Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Help me interview with bluechip company selling flymo & other brands

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2008, 01:02 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me interview with bluechip company selling flymo & other brands

Hi i have a interview monday with quite a big company which sell flymo brand products and also gardeina products. The job is for a sales rep working from home and calling on customers.

I have never been to a interview with a big bluechip company like this before so i am just after some tips of what i should do and should 'nt do.

I have been a sales rep for 5 years in the garden centre trade and they are looking to break into this area.

What should i take to the interview?

This is a copy of the job description

From a home-office base you will decide on call frequencies, journey plans, individual promotional plans and forecasting in order to achieve Regional objectives.

any help would be good.

thanks

ps i am 25 years old
Old 13 February 2008, 01:05 PM
spireite
BANNED

your a sales rep , go sell yourself .sorry sure you'll do ok
Old 13 February 2008, 01:54 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vallumlj
Hi i have a interview monday with quite a big company which sell flymo brand products and also gardeina products. The job is for a sales rep working from home and calling on customers.

I have never been to a interview with a big bluechip company like this before so i am just after some tips of what i should do and should 'nt do.

I have been a sales rep for 5 years in the garden centre trade and they are looking to break into this area.

What should i take to the interview?

This is a copy of the job description

From a home-office base you will decide on call frequencies, journey plans, individual promotional plans and forecasting in order to achieve Regional objectives.

any help would be good.

thanks

ps i am 25 years old
In that position I'd simply take them through the process taking into account individual account's volumes will pretty much determine their call frequency depending on how much marketing input you have. Larg customers - monthly, smaller ones quarterly etc. Reducing windscreen time is essential, so utililising a clover leaf pattern you can set up your call rotas i.e. first call close to your base, moving outwards towards mid-day meetings and returning closer to home as the day progresses. Also ensure that you appoint your next meeting when you're in the current call -saves time on the phone.

Implementing regional objectives - get round that one by asking them what they are? Remember this is a two way process so you're interviewing them too!

Forecasting will be based on historical data plus the uplift on this year's objectives so that could also form part of the discussion.