Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

imigrant sponger? come on in. fought for this country? pack your bags.

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2008, 08:05 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default imigrant sponger? come on in. fought for this country? pack your bags.

now i might have missed something vital here but why are gurkhas being told to clear off while we open the floodgates to over 100,000 spongers from all over europe?

apparently brown doesn't want the possibility of 45,000 nepal migrants entering the country sounds like a drop in the ocean to the amount he's already let in.

like i say, i've only caught the end of this report so maybe there is some super reason for it, but just seems really wrong to me??
surely you've got more rights having risked your life for this country over someone jumping off the back of a lorry with your hands out?
or is it me?
Old 19 March 2008, 08:20 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was reading an article in the paper earlier this week about A British Soldier whose wife was being deported.

He was posted to Canada, met his wife while he was out there. He was then posted to Germany and subsequently back to the UK. They have kids and he is due to go out to Iraq, but the British government wants to deport her because her application for a visa on the grounds of being married to someone was submitted in BRITAIN and not abroad.

Whereas if you claim asylum or come in from the EU you will be given English lessons so that you can correctly fill in your benefits forms. In my opinion, if you want to live somewhere you make the effort to at least learn the language and don't expect as another benefit that you can sponge of some hard-working tax payers
Old 19 March 2008, 08:24 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I had a chat with a lad last month he is in the army and told me the gurkhs were going to give up medals to the british govement as they have been treated them like scum

btw they are the hardest military fekkers around

Last edited by Jamie; 19 March 2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: spaz mode was on
Old 19 March 2008, 08:34 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

If anyone should be allowed to stay it should be people like the gurka's, but on the other hand I don't think serving as a gurka includes giving them to right to settle here.

Something like 50 Nepalese try for every gurka position available - probably attracted by what must seem like an amazing salary by their standards.

Does seem crazy that the UK has become a terrorist breading ground and these people are turned away however.
Old 19 March 2008, 08:37 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
I had a chat with a lad last month he is in the army and told me the gurkhas were going to give up medals to the british govement as they have been treated them like scum
yeah, that was in this report. the lib dem leader was involved and took a medal into the house of commons and asked brown what was going on, usual gordo brush off though!

like you say, tough as boots the gurkhas and fearless. they deserve better!
Old 19 March 2008, 08:47 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

This is a national disgrace. These guys have put their lives on the line for OUR country and this is the thanks they get. Sadly the only way you get anything out of the Gordon and his chums is by scrounging, lying or making a 'donation'. Decent, honest people like the Gurkhas stand little chance.

I've added my name to this if its worth anything:

Petition to: give all Ex Gurkha soldiers and their families who have served our country British citizenship on leaving the service.
Old 19 March 2008, 08:50 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
I had a chat with a lad last month he is in the army and told me the gurkhs were going to give up medals to the british govement as they have been treated them like scum

btw they are the hardest military fekkers around
I have heard a lot about the horrendous way that the British Govt has treated them, it is appalling.
Old 19 March 2008, 09:51 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
now i might have missed something vital here but why are gurkhas being told to clear off while we open the floodgates to over 100,000 spongers from all over europe?

apparently brown doesn't want the possibility of 45,000 nepal migrants entering the country sounds like a drop in the ocean to the amount he's already let in.

like i say, i've only caught the end of this report so maybe there is some super reason for it, but just seems really wrong to me??
surely you've got more rights having risked your life for this country over someone jumping off the back of a lorry with your hands out?
or is it me?
I think it's a bloody disgrace the way these brave men have been treated.

I don't know why you needed to refer to immigrants as spongers though?
Old 19 March 2008, 10:00 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I think it's a bloody disgrace the way these brave men have been treated.

because they are fecking spongers that is probably why!

white british working man puts in to system,should he lose job what does gov give him? thats right jack ****.

eastern european immigrants on the other hand nothing in to system but given house dole money etc i have read sometimes in excess of £20k earnings from benefits.absolute joke in my opinion.
Old 19 March 2008, 10:03 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Its always been the case that Gurkha's haven't automatically earned the right to stay once their service has ended.

The worst thing is that their families back in Nepal are constantly threatened and blackmailed by Maoists, who demand that the Gurkhas train them when they return to Nepal on leave. To anyone else, that would be good enough reason as grounds to claim asylum as it was.

Also, don't forget the many Zimbabweans in the British Military - all of whom are not given automatic right to stay; and many of whom haven't returned home in years because if their connection to the British military is discovered they get arrested, beaten, and interrogated by the scum that is Magabes Zanu-PF.

