Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay, i just had to laugh at this, the mind boggles.

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2008, 07:41 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay, i just had to laugh at this, the mind boggles.

For those that are not into audio and visual then this is the equivelant of someone putting a 2nd hand paper clip on ebay.

Don`t be gutted if you miss out on this one as the same seller has 4 identical auctions running.

f plug on eBay, also, Home Cinema Systems, DVD Home Cinema, Consumer Electronics (end time 12-Jan-08 16:19:25 GMT)
Old 12 January 2008, 09:17 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

There is a reason they are doing it - they are a business seller and are trying to get their feedback up to 10 ( hence 10 items listed ) as quick as possible so they can list thing on Buy It Now instead of auctions.

In fact, looking a bit harder, their ID was set up in 2006, and they have just changed it to the new one a week ago. I would guess its a seller who has been banned from the site using an old spare ID to start selling again.
Old 14 January 2008, 04:02 PM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

But how can you get your rating up if nobody bids on your auction unless you have a few dummy accounts and bid yourself but ebay would soon wise up to that you would think.
Old 14 January 2008, 04:24 PM
The Hoff
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As Mike said.... Its not the rating, its the fact you need to have listed 10 things to enable a but it now option instead of just timed aucitons.
Old 14 January 2008, 04:28 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
In fact, looking a bit harder, their ID was set up in 2006, and they have just changed it to the new one a week ago. I would guess its a seller who has been banned from the site using an old spare ID to start selling again.
Bloody infraction system
Old 14 January 2008, 06:01 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

For bidding its dead easy to set up as many false new accounts as you like as Ebay dont check them ( it makes their member numbers look better, and the only people who get messed around are the sellers ).

If you look in the cars section, loads of the bidders are new accounts with 0 feedback, and if you check their bidding history you'll find they are bidding on a few cars at once - so if they win 3 of them they can pick the one they want, stuff the other sellers and dont worry about the negative feedback as it isnt their 'proper' account.

Most of the non paying bidders I have had have been new accounts with 0 feedback - they buy something and you send the invoice and never hear from them again.