Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Give the police a rise or strike action!

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2007, 03:19 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give the police a rise or strike action!

Well,I know they can't go on strike.Actually,how would be able to tell if they were on strike? Our speeding tickets would take longer to come out

If we went back to old style policing I'd be backing them 100% Nowadays,I am afraid I don't see them in the same light and have no real sympathy

Sorry
Old 13 December 2007, 03:34 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

the police themselves are fed up with modern policing - they just have to do what theyre told by their bosses who have to do what theyre told by Government....
Old 13 December 2007, 03:36 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

Useless ******* anyway...

If they went on strike I seriously doubt anyone would be able to tell the difference
Old 13 December 2007, 03:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by warrenm2
the police themselves are fed up with modern policing - they just have to do what they're told by their bosses who have to do what they're told by Government....
Errrr, no actually. What would their bosses/government DO exactly, if the rank and file said no to the bull s hit?

The major problem is that the police TELL you they don't like it as it is, but do nowt, either because they are too weak, or because they are lying.

"We were just obeying orders", cut no ice in 1945, and cuts even less now.

Alcazar
Old 13 December 2007, 03:50 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Errrr, no actually. What would their bosses/government DO exactly, if the rank and file said no to the bull s hit?

The major problem is that the police TELL you they don't like it as it is, but do nowt, either because they are too weak, or because they are lying.

Alcazar
I like the way they're going to change the law so they can strike....

Can I change it as well so I'm legally entitled to drive off without paying at petrol stations?
Old 13 December 2007, 04:06 PM
spireite
BANNED

If they go on strike ,will all the ex miners be able to give em a good kick in on the picket lines .
Old 13 December 2007, 04:08 PM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite
If they go on strike ,will all the ex miners be able to give em a good kick in on the picket lines .
Well we could change the law so if the police strike the ex miners can legally give THEM a kicking..

The balance is restored
Old 13 December 2007, 04:12 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar

Alcazar
I doubt if they have any option but do as they're told the same as the military.

I've made my thoughts about the firefighters striking clear on here before, but as with the prison service, I have some sympathy for the Police. Anyhow, we're all quite looking forward to doing strike cover for the police and giving some little ******* the hiding they deserve (like the government would allow THAT to happen )
Old 14 December 2007, 01:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
I doubt if they have any option but do as they're told the same as the military.

I've made my thoughts about the firefighters striking clear on here before, but as with the prison service, I have some sympathy for the Police. Anyhow, we're all quite looking forward to doing strike cover for the police and giving some little ******* the hiding they deserve (like the government would allow THAT to happen )
Now that would be progress that we desperately need.

Les
Old 14 December 2007, 01:39 PM
Kit B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spireite

Jeeze.... Going back to 1984 eh.... about 80% of the cops that would have been involved are now retired or deed
Old 14 December 2007, 01:45 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Prasius
Anyhow, we're all quite looking forward to doing strike cover for the police and giving some little ******* the hiding they deserve
It is almost worth re-enlisting

Where do I sign ???
Old 14 December 2007, 01:49 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

This makes my blood boil.

If i went on strike i'd be fired straight away.

Another public service spitting their dummies out and claiming they dont earn enough.

They should just get on with it like everyone else does.

Maybe if they supported the hand that feeds them a bit more i.e. you and me the tax payer instead of sat at the station eating biscuits and drinking tea or preying on inoccent motorists then they'd have a bit more sympathy.

Just my opinion - rant over
Old 14 December 2007, 01:51 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

PCSOs get a pay rise backdated
Police officers dont
New shift changes coming in force = 36 days extra work per year, no family or social time for 24hr responce officers
If more police were put on the streets in the first place and government didn't waste money on benefits, drug programmes etc.... then im sure the public would get a better service instead of the limited number of police having to spend 99% of there time dealing with non taxpaying low lifes of society instead of dealing with the decent members of public who pay towards a service they dont recieve.
Coffee and tea breaks? what are they? never mind an actual meal break

Last edited by simonbb1328; 14 December 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 14 December 2007, 02:05 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Simon mate not sure if your one of the 'boy's but i'm friends with a couple of coppers - admittedley they are not PC's and are quite high up in their game but to me they do alright.

You are correct about the paperwork and bloody bureaucracy though.

Thing is there is a lot of poor barstewards out there working 40-50+ hours a week for just over minimum wage
Old 14 December 2007, 02:11 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

they have a choice like it, or get another job, the same as every other worker on here
Old 14 December 2007, 02:13 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
Simon mate not sure if your one of the 'boy's but i'm friends with a couple of coppers - admittedley they are not PC's and are quite high up in their game but to me they do alright.

You are correct about the paperwork and bloody bureaucracy though.

