Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

the countries most popular yet worst delivery service

Search this Thread

Old 18 March 2008, 07:59 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the countries most popular yet worst delivery service

Damn, i ordered some parts of scoobyworld without realising they use city-link as couriers, i usually will not deal with any company that solely uses this excuse for a delivery company, todays excuse for non delivery was
me: "i havent received my expected parcel, internet shows it was loaded onto van this morning"
service advisor: "can i confirm your contact number, is it 01443 48****"
me: "no, that is incorrect, it is one digit out"
service advisor" Ahhh, thats probably what happened, the driver couldn't find the address, and tried unsuccesfully to phone"
me: "the address is very easy to find, i have no problems with other companies"
service advisor: "umm yes. we can deliver tomorrow"
me: "no good, and besides, someone was in all day today, your driver couldn't find it, so how is he going to find it on a re-delivery?"
service advisor: "we have your correct number now, so it shouldn't be a problem"

in the last 2 years, they have managed to get my phone number one digit out 3 times, weird that............some incredible citylink stories here Rant: Initial City Link (London South branch) | Coofer Cat's Weblog

edit: title should be country's most popular....not countries most popular.......doesn't bother me, but there are some grammar teachers reading now and again

Last edited by gallois; 18 March 2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 18 March 2008, 09:06 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Weird that, City Link have been the best we've had here so far. We weren't in last time he came so he used his head and left the parcel with a neighbour, lovely!

DHL couldn't find our house so we went to the depot, then they couldn't find the parcel, in their own depot. They tried to deliver it again and again couldn't find our house so we had to go to the depot again.

Amtrak are the biggest pile of poop I've EVER had to deal with! They failed to deliver a parcel twice so I had to go to the depot, an hour away...30 mins further away than the shop's distribution centre that we ordered from! The guy refused to handover my parcel despite seeing the failed delivery slips, my driving license, credit cards and letters to me that I happened to have in the car! I've never been so close to hitting someone without actually doing it! I was sent from their premises being accused of attempted theft and assault! Little did they know that Sal was in the car...we left with parcel
Old 18 March 2008, 09:13 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I've had nothing but problems with Citylink.... but the thing that REALLY pissed me off about them is that they lied to me. If they turned around and said - "frankly, we couldn't be arsed" at least I could accept that; trying to blag me with some BS story doesn't impress me much.

Their parcel tracking system was a bag of crap the last time I used it as well.... at several points it appeared as if David Tennant was an employee of theirs and using the Tardis as a delivery van.
Old 19 March 2008, 08:30 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

44 mile round trip to the nearest depot for me so when they post the pre written card straight through without even attempting delivery, it's a bit of PITA and costs about a gallon and a half of petrol.

I too avoid companies that use them.
Old 19 March 2008, 08:59 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Citylink or ****ty link as more commonly known have their issues (one of the SN guys on here works for them....cmon micky dont be shy ) but the worst out of all the useless shower of ****s has to be TNT

I bet they couldnt find their own way home, let alone deliver goods on time, in one piece and to the correct address.
Old 19 March 2008, 09:05 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

wont use anyone who uses City Link as their courier.

like has been said everyone else can find us but CL have major problems. and despite leaving them a phone number they never call, or the number never made it to the driver !

also they dont have many vans with sat nav - and this for a drive who was also supposedly newish to our route.

and their customer service is no better even speaking to the central mob not the local depot who cannot find the parcel which their tracking system shows as having arrived and been loaded on a van !

the company i spoke to who used CL told me they had had a lot of complaints from customers about CL being their choice of delivery company....
Old 19 March 2008, 09:07 AM
monkeysan
Scooby Regular

whenever i see micky driving his citylink van, he is too busy waving or having a crafty tab hanging out of the window to care where peoples houses are
Old 19 March 2008, 09:07 AM
scarey
Scooby Regular

Reading Freight Services!!!

everytime they come to us to collect the conversation goes along the lines of....

Driver: I'm here for a collection
Me: what are you collecting?
Driver: Dunno
Me: who are you collecting on behalf of?
Driver: Dunno
Me: where are you taking it?
Driver: Dunno just back to the depot

they're a logistics company it's all they do! How difficult can it be??!!
Old 19 March 2008, 09:12 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by monkeysan
whenever i see micky driving his citylink van, he is too busy waving or having a crafty tab hanging out of the window to care where peoples houses are
that sound about right
Old 19 March 2008, 09:26 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

In my experience it seems to be down to the individual drivers more than the company. Our old city link driver was great, he had even dropped parcels off at 7pm on his way home rather than make us go and collect them. Only time we have had problems is when the regular driver has been off and they get someone else on the round.
Old 19 March 2008, 11:11 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

isnt citylink a franchise? (I know it used to be) therefore you will get good depots and bad depots. Never had a problem with them personally, like I have never had a problem with DHL (I work for them on contract logistics), TNT though used to be a pain in the ***, the amount of damages that occured if we sent something with them was unreal, expensive as well.

Dont know about Fedex, however we used to also use ANC (now owned by fedex) and they were crap as well
Old 19 March 2008, 11:16 AM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Citylink and TNT around here have been useless...

Both have failed deliveries and not left cards... When i eventually get a tracking number they are the same. have a wrong number etc...
Old 19 March 2008, 11:45 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Have to agree, its ALWAYS "can't find address" OR "nobody in" - It's an office, signed, and open from 8:00:am to 6:00pm (and often 7:00pm due to work-load). So if its the latter, my first words are Bulls**t someone is ALWAYS in. Because of that, we never get a "you weren't in" card.

