Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

pi55ed up neighbour

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2008, 11:27 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pi55ed up neighbour

hope some1 can give advice on a serious matter that doesn't effect me but is worrying.
next door neighbour is a total alaholic who drinks 1.5 + bottles of whisky a day.
SHE is late 40s early 50s and was made redundant a year ago, seperated about 1.5 years ago and has a thicko son (17 student to55er) living at home.
Now she was drinking at least a bottle a day while hubby (complete moron ) was still living with her and whilst still working so the drinking isn't down to that.
she used to run the kids to school in the mornings when waaay over the limit then go to work (office) but never got caught (well speed cameras don't catch drunks do they)
tonight there was a commotion outside and when i looked out her car was abandoned in the middle of the lane so no1 could get passed (10pm)
one of the drivers must have knocked on her door and she came stumbling out (could hardly stand) and he took her keys and moved the car onto her drive
this is worrying as it's an accident waiting to happen but we've tried to talk to her in the past and have now washed our hands of her as she wont listen or do anything about it
if we report her things will get worse for her (tough) but we don't want any comeback
we were hoping the driver would have reported her but it seems not

i know morally we should report her before she knocks over and kills someone but chances are the police wont come while shes on her way home pi55ed and we don't know where she goes so we can't let them know where she'll be

we don't want to cause her grief but she shouldn't be driving

we don't want to get involved with her personal life so no more chats/ advice from us to her

what would you do?
Old 22 January 2008, 11:33 PM
tiny gsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its a tough one, you`ve already tried talking to her about it and that didn`t work. Think for example, what if one of your kids was walking along the pavement and she lost control, swerved and ran them over. What would you then think? She clearly needs help but IMHO you must report her for your own and others safety
Old 22 January 2008, 11:36 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by robby
d (10pm)i know morally we should report her before she knocks over and kills someone
Do It. Report the stupid cow before she does kill someone, do something while you can mate
Old 22 January 2008, 11:39 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

CRIMESTOPPERS.. NO NAME , NO PACK DRILL

HAS TO BE DONE, YOU KNOW IT, YOU JUST NEED TO HEAR IT FROM ELSEWHERE
Old 22 January 2008, 11:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Report her please, for God's sake! Police don't tell your name to anyone, if you are concerned about it. Come on, it could cost some innocent people their lives!
Good luck with it, Robby.
Old 22 January 2008, 11:40 PM
Lisawrx

Unless you just ignore what's going on, which personally I couldn't, and you've tried the approach of talking with her, all you have left is the option of going to the police and letting them know the situation, in the hope they could keep an eye on things, good luck.

If all your neighbours are seeing this behaviour too, call around their houses and see if you could all report this to the police together, maybe they'd take it more seriously if a few of you are reporting the same problems.

Hope you get this sorted.
Old 22 January 2008, 11:47 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

immobilise her car by cutting fuel line or battery cable then call in the police, they'll then do her whilst she is trying to start it, it might take a month or so for them to turn up but be patient
Old 22 January 2008, 11:48 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

You know that you have to report it.
How would you feel coming on here in the future telling us that she's killed someone. You would then have that on your consience knowing that you did nothing to help prevent it!
Maybe a court appearance will be the first step in her getting the help that she needs.
Old 22 January 2008, 11:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Hows darez yous judges me, i drinkss no mores than a bottle a day and i will park mys moter carz wher i want .

Old 22 January 2008, 11:52 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Why don't you phone one of those alcohol help groups and seek their advice? I think a number is in every phone book. At least you will have done something and there is a small chance she will get some help which she obviously needs. dl
Old 23 January 2008, 08:26 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Police, sooner rather than later, ...........or TOO late.

Let 'em do summat useful for once.

The courts will probabaly refer her to counselling, especially if she's as p*ssed as you say when caught

Alcazar
Old 23 January 2008, 09:28 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Call the police, sounds her life is f00ked up enough already. Im sure a 12 month ban for drink driving isnt going to push her over the edge, but it just might stop her ending someone elses life.

Thats if they bother to follow up the enquiry, would they have to catch her first? Or can they go off witneses?
Old 23 January 2008, 10:00 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

And what does everyone expect the police to do? I can't see them hanging around on the corner just waiting to see if she drives off. And they can't break in and arrest her for being pissed. I suppose they might act if you report her when she has just driven home in an obviously intoxicated state. Could be too late by then of course. dl
Old 23 January 2008, 10:05 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Can I ask a leading, and as yet UNASKED question?

Is she a hottie?

TBH there's little you can do unless you see her get in the car drunk, at which point you can call the rozzers...

But I once worked with a woman like that who in the end killed herself* through the drink... left two teenage kids (they were tossers though, stealing from her, driving her car, crashing it....).

