Europe'

I would go far as saying we are the joke of europe

Myself & my mate were in Citizen Advice a weeks ago, we were the only english speaking people waiting out of 17. The rest were polish asking about benefits. I really wish they would **** off back to there own country

Last edited by slipstream_uk; 31 March 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 31 March 2008, 06:06 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Free money for doing nothing, its no wonder, now I dont think you should have to be born here to get anything but it should be a bit more difficult than turning up and looking a bit pathetic.

Trouble is the government love it, give the indigenous populations money away to anyone who pitches up at the dock in a container or slung to the bottom of a train if they dare to have done well.

Fair play to anyone who comes over and contributes, there are a lot of fairly rubbish jobs being done by Eastern Europeans, I dont mind if they get a top up to make it up as otherwise a lot of the jobs would go unfilled as the Brits are to busy on the Incapacity benefits or dole waiting for the 50k a year executive position that requires no training, aptitude, brains or effort.
Old 31 March 2008, 09:15 PM
Lisawrx

Simple answer is to get rid of the benefit system as it is. I'm not saying altogether, but change it dramatically from how it is now. Money can be saved, and we can move on from blaming either immigrants or indigenous people from sponging off the tax payers.
Old 31 March 2008, 10:40 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Simple answer is to get rid of the benefit system as it is. I'm not saying altogether, but change it dramatically from how it is now. Money can be saved, and we can move on from blaming either immigrants or indigenous people from sponging off the tax payers.
Oh yeah.

Damn, why didn't ayone else think of that?
Old 31 March 2008, 11:21 PM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Oh yeah.

Damn, why didn't ayone else think of that?
I'm not saying nobody else had that thought, just voiced a very simple opinion. You've had a go at me before, what is your problem?

Rather than rambling on for ages, I've put across a simplistic view. It seems you want to have a go at me, for whatever reason, but as last time you did this you added nothing to the thread, but to have a pop at someone.
Old 31 March 2008, 11:28 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

My brother went to the job centre today after being made redundant. He overheard an English person in there asking one of the staff how to spell 'Thursday'.

Have a maximum number of years for claiming benefit per person, say 5 years, and you only qualify after working for at least five years. Job done. Oh, and a proper review of sickness benefit as well.
Old 31 March 2008, 11:30 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

When i'm prime minister the benefit system will be abolished.

No job = no money

**** em
Old 01 April 2008, 10:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Benefits and lots of non jobs mean more votes for them!!!

Les
Old 01 April 2008, 11:11 AM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

I then left to work in Dubai for a year.
thats what am planning to do!!! How's it there???
Old 01 April 2008, 11:22 AM
Underworld
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveScooby

No job = no money

**** em
Ill vote for ya!!!!!!!!!

r u also gna take off VAT on scoobs ???
Old 01 April 2008, 11:23 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveScooby

No job = no money

Thankfully, you are never going to become Prime Minister
Old 01 April 2008, 11:28 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Thankfully, you are never going to become Prime Minister
I echo that statement.
Old 01 April 2008, 11:28 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Strange how nobody seems interested in our homegrown lazy (good for nothing) resident population of Brits that sit on their fat ***** in the UK doing the square route of **** all..... and bleeding us dry in the process (as they have been doing for decades)!

But a 'few' immigrants come in to the country and we get thread after thread about them!!
Old 01 April 2008, 12:06 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
http://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn13.pdf

2006/2007 has it at Ł147Million - of which the majority is spent on pensions
I think you mean Ł147 Billion Pete.

Ł147m wouldn't even cover council tax spenditure, never mind all other benefits
Old 01 April 2008, 12:12 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mitchy260
I think you mean Ł147 Billion Pete.

Ł147m wouldn't even cover council tax spenditure, never mind all other benefits
Oops - You're right of course.
Old 01 April 2008, 12:14 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I think I was right with Ł235bn!
Old 01 April 2008, 12:21 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Here you go...

National Balance | Budget 2008

We raise Ł158 bn through income tax only to spend Ł161bn on benefits.

That is an extraordinary figure.

I dont mind people getting a little help when they're in need but the benfeit system is a free for all and often a career path for the scum of the earth.

