Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racism..Oh FFS.

You can't have a laugh at anything anymore
BBC NEWS | England | Northamptonshire | Racism complaint over Basil Brush
Old 17 March 2008, 08:27 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

"We are the last group of people in this country who you can openly mock and make racist jokes about - who else is there?"

We, the great British Public, reserve the right to ****ing mock you at every opportunity given to us. If you want to be bloody pikeys then that is your look out. deal with it and no I dont want any bloody lucky heather either
Old 17 March 2008, 09:21 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

maybe they should stop pinching and causing trouble.and people might change their views of them
Old 17 March 2008, 09:22 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

"The complaint was logged as an incident of a racist nature and our Hate Crimes Unit is investigating," a Northamptonshire Flatfoot said.
New Britain - New labour.
Old 17 March 2008, 09:26 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Lets not be bias until we hear what the Fox as to say in its defence..if found guilty then set the bloody hounds on him.While we are at it lets get the rest of them in..Sooty...Sweep..Dougal...and that Orval fellow to name but a few
Old 17 March 2008, 09:31 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

**** me you could not make it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is all one sided in this stupid country for instance asian network and black music on radio 1 extra.imagine the uproar if there was a white network.

nice one new labour you done us brits proud with your high taxing and pc madness.
Old 17 March 2008, 10:28 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

FFS - whatever next?

Blonde hair,people with moles,blue eyes etc etc
Old 17 March 2008, 10:52 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Hate crimes unit to investigate basil brush?

There shouldnt be a "hate crime unit", so what if your called gay or a paki, if thats what you are, get over it!

I know a lad who was battered ****less by 3 muslims, why wasnt that a rascist incident? The police said it wasnt?

But he got them back one by one ( they owned two takeaways in the area so werent hard to find), the cheeky *******s went to the cops, and they came round his house nicked him, charged him with ABH, GBH, and said it was rascially motivated? WTF

Rascism only works if you are not white!

Last edited by GC8WRX; 17 March 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:05 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyroper

it is all one sided in this stupid country for instance asian network and black music on radio 1 extra.imagine the uproar if there was a white network.

nice one new labour you done us brits proud with your high taxing and pc madness.
Im gonna start the "White NetWork", seriously, im going to build a basic website advertising "music of white origin" (juxtaposed with one extras music of black origin)on my (fake) radio station, and see if anything kicks off?

I bet it does!
Old 17 March 2008, 11:08 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by GC8WRX

There shouldnt be a "hate crime unit", so what if your called gay or a paki, if thats what you are, get over it!

Rascism only helps the none whites out,

I know a lad who was battered ****less by 3 muslims, why wasnt that a rascist incident? The police said it wasnt?

But he got them back one by one ( they owned two takeaways in the area so werent hard to find), the cheeky *******s went to the cops, and they came round his house nicked him, charged him with ABH, GBH, and said it was rascially motivated? WTF

Muslim isn't a race denomination but a religious one.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:09 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by johnnyroper

You must be a mind reader!!

I have just come online after seeing the BBC advert for that radio station,and was goingto start a thread about it... i find it incredibly racist that they have felt the need to start up a radio station solely for black origin music.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:32 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by renny
FFS - whatever next?

Blonde hair,people with moles,blue eyes etc etc
I hope not, I don't think I could handle the abuse
Old 17 March 2008, 11:42 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
New Britain - New labour.
Next thing you'll know, they'll sell all our gold to the Russians at a ridiculously low price.

I hope that lot don't then up the rate they charge us for our gas supplies. We'll be well fooked if that happens.
Old 17 March 2008, 11:46 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Behead Basil or

Old 18 March 2008, 11:24 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by little-ginge

You must be a mind reader!!

I have just come online after seeing the BBC advert for that radio station,and was goingto start a thread about it... i find it incredibly racist that they have felt the need to start up a radio station solely for black origin music.

I atually find it incredibly ironic that the clueless wnakers are unable to comprehend that pretty much all modern music is of black origin anyway
Old 18 March 2008, 11:35 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I atually find it incredibly ironic that the clueless wnakers are unable to comprehend that pretty much all modern music is of black origin anyway
?
Old 18 March 2008, 11:59 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Muslim isn't a race denomination but a religious one.
This, of course, is true. The distinction is blurred by people crying 'racism' when ever anti-muslim sentiment is expressed.

With regards to the Hate Crime Unti: its all a little 1984, isnt it?
Old 18 March 2008, 12:19 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk

No it's not!
Old 18 March 2008, 12:23 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

To be fair I think the average white person has got a long, long, long way to go before they experience anything even approaching racism in this country. Whereas the average black/asian person has probably experienced it many times. Although things are obviously far better than they used to be.
Old 18 March 2008, 01:40 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
To be fair I think the average white person has got a long, long, long way to go before they experience anything even approaching racism in this country. Whereas the average black/asian person has probably experienced it many times. Although things are obviously far better than they used to be.
Perhaps not, i beleive there are borough councils that HAVE to employ a certain percentage of "ethnic minorities", because they are told to!

