Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Credit Card Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2008, 11:29 AM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit Card Fraud

Just had a call to say that some scumbag has done me for 2k.

Well nearly, the company that it happened with caught it out, so they have cancelled the order just meant i had to cancel my cards & on a bank holiday weekend as well
Old 22 March 2008, 11:54 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

At least the bank clocked it. I noticed a transaction on my account a couple of years back that I didn't do, and get it refunded straight away - but still a little concerning as I rarely have time to check my statements!

Apparently CC fraud has risen sharply recently, so people really should check statements!

I also got charged twice for a tank of fuel a couple of years back - again lucky I noticed! Took the recept back to Shell to get a refund, checked statement and they managed to charge me AGAIN! Got the double refund and a bottle of wine off them in the end, but really goes to show that people should check statements!
Old 23 March 2008, 12:04 AM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

I had £13,500 nicked when someone intercepted my new card, jacked up the credit limit and then drew £1000 cash from the bank counter every day plus £500 at the cash point!

Bank cleared the debt without a murmur.
Old 23 March 2008, 12:20 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I had some scummy ******, who served in a local petrol station, use my credit card details for to set up an online subscription ..to Penthouse Magazine...!! They must have thought I was some lesbian loner

I never used to checkmy CC statements... until I noticed the monthly amount being taken...took me forever to sort it out
Old 23 March 2008, 12:24 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by little-ginge
I had some scummy ******, who served in a local petrol station, use my credit card details for to set up an online subscription ..to Penthouse Magazine...!! They must have thought I was some lesbian loner

I never used to checkmy CC statements... until I noticed the monthly amount being taken...took me forever to sort it out
Your bf buy that excuse did he
Old 23 March 2008, 01:56 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

we had our bank account raped last year .from people in croatia they skimmed our card here and withdrew £300 everyday but it didnt show up straight away we got a letter a week later asking us if we was using our card abroad even though we was using it here .
we got it all back after a couple of weeks
Old 23 March 2008, 07:51 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zs_phil
we had our bank account raped last year .from people in croatia they skimmed our card here and withdrew £300 everyday but it didnt show up straight away we got a letter a week later asking us if we was using our card abroad even though we was using it here .
we got it all back after a couple of weeks
In Gran canaria I was silly enough to use my credit card, they swiped my card 3 times for the same transaction