Whatever you do won't alter the natural course of events, but by all means have a go if it'll make you feel better!

*ANOTHER DISCLAIMER - Not because she worked WITH the DCI
Old 23 January 2008, 10:09 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Can I ask a leading, and as yet UNASKED question?

Is she a hottie?

I think I'd turn to drink if I worked with you, you are relentless in your pursuit of the fairer sex

To robby, if she's driving whilst drunk then report her, she's a danger to herself and everyone else.
Old 23 January 2008, 10:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Clock her leaving home, ring the dibble, say you have reason to believe.....
Old 23 January 2008, 10:18 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

yeah need top get the police involved.

you may be suprised and find that it gioves her enough of a shock to sort herself and life out
Old 23 January 2008, 10:27 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

DVLA are bound to remove the licence of anyone who has a constant alcohol or drug problem I believe. (I know it's true for drugs, I assume it for alcohol).

They are reluctant to do it though as then the person is housebound, can't get a job, and then just drinks themselves to death instead of rehabilitating.

That's what my Guardian said anyway
Old 23 January 2008, 10:39 AM
ghg
Scooby Regular

shop the bitch!

if you dont want to, pm me her details and il do it.

imagine if she knocks a kid over.

G
Old 23 January 2008, 11:16 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think you need to give the coppers a full report about what goes on backed up by your neighbours. One would hope they would have the responsibilty to check your report out and maybe they would take action to stop this dangerous problem.

Les
Old 23 January 2008, 11:31 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

having read your post a couple of times its states that you have tried talking to her - obviosuly she wont accept blame and/or is just putting her head in the sand. Maybe give her an ultimatium - one more just one more time and we'll report you, no questions just do it - judging by her response alone will determine whether she'll listen or not.

A lot of alcoholics point blank refuse that they have a problem or will blame anything else but themselves i.e. childhood issues, bad marriage, any excuse but never blame themselves - there is nothing you can do when you get to that stage, and unless she takes stock, realises she has a problem and does something about it then she's knackered.

I've got experience with this so know what i'm talking about (not me btw)

If she refuses to listen - shop her, you just cold save a life
Old 23 January 2008, 11:40 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Has anyone mentioned you should inform the police, pronto?
Old 23 January 2008, 12:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

She needs help, the best help intially would be to stop her drink driving by reporting her to the Police so they can have a word, her car needs imobilizing, she cannot use it, end of. If she sorts out her drink problem at least she will have mobility, you woulbe doing her a favour, plus all the potential victims of her actions.

I stopped a mate (and J4ckos mate - who was a passenger in the same car) from driving off when bladdered years ago by putting my car acoss his path, his mum came out and clouted him when she heard the row, he thanked me for it the following day.
Old 23 January 2008, 12:55 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Someone very close to me is an alcoholic and I have asked them the question in past - the answer I get is simple:

You are morally obligated to report this person

When this close person was drinking it took someone doing similar to start the road to recovery. I'm not saying it will happen here, but you must act. If you do not and someone is killed then you really are partly responsible.
Old 23 January 2008, 01:11 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

My dad reported someone for this exact reason, he thought long and hard about doing it but decided it was best to report them. This guy was drinking 5 or 6 cans of special brew during the day and always left at the same time in the afternoon. The police sent someone round to walk past him to see if they could see any beer cans at lunchtime and then sat in a police car outside the gates until he left. They pinched him as he was driving out and we never saw him again!
Old 23 January 2008, 02:28 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Take her to the pub, buy her a few pints/whiskeys. Then try reasoning with her.
Old 23 January 2008, 02:35 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!

They pinched him as he was driving out and we never saw him again!

Now that's what I call proper policing

I guess they never found the body?
Old 23 January 2008, 02:50 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

The best suggesstion so far has been to phone crime stoppers.

Its totally anonymous. If you get your point accross well enough when you phone them I'm sure further action will be taken.

It then gets her off the road and keeps you anonymous.
As for what she's going through bollocks to that. What if she kills a 5 year old that lives a few doors down (complete guess just incase I am right and you think i know where you live lol). Then how will you feel?

Dead simple, make the phone call then forget about it. If they dont action it and something happens its their fault not yours.

Daz
Old 23 January 2008, 03:17 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

what you need to do is know her routine, that way you can call the plod and let them know were she is off to, give em a good chance to catch her that way

what if tomorrow she drives up the road and ups the curb towards a load of school children????

do you really want that on your contiance (spelling lol)

shop her m8 before she kills someone, thing is if call police they prob wont find her but if you know were shes off to........

ps dont do it at a school run as will be awfull for her to get arrested infront of everyone.

Quick Reply: pi55ed up neighbour