It's not the scrounging europeans that are the problem, it't the scrounging Brits. I would rather have Polish workers over here contributing than layabout bone idle scrounging Brits.

Benefit system in Britain is a farce, there are 70,000 families receiving in excess of Ł30,000pa in benefits. To earn the equivelant you would need to have a Ł42000 salary just for the exact same comparison to these spongers.

No wonder the benefit system is seen as a career path.

The whole system makes my blood boil. The poor get everything, the rich get away with paying taxes through loopholes and its the middle earning hard workers that get shafted every time
Old 01 April 2008, 12:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Its not the education system , its there and it works for so many, my school wasnt all that great but I managed six o levels, so many seem to rejoice at being dim in this country, dim, lazy, slothful, aggressive, self pitying, feckless, greedy, crimnal etc, if you turn up at school and WORK, not bunk off to get 14 year olds pregnant you will get a basic education, a bit more effort and guess what some qualifications, really try and you might get a degreee but no its easier to wait for the handouts, its not cool to be seen to do well at school. This is part of the reason my kids are at prvate school, its all pretty much the same but with out the self destructive element, the kids want to learn and to be honest they get no option. I really feel for teachers in bad schools, so much knowledge to impart, so much to give if only the lazy, stupid little b4stards and their sh1tty parents would take an interest.

Its funny how the clueless that cant spell Thursday can fill a benefits form in, operate a mobile phone, sky telly, games console, sync up a dodgy cable box, pirate DVD's, claim compensation, turn the Police in knots, rob cars etc

Too easy to do nothing, I know people who make the calculation between their jobs and benefits, lose a few quid and go on benefits and guess what, no need to get up and traipse into a place of work, that choice shouldnt be there, it should be for those who have lost their job through no fault of there own, but why bother, there is no concept of getting out what you put in, you can get hidden by the system and do nothing safe in the knowledge the evil rich people will pay for you, f*ck em, the only way of knowing the balance of what is put into society versus what is taken out are the benefits figures.

There should be more stigma for those able to work claiming benefits, I suspect the Polish have more of a work ethic but then they might cotton on to the welfare state as well eventually, previous groups have taken to it quite well.

Too many people, not enough contributing, too many taking, it will never add up, unless there is a massive shake up, or a cull

Last edited by J4CKO; 01 April 2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01 April 2008, 12:41 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Indeed . My zim gfriend suggests the poles are hard working until they can claim (6 months /2 years ) ..!? - ive no doubt they are partly influenced by what your indigenous sponger can get away with..
Old 01 April 2008, 01:03 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
That's the edcushun system - another thread me thinks ......

They have the first in the US now I believe. There should be a sliding scale, say up to 5 years.
As for 'working for 5' before benefits, the way they do it now is to count your last 2 years. So, if you had worked for 25, had a year off to travek the world, then back to work for a year before getting made redundant, the year off counts towards your benefits (i.e. negatively as you paid no NI etc) but the previous 25 does not! Absolutely barking system ....

Dave
trus, but you can opt to keep paying NI, as you can when self-employed, on maternity etc, that way you don't loose anything (including pension), and it's only a couple of quid a week

immigrants also can't claim the benefits which require NI payments ASAIK, which include Job Seekers.

It sounds like the government can't do much about immigration from the EU now TBH, but the benefits system needs a good re-hash.

Last edited by pwhittle; 01 April 2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01 April 2008, 03:01 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk
'softest touch in Europe'

I would go far as saying we are the joke of europe
Nope, that accolade is already reserved for Dutch left-wing politicians -

Dutch declare amnesty for 30,000 - Times Online
Old 01 April 2008, 06:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Suresh
Nope, that accolade is already reserved for Dutch left-wing politicians -

Dutch declare amnesty for 30,000 - Times Online
It all sends out a very clear message to the illegals, Lib Dems feel similar in the UK and have mentioned this a few times - bad news, very poor policy
Old 01 April 2008, 09:17 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
It all sends out a very clear message to the illegals, Lib Dems feel similar in the UK and have mentioned this a few times - bad news, very poor policy
You're not kidding Paul - 600 chinese turned up in Limburg (the South) last weekend alone as they heard of an amnesty. They're currently being entertained in a holiday park. Says it all really!