Why we don't have a system like the Americans, where residential forign nationals can serve in selected trades in the Military, in return having their application "fast tracked" is beyond me. We are desperate for interpreters, and to me it seems like a very fast, very cheap and very appropriate way for both parties (the UK, and the individual) to get something they want.
Old 19 March 2008, 10:05 PM
spireite
BANNED

think we should deport flash back to scotland the scum bistard
Old 19 March 2008, 10:12 PM
andyno4
Scooby Regular

we pay enuff tax on cigs, beer, petrol, car tax etc, surely there is enough in the pot for the gurkas too.... sorry, i'm wrong.. all the spongers from the rest of europe have bled us dry... sorry guys, even tho you nearly died for our victory in 2 world wars, there aint no money over here for you

mr golden brown, and mr darling.. may i suggest you two deport your selves, then there will be enough money in the pot for the men who have done 100 times more than you have for this country.
Old 19 March 2008, 10:22 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyroper

white british working man puts in to system,should he lose job what does gov give him? thats right jack ****.

eastern european immigrants on the other hand nothing in to system but given house dole money etc i have read sometimes in excess of £20k earnings from benefits.absolute joke in my opinion.
Where do you get your news from?
Old 19 March 2008, 11:01 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
If anyone should be allowed to stay it should be people like the gurka's, but on the other hand I don't think serving as a gurka includes giving them to right to settle here.

Something like 50 Nepalese try for every gurka position available - probably attracted by what must seem like an amazing salary by their standards.

Does seem crazy that the UK has become a terrorist breading ground and these people are turned away however.
If there was one regiment that i would want watching my back, it would be the Ghurka's. Why do you think "he" got posted to that regiment.

put it this way, if your prepared to lay down your life without question to your country, that should, no must, mean an automatic ticket in.

FFS we invite every scroungin TDH from the EU without question, yet treat these people with contempt.

Its almost as bad as the way the aussies, treated the Aboriginies

Mart
Old 20 March 2008, 07:32 AM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005

i wasn't meaning all imigrants are spongers, i was refering to the ones that have come over purely to milk the system.

there's plenty who have done their stint, paid tax and done a bloody good job and have gone home with a good bank balance. and fair play.
Old 20 March 2008, 08:22 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What has the cause of the Nepalese soldiers got to do with "spongers".
Most of the spongers I know are white and born in this country.
Maybe we need to look at the Social Welfare system.
How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not going to work for minimum wage"?
Like getting the dole of my back is some kind of f*cking birth right for the British?
Old 20 March 2008, 09:36 AM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

As i have said before on this subject you have been given precisely one set of badly manipulated reasoning on the Gurkha issue. For some reason the MOD and Govt don't seem to be any good at telling their side.

I have been dealing with this issue over the last 2 years and can assure you that the system is fair and just, the Gurkhas are not discriminated against. Unfortunately the UK press see the emotive links that the public have with the Gurkhas and report the 'facts' as presented by the welfare groups.

The UK Govt case has already been upheld by one Judicial review and i see no reason that one will be lost in the future.

Prasius - you are almost correct about the maoist training but remember that the gurkhas and maoists are one and the same people, come from the same villages so there is not always a need for blackmail !! There is currenly more blackmail going on by the Gurkha groups for support than the maoist have ever caused. Gurkha welfare has never really been affected by the insurgency as the maoist supporters have also benefited from the welfare provided to ex-gurkhas. There have been occasions of 'donations' being secured however.
Old 20 March 2008, 09:42 AM
Paddi70
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
What has the cause of the Nepalese soldiers got to do with "spongers".
Most of the spongers I know are white and born in this country.
Maybe we need to look at the Social Welfare system.
How many times have you heard someone say "I'm not going to work for minimum wage"?
Like getting the dole of my back is some kind of f*cking birth right for the British?
Its a horrid think to say about the British, but it's so true. There are more cahvvy white trash around my area than anything else and I agree it is the Social Welfare System that is at fault.
Fans or not of this government, but the sooner they start to action stiffer plans to get the unemployed back to work the better.
The more so called spongers the more the rest of us will have to pay in the end to fund them.

As to the Gurkha issue, they should be offered more than what they are, although it is getting better for them, but far the best that we can and should be doing for our soldiers, Gurkha's or not.
What does really annoy me is the difference between us and the US, their soldiers are treated with respect in all things, we we get cases where we have to change at an airport as not to offend anyone, or some individual will not serve you at petrol pump as was the case in Colchester, a sad state of affairs we have.

But as long as we, the Great British Public, allow our sponger neighbours, youth, foreign nationalist who work on the tills and think they are in a position of power, and government away with things that we think are not quite right, by either not speaking out, or ignoring what is happening right in front of you, then we are also at fault.

Be brave, as you expect our soldiers to be, and stand up for what you believe in, its easy to type boll***ks on forums, but to ask and then tell chavvy sh*t bag next door to do something productive can be another matter.

And remember, you also have the right to vote, so use it.

Rant over, flame suit on

Last edited by Paddi70; 20 March 2008 at 09:43 AM. Reason: my spelling is wa*k
Old 20 March 2008, 09:45 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Why the need to distinguish from black/asian British working men?

Last edited by PeteBrant; 20 March 2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 20 March 2008, 09:50 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

There was a gurkha on the news yesterday morning talking about this. He said the total number of soldiers they are talking about here is less than 1000 ( anyone want to guess how many Czechs and Eastern Europeans are currently being supported by our benefits system ??? ).

This guy had spent something like 30 years in the British Army, and was being told he had to leave.

