Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sony Bravia TV Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 11 January 2008, 06:06 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony Bravia TV Help Please

I have just bought a new Sony Bravia TV for the Bedroom and its a great set only problem is when its on analogue there is no sound, I switch to digital and its fine, also when I play the video through it no problem. Now this might not seem too much of a big deal but I have Sky+ downstairs and its run to the bedroom with a magic eye so I need the TV on Analogue to watch that ? At the moment I have to have the video on
Any idea's anyone, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11 January 2008, 06:14 PM
gaddass
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Sideways
I have just bought a new Sony Bravia TV for the Bedroom and its a great set only problem is when its on analogue there is no sound, I switch to digital and its fine, also when I play the video through it no problem. Now this might not seem too much of a big deal but I have Sky+ downstairs and its run to the bedroom with a magic eye so I need the TV on Analogue to watch that ? At the moment I have to have the video on

Thanks
What model is it?It can use analogue but needs tuning in seperatly for it depending on model.
Old 11 January 2008, 06:26 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

I have a 20" SONY BRAVIA 2020U model and I have no problems with Analogue or Digital T.V. Have you tried disconnecting the Infra-red Magic eye bit to see if it still does it?
Old 12 January 2008, 10:34 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

I've obviously tuned it in and have a picture but no sound, its a KDL 32u2000u, what this magic eye thingy ?
Old 12 January 2008, 11:00 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

I've obviously tuned it in and have a picture but no sound, its a KDL 32u2000u, what this magic eye thingy ?
Ummm... What you quoted originally

"I have Sky+ downstairs and its run to the bedroom with a magic eye so I need the TV on Analogue to watch that ? At the moment I have to have the video on "

It's the infra-red receiver that sits on top of your T.V which you change the channel on the sky box remotely.

Have you tried removing that? and seeing if you still have no sound?
Old 12 January 2008, 12:33 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor

"I have Sky+ downstairs and its run to the bedroom with a magic eye so I need the TV on Analogue to watch that ? At the moment I have to have the video on "

It's the infra-red receiver that sits on top of your T.V which you change the channel on the sky box remotely.

Oh I see sorry, no haven't tried that but have sound through my video on Sky and can change channels as normal etc, I don't think that would make a difference as its all the analogue channels that have no sound i.e BBC1 2 etc that aren't being run through sky?
Old 12 January 2008, 12:38 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor

Oh I see sorry, no haven't tried that but have sound through my video on Sky and can change channels as normal etc, I don't think that would make a difference as its all the analogue channels that have no sound i.e BBC1 2 etc that aren't being run through sky?
Old 12 January 2008, 02:08 PM
Sosbanite
Scooby Regular

Sometimes the phono/RCA audio inputs on these sets are assignable to the required input. Check the user manual or have a look in the audio settings part of the menu tree for info/variables.
Old 13 January 2008, 07:46 AM
gaddass
Scooby Newbie

[QUOTE=Sideways;7551979]I have just bought a new Sony Bravia TV for the Bedroom and its a great set only problem is when its on analogue there is no sound, I switch to digital and its fine, also when I play the video through it no problem. Now this might not seem too much of a big deal but I have Sky+ downstairs and its run to the bedroom with a magic eye so I need the TV on Analogue to watch that ? At the moment I have to have the video on

Thanks[/QUOTE

Hate to state the obvious but youve got it plugged in wrong somewhere.Make sure its on the right av channel(my playstation will play on 3 but only has sound on one)is the 'eye'thing tuned into AV?Is it tuned into the digital AV socket?
Try plugging it in and tuning it in manualy in anologue and if no sound then keep searching for another signal.
Check the tv speakers are set to 'on'when in analogue mode.
Old 13 January 2008, 11:59 AM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=gaddass;7556707]

Thanks[/QUOTE

Hate to state the obvious but youve got it plugged in wrong somewhere.Make sure its on the right av channel(my playstation will play on 3 but only has sound on one)is the 'eye'thing tuned into AV?Is it tuned into the digital AV socket?
Try plugging it in and tuning it in manualy in anologue and if no sound then keep searching for another signal.
Check the tv speakers are set to 'on'when in analogue mode.
Cheers Goddass but its not on an AV channel
Old 13 January 2008, 03:54 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

rtfm and check the cables mate, we could all keep guessing what it is for days and maybe not get anywhere. hope ya get it sorted though!!
Old 13 January 2008, 05:19 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

32inch in the bedroom, cool
Old 13 January 2008, 05:37 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

If your connections are via RF and there is no analogue audio signal. Have you checked that the correct sound If frequency is displayed? The sound and vision are modulated together for transmission and the IF sound carrier is tapped off once the video has been demodulated inside the TV.

It should be 6.0mhz for the uk.

Andy

Last edited by andy97; 13 January 2008 at 05:40 PM.