Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Toilet fans..

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2008, 12:17 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toilet fans..

... No it's not a thread for people who like toilets, I'm on about the extractor fans in the roof...

Anyhoo I have a fan in the roof of my en suite and when we have bad wind it comes in through the fan in the roof and makes my nipples able to cut glass and shrinks my champer so small I miss the pan and **** on the floor!! The other bogs in the house do not suffer the same wind problem, ie the other en suite, bathroom and downstairs bog are always warm, mine is like Ice station zero whenever I have strong wind, especially worse when in the shower or having a dump.. Is their some kinda flap to keep the wind out?

Thoughts plz?
Old 01 March 2008, 12:33 AM
Removed.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
... No it's not a thread for people who like toilets, I'm on about the extractor fans in the roof...

Anyhoo I have a fan in the roof of my en suite and when we have bad wind it comes in through the fan in the roof and makes my nipples able to cut glass and shrinks my champer so small I miss the pan and **** on the floor!! The other bogs in the house do not suffer the same wind problem, ie the other en suite, bathroom and downstairs bog are always warm, mine is like Ice station zero whenever I have strong wind, especially worse when in the shower or having a dump.. Is their some kinda flap to keep the wind out?

Thoughts plz?
How may innuendo's do you want!

If it vents through the wall there should be some sort of flappy venetian blind thingy on the outside wall. However they are usually made from recycled crisp packets or similar high grade tat and fall to bits after a few years exposure to the weather and old trump fumes. If it's a roof mounted vent, then it's probably just a plastic pipe, with a mushroom cap on it to stop the rain getting in. A bit like a chimney really, without the roaring log fire at the bottom. (Imagines Tam with a box of Swan Vestas and something unsavoury in his hand)
Old 01 March 2008, 12:54 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky
How may innuendo's do you want!

If it vents through the wall there should be some sort of flappy venetian blind thingy on the outside wall. However they are usually made from recycled crisp packets or similar high grade tat and fall to bits after a few years exposure to the weather and old trump fumes. If it's a roof mounted vent, then it's probably just a plastic pipe, with a mushroom cap on it to stop the rain getting in. A bit like a chimney really, without the roaring log fire at the bottom. (Imagines Tam with a box of Swan Vestas and something unsavoury in his hand)
It goes out through the ceiling of the bog but exits under the rohn, Ronn, rone.. or whatever the rain catcher pipe thingy is actually called
Old 01 March 2008, 10:21 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I have one on the end of the extractor over my youngest's shower. It exits under the eves, facing vertically downwards, so has lightly sprung louvres to keep them shut when not in use.

They do open when the fan is running.

Bought it from Screwfix.