Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Creative Writing anyone..

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2008, 12:40 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Writing anyone..

Thought I would share some of my past and recent ramblings.

I have set up a MySpace thing (never got into all this e-Cool stuff like MSN or Floggr or whatever it's called). I used to write lyrics for a few mates who were into hip hop and garage/grime MC'ing, along with those I got into some poetry/creative writing so decided to publish some of work.

You can find my work at: MySpace.com - Deaf.Poet - 32 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/deaf_poet (I think that's right).

Only put up a few pieces, will try to get some more of my work on there (hand written work or notes/bits and pieces that need editing and publishing at some point).

Anyone else into creative writing etc? Leave some commments good or bad, always welcome constructive criticism, new to this so kind of learning as I go along.

Enjoy *blushes and falls off his chair*
Old 12 March 2008, 12:47 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by finalzero
Thought I would share some of my past and recent ramblings.

I have set up a MySpace thing (never got into all this e-Cool stuff like MSN or Floggr or whatever it's called). I used to write lyrics for a few mates who were into hip hop and garage/grime MC'ing, along with those I got into some poetry/creative writing so decided to publish some of work.

You can find my work at: MySpace.com - Deaf.Poet - 32 - Male - UK - www.myspace.com/deaf_poet (I think that's right).

Only put up a few pieces, will try to get some more of my work on there (hand written work or notes/bits and pieces that need editing and publishing at some point).

Anyone else into creative writing etc? Leave some commments good or bad, always welcome constructive criticism, new to this so kind of learning as I go along.

Enjoy *blushes and falls off his chair*
Well chap, if you are writing and producing stuff that you find both rewarding and fun you don't need a 3rd party to tell you its good or not. There's plenty that say it's pants - and the rest say it's cool..

bottom line is that quality and emotional content always wins
Old 12 March 2008, 12:59 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Well chap, if you are writing and producing stuff that you find both rewarding and fun you don't need a 3rd party to tell you its good or not. There's plenty that say it's pants - and the rest say it's cool..

bottom line is that quality and emotional content always wins
Haha true, cheers mate. To be honest I don't care what people think, it was personal to me, an outlet ages ago to help me get through some difficult periods but I got some positive feedback from a few people so followed their advice and published some stuff.

As long as it's emotive that counts for me, I know it might have a different meaning for other people and I am more interested in that as it give's me an idea of what someone else thought the piece of writing meant.

I tend to do free flow writing which is pretty much off the top of my head, written down quickly without any mental editing or pausing - works well. I am researching fictional writing as well now but I think I am far off yet as there are so many aspects I need to learn about before I can put together a half decent story