Thing is there is a lot of poor barstewards out there working 40-50+ hours a week for just over minimum wage
I understand that people are working those hours Chief and some can be as unsociable, however do they go to work, get spat at, abused and assaulted.
All what is happening is the government trying to save money and make it look like there are more police on the streets without actually spending any more money, if anything they are saving money.
Police dont get paid anymore for working unsociable hours or weekend where as alot of other jobs pay an increased rate.
Old 14 December 2007, 02:16 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
they have a choice like it, or get another job, the same as every other worker on here
I would say that the majority of police do enjoy there job, but would enjoy it even more if their hands wern't tied and could actually give the decent public what they need, but thanks to the government and the whole caught system (human rights) they cant. The human rights leigislation should be renamed CRIMINAL RIGHTS as it doesnt work for the victims.
Old 14 December 2007, 02:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is it the police in Scotland get theirs backdated in Scotland, while officers in England and wales do not
Old 14 December 2007, 02:24 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

That is a good question, and hope someone can answer it.
It appears that PCSO's are more important over hear
Old 14 December 2007, 02:26 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by simonbb1328
I understand that people are working those hours Chief and some can be as unsociable, however do they go to work, get spat at, abused and assaulted.
All what is happening is the government trying to save money and make it look like there are more police on the streets without actually spending any more money, if anything they are saving money.
Police dont get paid anymore for working unsociable hours or weekend where as alot of other jobs pay an increased rate.
So why be a copper
Old 14 December 2007, 02:28 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Santas Elf
Well we could change the law so if the police strike the ex miners can legally give THEM a kicking..

The balance is restored
The miner's will need to be on horseback, just to redress the balance
Old 14 December 2007, 02:29 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

I do like the job, but it would be so much better if we could provide the service the public actually need. We find it frustrating too.
Old 14 December 2007, 02:29 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why is it the police in Scotland get theirs backdated in Scotland, while officers in England and wales do not
Old 14 December 2007, 02:37 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simonbb1328
If its any consolation i dont get a bloody penny if i work o.t.
Old 14 December 2007, 03:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Now, see, this is what gets my goat too. Regardless of how anyone feels about coppers, the police force etc, this giving it to Scottish coppers and denying it English (and Welsh?) ones, just makes my blood boil. I don't care, there's just NO justification for it.

That stupid Smith bint deserves them to strike.

Alcazar
Old 14 December 2007, 04:05 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

It winds me up a little to see people with the "if they don't like it, don't do it" thing...

If THEY don't do it, who will? I say this for Teachers, Nurses, prison officers, police officers, doctors, the military, and, when they actually have a real reason for complaint imo - the Fire service.

If you work in a factory, or a mine, or the post office() and go on strike - then fine; thats up to you and your bosses, at the end of the day your job, quite frankly, isn't that important - anyone could do it, and there are alternatives out there for people to use.

But we are not talking about "just a job" for any of these professions - they are something a lot more than that because they demand skills, personal sacrifice and dedication to a job that, quite honestly, 95% of the rest of the population can't even begin to comprehend.

All of those professions will, in normal situations, endure almost anything in order to carry on doing their jobs - even every action of an totally inept government.

But this is the choice that the government have - either stop abusing them and keep them; or carry on attempting to screw them over with every opportunity and then see where that gets them.
Old 14 December 2007, 04:22 PM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

I don't want to strike.

But equally, I don't to be taken advantage of by the goverment. We were promised a pay rise of 2.5% dated from the 1st Sept. Then we told it will be from the 1st Dec. This makes the rise work out over the year as 1.9%.

Thats less than PCSO's, and police support staff, and other 999 services. WHY?? Forgive me for sounding like a child, But its not fair

How can we trust the home office, if they're willing to treat us like this??

I, along with many other police really like our jobs. I think I speak for all when I say that yes, there is a large part in which the way we operate which annoys the hell out of us.

But there really is nothing we can do about it, other than moan. At least if we have the option to strike it will provide us with a fall back weapon.

Without the ability to strike, at the moment we just have to sit back and take it.

But again, I don't want to strike. All this Mass Sick days, no arrest days and so forth just puts lives at risk and put people's property in danger.

The Police should never be made to strike.
Old 14 December 2007, 04:40 PM
firesorter
Scooby Regular

and why do they deserve a pay rise? because they WANT to do the job you dont, they want to make a difference, people join the police to catch bad guys not to victimise people, everyday nearly everyone they talk to lies to them, how frustrating is that? and then they wade through a mountain of paperwork and then have to justify that they took into account gender, race and sexuality. could you do it?

i do my job because i WANTED to, nurses do the same and midwifes, paramedics etc, yet pay rises are`nt in line with real inflation, mortgage costs, fuel prices, council tax etc.

when you **** your pants you will dial 999 and someone will come day or night 365 days a year.

and before that statement is flamed, yes there are some bad apples like any group of people, but on the whole the large majority are there for you the taxpayer, why cant you give them your support?
Old 14 December 2007, 04:43 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i have no sympthay for them im afraid, not all officers are the same admitedly and it may be down to policy but i just dont have any faith in them, so don't realy care if there not paid much
Old 14 December 2007, 04:44 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by firesorter
when you **** your pants you will dial 999 and someone will come day or night 365 days a year.
Or they just say there's nothing they can do and don't bother coming at all.

and before that statement is flamed, yes there are some bad apples like any group of people, but on the whole the large majority are there for you the taxpayer, why cant you give them your support?
When the police start providing a basic level of service, I'll start supporting them. My most recent experience with the police was moderately positive, however it hasn't yet offset the 7 or 8 bad experiences I've had as a victim. Maybe I just keep getting the bad apples?

Quick Reply: Give the police a rise or strike action!