Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why do they do it....?

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2007, 12:22 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do they do it....?

You're driving down the road, you're the only car on the road at this time, someone decides to cross (not on a crossing) Nothing wrong with that, we have all done it.

So coming from the right, they begin to run, getting half way across the road, just into the path of your car................. and they break into a WALK !!
And usually a slow one at that!!

Why?
Old 22 December 2007, 12:29 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Maybe they wanted a closer look at your car Snazy
Old 22 December 2007, 01:11 PM
Mo_Patrick
Scooby Regular

Always wondered the same thing myself, considering your driving near on a ton and a half of metal... whos going to come off worst?

Candidates for the Darwin Awards?
Old 22 December 2007, 01:19 PM
34srm
Scooby Regular

if you sound the horn into youve passed them that usually works, or change down and accelerate, only joking , only bo that when they look like they have a sporting chance ov making it to the other side, carnt be fairer than that
Old 22 December 2007, 10:00 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

But as they slow, I like to accelerate. Need a louder exhaust again for full effect lol.

As for looking closer at the car, the underside maybe lol
Old 22 December 2007, 10:21 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm usually a poor pedestrian, and I can't even answer your question.

I really don't understand why some people dordle about in front of oncoming traffic, maybe they are just stupid. I only cross when both ways are clear, but I've been taught the green cross code, so that always helps.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:25 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its a sort of deathwish type defiance
Old 22 December 2007, 10:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Arrogance ! They've made their claim to that piece of space and now challenge you to take it off them, obviously in the hope you won't. Typical twatish behavior from todays British people.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:33 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

its simple,the pedestrian always thinks they have right of way,no matter what.how many of you have seen some person trying to cross a busy road,when there a set of traffic lights 10 meters to the side of them..i find it more with younger teenagers who will just step out into the road,look at you as if your some kind of challenge to them,and carry on casually walking across the road...as if you should stop and wait...
Old 22 December 2007, 10:37 PM
Lisawrx

Probably right. What I find funny, is I often see motorists speed up to make their feelings known (sort of rightly) to the selfish runt crossing, but in the same breath will slam on the brakes for a dog/cat etc. As if the animal isn't just playing chicken too
Old 22 December 2007, 10:37 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

we should all carry a copy of the prodigy song in our vehicles when some tw@T decides to step out in front of us and play it loud..CHARLIE SAID.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:41 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Probably right. What I find funny, is I often see motorists speed up to make their feelings known (sort of rightly) to the selfish runt crossing, but in the same breath will slam on the brakes for a dog/cat etc. As if the animal isn't just playing chicken too
yea but to be honest with ya.if some horse stepped out into the road,i would probably try my best to avoid it,rather than have some unrespectfull hoodie kid step out in front of me,and look at me as if to say,come on then..
Old 22 December 2007, 10:52 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

got to say i do drop a gear and accelerate as it annoys the p**s out of me when some chav thinks its funny to nearly cause an accident.

although in saying that there was a lad killed about a month or so back about 5 miles from where i live, he was playing chicken with the cars outside a miccy d's and being egged on by his mates to get even closer he eventually got clipped by a car and spun in to the path of an oncoming lorry.
very sad but i bet his mates won't be doing it anymore and hopefully will have a bit more respect for road users now.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:52 PM
Lisawrx

I agree, just think it's funny how we act.
Old 22 December 2007, 10:59 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I agree, just think it's funny how we act.
yea but tell you something worse i find,is the young lads on scooters..they cut down the inside of you ,outside of you,they drive on the roads like maniacs..i mean you only have to be 16 years to drive these scooters,they dont realise even the slightest nudge from a vehicle will send them spinning of their scooters..because they drive like idiots.....
Old 22 December 2007, 11:05 PM
Ringpeas
Scooby Regular

I had 2 big lads (with 2 big mates) step out in front of me as I came up to a set of lights on green. They just stood there blocking the road, eyeing up the Scoob.
It was late at night, and on a rough estate, so I decided to go to full beam and floor it at them. They waited until the last second before realising that I wasn't going to bottle it, then dived for their lives
It shook me up a bit, but it was them or me.

A friend visited the states and got himself lost. He pulled up at the lights and a bloke put a gun at his window and ordered him out. My mate ignored him and drove over his foot, leaving him rolling around on the floor
It takes some guts to do that!
Old 22 December 2007, 11:07 PM
Lisawrx

Unfortunately that is the mentality of some these days. I would get into a full blown rant about that and the attitude of many motorists and pedestrians alike, but it's late and I'm not too well, plus I think I'd bore everyone putting the world to rights according to me.

In brief, it's a lack of respect for others in most situations, and that boils my piddle.

Respect, manners and behaving decently costs nothing, but seems so difficult for so many.
Old 23 December 2007, 12:24 AM
BigSugarDaddy
BANNED

They want to annoy you .....