Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Brundle's in trouble with the FIA...

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2007, 10:48 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brundle's in trouble with the FIA...

I expect Brundle won't be interviewing Max Mosely on the grid before any of next years raced after he accussed the FIA of a 'witch hunt' against McLaren!

Brundle writ fury over spygates - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

"I expect my accreditation pass for next year will be hindered in some way to make my coverage of F1 more difficult and to punish me.

"Or they will write to ITV again to say that my commentary is not up to standard despite my unprecedented six Royal Television Society Awards for sports broadcasting. So be it."
Old 11 December 2007, 10:50 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Saw this yesterday, it should make F1 interesting next year. I think if Brundle isn't able to commentate next year it just adds fuel to the fire that the FIA is corrupt and the sport is disappearing up it's own tailpipe.
Old 11 December 2007, 11:58 PM
nooobyscoooby
Scooby Regular

If Brundle doesn't get his pass, ITV should refuse to show F1 in support.
Old 12 December 2007, 12:01 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nooobyscoooby
I fully agree with that. I am sure many, if not most of the viewers would fully support that. Not to mention it may actually make them sit up and do something about making the sport interesting again.
Old 12 December 2007, 12:23 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

They should but they won't.
Old 12 December 2007, 12:42 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Brundle is not usually a man to keep opinions to himself - that why I like him

He can be a bit of **** becuase of that, but at least you know where he stands.

Time will tell to see what happens. The FIA "old boys club" is one that is very hard to infiltrate and take down. It maybe run by dinosaurs but it seems like its taking some time for the old boys to become extinct.
Old 12 December 2007, 01:14 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

the man speaks the truth TBH, but some people cant handle the truth though

what and loose revenue from all the adverts they would miss out on showing during the race? cmon yer having a laugh!!

the sooner it goes back to BBC or somebody else the better, im sick to the back teeth of those bloody adverts!
Old 12 December 2007, 07:04 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Max Mousely certainly seems to have double standards where Mclaren are concerned. He is still threatening Mclaren with being thrown out of F1 if any Ferrari design is found on the 2008 car. Like .....................................
"Sorry you have four wheels just like a Ferrari so youre all out"

No such check on Renault and it seems their crime was worse than anything Mclaren had done. Then there's the personal attack on Sir Jackie Stewart. Mans a total dick!
Old 12 December 2007, 08:14 AM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Good on Brundle for saying it how it is!

At the moment, the FIA are doing a great job of showing the world how much of a joke they really are!

muppets! (they're doing a great job of screwing with the WRC as well at the moment)
Old 12 December 2007, 08:14 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

The whole FIA needs a shake up. The Grandads running it need outing, get some fresh blood in there.
I agree they have double standards when it comes to Mclaren and why didnt they give more support to Prodrive by sorting the concorde agreement out??

I just wish it was James allen that they were going to make life more difficult for.
Maybe they could punish Brundle by sacking James, the theory being that Brundle would have more work to do?
But the real affect is we wouldnt have that idiot on our TV.
Old 12 December 2007, 08:49 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Brundle is the most qualified F1 commentator going, been involved in modern day F1 racing, been in the sport since the early 80s to the mid 90s racing for some of the top names including McLaren - Benneton etc, 158 races under his belt.

He knows the regs and the technical stuff.

If anyone from the TV world is entitled to comment about the situation with the FIA then its him!!
Old 12 December 2007, 09:10 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Well at least the man had the ***** to stand up and tell it how it is, like a lot of us the man as a pure passion for motor racing, It's about time the FIA were sorted out for corruption, sack Moseley for a start and that little **** Ecclestone needs to be investigated too, I say well done Martin for putting the fans in the picture even if it does mean you may get into trouble for it I say Martin Brundle and Sir Jackie Stewart for the FIA because between them they could put F1 back where it should be but without any problems.
Cheers
Colin
Old 12 December 2007, 11:53 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I have a lot of time for Brundle as a straight talker and someone with a lot of good sound common sense.

I imagine that Mosely will do his best to spike him purely out of spite in the same way that he hammered Ron Dennis while he had the chance. He appears to be a control freak largely no doubt because he is the type who can only appear to have respect through fear rather than being able to earn it by his personality and his questionable actions.

Good luck to Brundle I say.

Les
Old 12 December 2007, 11:57 AM
RRH
Scooby Regular

They have already requested that he is removed from the ITV team.

It was rather brave of him to comment, knowing how heavy handed the FIA can be- most journo's are put off by the threat that they'll have their paddock access rescinded.

There is an awful lot more going on.....
Old 12 December 2007, 12:23 PM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

The FIA are ruining motorsport, wheres the sense im removing Brundle??
Old 12 December 2007, 01:23 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by D6ale
The FIA are ruining motorsport, wheres the sense im removing Brundle??
there is no sense to it, its just the FIA throwing there toys out of the pram cause somebody had big enough ***** to speak up against them
Old 12 December 2007, 01:41 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Mosley is turning out to be quite like his father, isnt he? The way theyre going I wouldnt be surprised to see Max, Bernie et al wearing black shirts next season. McLaren have already had their Kristallnacht; you have to wonder who is next.....
Old 12 December 2007, 02:28 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

IN theory Moseley will be out (well as president)......Well, eventually: According to the infamously (in)accurate (!?!?) internet; FIA rules stated that from October 2005, the president FIA cannot serve more than 2 terms (of four years each) ....although he annouced he was "stepping down" in October 2004.....we're still waiting

The problem is also who are in the general assembly - as they are the ones who have the power to elect and have influence over the general direction of the FIA...Who are they exactly?

