Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another Ebay scammer begins to crumble?

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2007, 11:06 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay scammer begins to crumble?

Taken from the SB forum, another person trying it on with yet another popular electrical item.

I bought an iphone off ebay last thursday as a christmas present for my gf. The seller had 64 100% positive feedback scores with many of them being from people who had also bought an iphone.

He emailed me on monday to say the item had been posted recorded delivery, but he didn't supply a tracking number and nothing has shown up yet. I checked my ebay account yesterday afternoon and everything to do with the sale has gone! It doesn't show up in item's I've won, the seller is no longer registered with ebay, the item number is now invalid and he's not returning any of my emails, plus he's got 320 quid of mine!

I paid using my debit card through PayPal and so I've opened a dispute which has escalated to a claim but they have to wait 2 days before they can resume the investigation as the seller listed it as being posted.

I also emailed ebay's trust and safety department telling them the situation and the reply I got told me "Our records indicate that either you were not the winning bidder for this item or you may have purchased it on Half.com." WTF!!! I emailed back telling them the situation again and that I was the winning bidder but am yet to receive a reply.

These are all the details I can find on the scammer:

A Ash
Uxbridge
London

ebay ID: adnan_108
He has since been tracked down, and just like Hightee, starting to give in and has agreed to return the money.
Old 12 December 2007, 11:09 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

And you still want to know what to do for the next month?
Old 12 December 2007, 11:11 AM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
He has since been tracked down, and just like Hightee.
He to had Bikina shots?
Old 12 December 2007, 11:13 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SetoN
He to had Bikina shots?
I was trying to spare ya, but errm.......... they were hairy **** thong shots...
Want me to post them?
There is sack exposure in one. But if thats ya thing lol

Brendan, yeah mate, this is just a flash in the pan. But do wanna do some more work to get some more stories etc. Just cant sit at the PC for too long at a time lol
Old 12 December 2007, 11:58 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Whats the sb forum? Link?
Old 12 December 2007, 02:51 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

I once got scammed by an ebayer for a minimoto when they first came out, paid £300 for it but after 4 weeks no sign of it.

The website he linked to on his ad was registered with nominet under a ltd company, so after paying a couple of quid for his details from companies house i got his address, low and behold he lived in Oldham just down the road from me (about a 10 minute drive).

I got the lads together and payed him a visit, he was quite shocked when he answered the door and all his family were round eating dinner (in the front room strangely enough). I told him i wanted my money but he said he had no cash on him, i offered to give him a lift to the cash machine and he couldn't really refuse The cash machine happened to be a good 2 miles away, so after getting my cash i politely told him to walk home!!

Result was, i got my money back and shamed him in front of his family. Lucky he didn't get his head smashed in really

Hello Kyan if your out there
Old 12 December 2007, 03:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Whats the sb forum? Link?

The Scam Busters :: Index

Its under track em down

Mamoon good stuff mate, never know he might have got mugged on the way home too (cruel but whats goes around.......)
Old 12 December 2007, 03:44 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
I once got scammed by an ebayer for a minimoto when they first came out, paid £300 for it but after 4 weeks no sign of it.

The website he linked to on his ad was registered with nominet under a ltd company, so after paying a couple of quid for his details from companies house i got his address, low and behold he lived in Oldham just down the road from me (about a 10 minute drive).

I got the lads together and payed him a visit, he was quite shocked when he answered the door and all his family were round eating dinner (in the front room strangely enough). I told him i wanted my money but he said he had no cash on him, i offered to give him a lift to the cash machine and he couldn't really refuse The cash machine happened to be a good 2 miles away, so after getting my cash i politely told him to walk home!!

Result was, i got my money back and shamed him in front of his family. Lucky he didn't get his head smashed in really

Hello Kyan if your out there
nicely done