I think its disgusting - the gurkhas have a long tradition of fighting for our country, and I think that this should give them some rights ( moral ones at the very least from our government ) to stay here if they want once they leave the forces.

By all accounts, they are some of the proudest people around, and if they were to stay in the UK it wouldnt be to go on the dole and scrounge off anyone.
Old 20 March 2008, 09:58 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
By all accounts, they are some of the proudest people around, and if they were to stay in the UK it wouldnt be to go on the dole and scrounge off anyone.
Whereas people from other countries would?

You can't have one rule for one set of non-EU nationals and another rule for the other set.

You can't have "good" immigrants and "bad" immigrants. It's almost as ridiculous as "good" and "bad" aids.

Remember this woman?

BBC NEWS | Wales | Removed Ghanaian dies of cancer

Sent home to die, literally. With the mass blessing of Scoobynet. She was one of the "bad" ones.

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
anyone want to guess how many Czechs and Eastern Europeans are currently being supported by our benefits system
I'm guessing very few - but it is a guess.

I agree that the gurkhas should stay, but then I thought the woman dying of cancer should have stayed.
Old 20 March 2008, 10:46 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hoskib
Spongers? Think you need to open your eyes, you'll find most of the immigrants who come here work harder than the majority of the whole British community.

Not even going to justify my reasons to you with a post like that but you sir are just a **** of the highest order.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:29 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amahrap
As i have said before on this subject you have been given precisely one set of badly manipulated reasoning on the Gurkha issue. For some reason the MOD and Govt don't seem to be any good at telling their side.

I have been dealing with this issue over the last 2 years and can assure you that the system is fair and just, the Gurkhas are not discriminated against. Unfortunately the UK press see the emotive links that the public have with the Gurkhas and report the 'facts' as presented by the welfare groups.

The UK Govt case has already been upheld by one Judicial review and i see no reason that one will be lost in the future.

Prasius - you are almost correct about the maoist training but remember that the gurkhas and maoists are one and the same people, come from the same villages so there is not always a need for blackmail !! There is currenly more blackmail going on by the Gurkha groups for support than the maoist have ever caused. Gurkha welfare has never really been affected by the insurgency as the maoist supporters have also benefited from the welfare provided to ex-gurkhas. There have been occasions of 'donations' being secured however.
This really isn't a personal attack at you, but I think thats a bunch of crap.

Given that "you have been dealing with the issue", talk about " 'facts' as presented by the welfare groups", and claim that the MOD & Government position is right and proper I will make an assumption that you are a civil servant. Feel free to defend the legal position of the government, as I guess thats what your paid for and it doesn't look good for you to disagree.

I, on the other hand, would like to see morally correct treatment of my extended colleagues. You may of course wish to claim that I have been lied to on numerous occasions both during personal and professional discussions with Gurkha soldiers, feel free, but given the choice between a Gurkha and a civil servant.. I know which one I'll tend to believe.

(The way I've been going the last few days I'm going to have to start reading the Independent.. )
Old 20 March 2008, 11:31 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
You can't have one rule for one set of non-EU nationals and another rule for the other set.
These are NOT "non-EU nationals" - they are British Soldiers, and as such, have sacrificed more for this country than many supposedly proud British people have.

They have served this country. If that doesn't earn you citizenship; nothing should.

Last edited by Prasius; 20 March 2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:34 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
These are NOT "non-EU nationals"

Yes, they are.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:37 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius

They have served this country. If that doesn't earn you citizenship; nothing should.
So what you are saying is that if you are forgeign national, and served the country, you should get speacial treamtent. Which is fine. It is as good a reason as any to fast track someones application for citizenship.

But where do you draw the line? Do you apply the same thinking to Doctors/Nurses/other publiuc services etc?
Old 20 March 2008, 11:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Given a choice or if it is priorities i would put the Ghurkas before any of the EU nationals and yes, you can have two sets of rules.

These guys joined the British army to fight alongside British troops whenever they where required to. They train all their lives and give up a huge part of it to the British army to Queen and country - defend us and our rights and freedoms. I do not care if they served before the cut off point. The point is they served, they earned their right to come to the UK and become citizens -if they want to.

The French for example
Do your five years in the Foreign Leigion and at the end you get a French passport, has always been that way and as it should be.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:49 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

They are our rules - we can do what the hell we like with them.

What the Government is saying is -

Serve in the Military and get told to **** off back were you came from when we're finished with you.

BUT

Do a poxy quiz and swear an oath and come on in!!

Thats messed up.

Last edited by Prasius; 20 March 2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:51 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

How many Polish flew the Spitfires and Hurricanes in WW2? Does that make them British and rights to come here and claim British Citizenship (OK, they get to come here regardless but you get my point)
Old 20 March 2008, 11:53 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
How many Polish flew the Spitfires and Hurricanes in WW2? Does that make them British and rights to come here and claim British Citizenship (OK, they get to come here regardless but you get my point)
Precisely.

The trouble is with making special rules for one set of people is that you then get all sorts of equally valid claims from lots of other groups.

Quick Reply: imigrant sponger? come on in. fought for this country? pack your bags.