Seems to me its run like a 1980's industrial conglomerate; Huge cashflow, inept management; and the executive boardroom full of fat cats and back scratchers and completely ignorant to whats happening in the real world at the lower levels of the businesses it manages. Not some you'd expect from an alledged non-profit organisation

Last edited by Shark Man; 12 December 2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12 December 2007, 05:53 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

If the FIA wants to take on Brundle for a bundle, let battle commence

Brundle knows his stuff, is popular and respected both down the pit lane, by TV viewers, and newspaper readers. I'm fairly certain in saying that ITV's coverage is broadcast to more people world-wide than any other programme provider. Many, many millions.

Brundle has the ***** and also the political savvy, and could, if he chose to, wield enormous influence to the benefit of F1.

Back off Max - you and your other FIA cronies look stupid enough already.

All IMHO

Richard.
Old 12 December 2007, 08:22 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Angry

I just can't understand where Max Moseley is coming from, nor why no one else has challenged him - he's single-handedly ruining motorsport.

His apparent personal vandetta against McLaren even prompted him to say that Hamilton's dominance of his first season in F1 had ruined the sport by making it boring!! Er, Schumacher, Alonso?! Hamilton has done nothing but raise the profile of the sport, especially in the UK.

McLaren were excluded from the 2007 constructors championship due to several people being in posesion of Ferrari documents which had been handed to the team by a Ferrari employee!!. In passing a verdict, it was stated that there was no evidence that any of the information had influenced anything within the team, but they were found guilty on the suspician that they could have acted on some of the limited information they were known to have! I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren were found guilty of having some Ferrari influence in their 2008 car.

Then I won't even get started on what's happening to the World Rally Championship.....

Well done to Brundle for telling it like it is - Max needs to be overthrown from the head of the FIA.
Old 12 December 2007, 11:23 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by DaveD
Then I won't even get started on what's happening to the World Rally Championship..
Not wanting to sound like my username - but what specifically are they doing to it? - Bit out of touch on WRC news

Spot on post btw

Tony
Old 13 December 2007, 07:03 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Did you know that Max Moseley's dad was Oswald Moseley? Black shirt, fascist and **** supporter....
So his old man was much f**king good either.
Old 13 December 2007, 10:53 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
Did you know that Max Moseley's dad was Oswald Moseley? Black shirt, fascist and **** supporter....
So his old man was much f**king good either.
He had a brilliant record on immigration though.

<infract coat on>
Old 13 December 2007, 10:57 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DaveD
I just can't understand where Max Moseley is coming from, nor why no one else has challenged him - he's single-handedly ruining motorsport.
Quite frankly no-one challenges him because, individually, he can't be challenged. Query/question/contradict him and you will be taking on the entire FIA establishment as a whole. It's also something of a monopoly. So get on the wrong side of them and you're in deep sh*t if your game is motor-racing.

J.
Old 13 December 2007, 11:47 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know who are in the FIA's general assembly??...i.e the people who voted Max Moseley to be president of the FIA 3 times running.
Old 13 December 2007, 06:40 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Oh dear McLaren..

F1 | Formula 1 - McLaren apologises over FIA spy findings - ITV Sport

In the letter, McLaren Group COO Martin Whitmarsh expresses “sincere regret” at some of the disclosures in the report, and accepts that Ferrari intellectual property may have been seen by more McLaren personnel than the team acknowledged at the World Motor Sport Council hearing in September.
This isn't good - McLaren now admitting Ferrari data was much more widely passed through the organisation than was said in the September case when they were fined $100m.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they ended up starting the season with negative points, or some other handycap.
Old 13 December 2007, 09:59 PM
noobyscooby
Scooby Regular

They've been fined, lost all their points. The FIA can't have two bites at the same cherry - but then again Mosley is a bluddy FIAscist!
Old 13 December 2007, 10:14 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

His father would be proud.....
Old 13 December 2007, 10:46 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Maybe Max isn't all that bad...

"In the light of McLaren's public apology and undertakings, the FIA President has asked the members of the World Motor Sport Council for their consent to cancel the hearing scheduled for 14 February 2008 and, in the interests of the sport, to consider this matter closed."

From the FIA website.
Old 13 December 2007, 11:52 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SWRTWannabe
Maybe Max isn't all that bad...

"In the light of McLaren's public apology and undertakings, the FIA President has asked the members of the World Motor Sport Council for their consent to cancel the hearing scheduled for 14 February 2008 and, in the interests of the sport, to consider this matter closed."

From the FIA website.
Call me a cynic, but I read that as the FIA saying to McLaren...."either you come forward and publicly say we were right when we fined you, or we will find some way to penalise your 2008 car in the 14th Feb hearings".

Strange that those hearings have now just been dropped, and that admission will help pave the way for the criminal and civil proceedings Ferrari are bringing to go ahead full steam.

pitpass - the latest, hottest F1 & A1GP news

Last edited by Luminous; 13 December 2007 at 11:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Brundle's in trouble with the FIA...