Truth is the driver was probably late on his shift and couldn't be arsed to deliver it - that's the real excuse!

Had these issues with both Parcel-line and City link. Typically, with them its aways the large, high value and more urgent orders that get held up. Whilst uneeded light low value stuff (such as office consumables) they seem fine with

These days we put exact directions, even listing the (bigger) company next door as "next to". So absolutely no excuse. Granted, sometimes the address gets messed up, but most of the time its totally correct. If the address is foobared (missing details lines etc) other couriers will often phone, or use yell/multimap to locate the location (well, DHL do). So it may get delayed a day or two, but thats acceptable. With citylink and parcelline, it just disappears for a week or longer if I don't phone to try and find out where the parcel is.

"Next day" to them seems to be next week.

Funnily they came up crops last wednesday: I had to order some stuff, and had no choice but to use them (automated on-line ordering), so chose the cheapest option, knowing next day would be a waste of money......low and behold, turned up first thing the very next morning. So by that logic "next day" means next week and "3-4 day" means next day

Given the choice, I use DHL or UPS.
Old 19 March 2008, 11:51 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think a lot of the problem is that the delivery driver are so overloaded by the company that they just run out of time while they are trying to complete the daily task. If there is a hiccup with an address then it is understandable that it all falls apart. I have had the same trouble with City Link but the driver in this case was doing his best but the company let him down.

Les
Old 19 March 2008, 12:08 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

When did CityLink overtake the Royal Mail as the most popular delivery service?
Old 19 March 2008, 12:26 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

glad that I found out scoobyworld use that courier, now I know to not order from them
Old 19 March 2008, 12:40 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
When did CityLink overtake the Royal Mail as the most popular delivery service?
last thursday.
Old 19 March 2008, 12:53 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

My next day ( maybe! ) delivery on December 27th arrived six days later in jolly jock land... hardly a trip around the globe is it !

S**tylink !

DunxC

P.S. We are all doomed if they read this thread ! LOL
Old 19 March 2008, 12:53 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
last thursday.
I must read the papers more often
Old 19 March 2008, 01:14 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
P.S. We are all doomed if they read this thread ! LOL
I'm not sure I'd notice a worsening of their service even if they did it on purpose.
Old 19 March 2008, 01:20 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bish667
glad that I found out scoobyworld use that courier, now I know to not order from them
I think that is a bit harsh as scoobyworld do a great job, its not their fault they have a pap courier company.
Old 19 March 2008, 01:50 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
I think that is a bit harsh as scoobyworld do a great job, its not their fault they have a pap courier company.
sorry that might be a bit harsh, not doubting that scoobyworld are a good company, but up north city link dont deliver and they pass it on to AJG parcels who have the same delivery problems as city link. I then have to spend my lunch time meeting up with them at their depot to get the parcel, and that was also back a few years ago when my lunch time used to be at an appropriate time luckily. Not had to get parcels from them in a few years. Prefer the royal mail as I can just go pick it up when its convenient for me.

Only problem I have is trying to get live food delivered as Royal Mail say they aren't able to leave it at my door(live at top floor of a flat so no-one can steal it and if they did its only £3 for the whole package) so if i have to pick it up the next day or after the weekend then the food will be half dead.
Old 19 March 2008, 03:12 PM
al4x1
Scooby Regular

****ty link can be pretty awful, we send a lot of items and only use them for certain third party collections, the usual excuse of can't find it or no one in is usually bull and they were simply too busy. What you find is when they're relatively quiet the service is ok when it gets busy though they fall over and fail a hell of a lot. Phone numbers might as well not be on items as they never call the number. Best of the lot IMHO is APC we spend about 80K a year with them and the problems are negligible and if we get a problem we can talk to a human being. ****ty link if it goes off their tracking all they want to do is put you through to their Insurance payout avoidance department
Old 19 March 2008, 03:49 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bish667
Only problem I have is trying to get live food delivered .

you have a snake
Old 19 March 2008, 04:00 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Very much dependant on the local franchise.
Old 19 March 2008, 04:02 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

its not their fault they have a pap courier company.
Surely it's entirely their fault as they chose them...?

Or have I missed the point?
Old 19 March 2008, 04:06 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

It was just the way the poster had said he wouldnt buy from them because of their courier which is a shame as their products are top notch and I havent had any problems whatsoever buying from them.

yes SW may have elected to use them as their preferred courier based on price etc, but it shouldnt reflect on people's puchasing choice thats all IMHO.
Old 19 March 2008, 04:27 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

you have a snake

na i have 2 baby tarantulas
Old 19 March 2008, 04:32 PM
bish667
Scooby Regular

It was just the way the poster had said he wouldnt buy from them because of their courier which is a shame as their products are top notch and I havent had any problems whatsoever buying from them.

yes SW may have elected to use them as their preferred courier based on price etc, but it shouldnt reflect on people's puchasing choice thats all IMHO.
Back to the earlier point, I honestly would order from them if i wanted one of their products, i will be getting an afterburner back box from them if my mate doesnt have a decent back box he can give me,cos its a good price, but if there was any problems with delivery i wouldnt be happy.

Last edited by bish667; 19 March 2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: edit
Old 19 March 2008, 05:14 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best excuse I had was:
Them "the driver knocked on your door, but there was no reply"
Me "I was in all day waiting, he didn't knock on my door"
Them "Yes Sir he did"
Me "No, you're lying"
Them (indignant) "no I'm not"
Me "The door's been removed all day as I'm fitting a new one, so he couldn't have knocked on the bloody door"
Them "ahhhhh..........."

Quick Reply: the countries most popular yet worst delivery service