Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Lost property

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2008, 08:31 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost property

Found a purse in the road today. The cards inside were strewn all over the place, so I picked up all the cards and the remains of the purse and thought I'd drop the lot off at the police staion on the way home.

However, the local cop shop is closed until Monday morning. Although she'll probably have cancelled all her credit cards etc by now, there are some other types of cards that I'm sure she'd rather save herself the hassle of getting replacement.

It seems to be rather difficult to return property to people these days. There was no identification left in the purse.

As an aside, this woman had 6 credit/debit cards, most of which weren't signed. Two of the unsigned ones even had the activation sticker still on them.

Last edited by Jerome; 18 January 2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 18 January 2008, 08:36 PM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

Give them to x Sammie x

I'm sure she could use them.
Old 18 January 2008, 08:41 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I found a purse once complete with cards but no cash. Luckily it had an address in it so I took it back to the owner. It had had some cash in it before it was lost and despite it's owner being really grateful to me I'm sure it must have crossed her mind that I might have stolen the money!

I can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to leave unsigned cards in their purse
Old 18 January 2008, 09:03 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Personally I would burn them, if you take them to the police station they will ask you questions you probably don't have time for.
Old 18 January 2008, 09:19 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Personally I would burn them, if you take them to the police station they will ask you questions you probably don't have time for.
I found a wallet ages ago and went to the police station to hand it in. The desk copper wanted to know my full details before he would accept it. I was in a rush so really didn't need to waste time filling in forms etc.

Having said that, the guy whose wallet it was dropped a bottle of port round as a thank you.
Old 18 January 2008, 10:15 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Could you not phone one of the card numbers. They usually have one on the back, for lost cards etc. They may be prepared to inform the person you have found the purse.
Like your honestly
Old 18 January 2008, 10:22 PM
hrness
Scooby Regular

as above rung card companies on many occasion they ring customer and give your contact number to customer
Old 18 January 2008, 10:24 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
Found a purse in the road today. The cards inside were strewn all over the place, so I picked up all the cards and the remains of the purse and thought I'd drop the lot off at the police staion on the way home.

However, the local cop shop is closed until Monday morning. Although she'll probably have cancelled all her credit cards etc by now, there are some other types of cards that I'm sure she'd rather save herself the hassle of getting replacement.

It seems to be rather difficult to return property to people these days. There was no identification left in the purse.

As an aside, this woman had 6 credit/debit cards, most of which weren't signed. Two of the unsigned ones even had the activation sticker still on them.
Unsigned cards? Straight to the plods DO NOT RETURN THEM. You may well have found a thief's stash after she's dumped them to avoid being caught with them.