Theoretically, if a borough council has a job vacany, and a white person aplies with the right skill set, and an ethnic minority person applies with the same skill set, but doesnt come across as well in the interview (for example), and the borough council hasnt employed its "quota" of ethnic minorities, the non white WILL get the job! Regardless of wether the interviewer wanted to employ him or not.

The "ethnic minority representative" will get the job because of his Race/Faith being "under represented in the workplace"

How is that not rascist? You should walk into our town hall, (this will make me sound a bit rascist, but i dont have any problem with ones that dont want to blow us up), but its hard to spot a normal, white, working person there!

Make you wonder how big those quotas are?
Old 18 March 2008, 02:33 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Perhaps not, i beleive there are borough councils that HAVE to employ a certain percentage of "ethnic minorities", because they are told to!

Theoretically, if a borough council has a job vacany, and a white person aplies with the right skill set, and an ethnic minority person applies with the same skill set, but doesnt come across as well in the interview (for example), and the borough council hasnt employed its "quota" of ethnic minorities, the non white WILL get the job! Regardless of wether the interviewer wanted to employ him or not.

The "ethnic minority representative" will get the job because of his Race/Faith being "under represented in the workplace"

How is that not rascist? You should walk into our town hall, (this will make me sound a bit rascist, but i dont have any problem with ones that dont want to blow us up), but its hard to spot a normal, white, working person there!

Make you wonder how big those quotas are?
You talking about specifics - i was talking in general. You almost certainly will not have been subject to racist abuse, an ethinic minority, especially of colour, will almost certainly have been.

Christ, my oldest had been called a "Black ****" by the time he was 9.
Old 18 March 2008, 02:50 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think that every relgion and race in this country should join together as we are one in the same. As a united front we could rise against the real enemy of this country - THE GYPSIES!
Old 18 March 2008, 02:51 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Im gonna start the "White NetWork", seriously, im going to build a basic website advertising "music of white origin" (juxtaposed with one extras music of black origin)on my (fake) radio station, and see if anything kicks off?

I bet it does!
Welcome to Great White Records UK

I know what you mean, i go into HMV and see a section called 'Black artists'. A whole section. I wanted to ask where the 'White artists' section was, but was afraid of being 'called' a racist

Another example, Times Square, NY. A huge advertisment on the side of a building advertising www.blacksingles.com. To be fair though, America have the right idea about colour (or should i say color!). They realise black people are black, and white people are white, and dont have to tip toe around the fact! I was watching baseball one late night on channel 5, and they were taking votes on the best players of the season. They took white votes, and black votes and showed the 2 totals as they new each race might be biased towards their race colour, fair play. Think we should be more the same over here, maybe not to that degree though
Old 18 March 2008, 02:57 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SetoN
To be fair though, America have the right idea about colour (or should i say color!).

God no, much of the contry still has massive race issues. Britain may have it's problems but we are light years ahead of the States in terms of moderation, acceptance and an ethos of racism being absolutely unacceptable.

Your example just shows how much of an issue it is - Having two votes, one for each colour is just absolutely horrible. Thankfully, a proper sport like football doesn't have such influences, and the only criteria is the quality of the player.
Old 18 March 2008, 03:05 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
God no, much of the contry still has massive race issues. Britain may have it's problems but we are light years ahead of the States in terms of moderation, acceptance and an ethos of racism being absolutely unacceptable.

Your example just shows how much of an issue it is - Having two votes, one for each colour is just absolutely horrible. Thankfully, a proper sport like football doesn't have such influences, and the only criteria is the quality of the player.
I supose you can look it at either way The fact nobody complains though means the public accept that peoples views depending on race can differ, and they accept that.

But your right, alot of the U.S are way behind us in modern views.
Old 18 March 2008, 03:59 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Going back to Basil....
Isn't selling heather and lucky charms just what (some) Gypsies do, or used to do?
I certainly remember them doing it when I was a kid.

In that respect how can it possibly be deemed racist

I s'pose next it'll be racist to suggest the Irish only eat spuds.
Old 18 March 2008, 04:03 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

A few years ago i would have probably distanced myself from this sort of comment,but i think you've hit the nail on the head.

It's issues like this that cause fractions in society - the pc brigade are doing more to **** this country up than any colour or race could ever do.
Old 18 March 2008, 04:12 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zip106
I s'pose next it'll be racist to suggest the Irish only eat spuds.
Thats not racist, thats FACT
Old 18 March 2008, 04:21 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Its all getting rather stupid, surely being a pickey doesnt reflect your race. Being a traveller doesnt reflect race, how damn stupid...... get burgled and the bill dont have any resources......
Old 18 March 2008, 04:33 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

**** off pikey!!!

Quick Reply: Racism..Oh FFS.