Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bust my iPod?

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2007, 06:47 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bust my iPod?

I unplugged my iPod from the laptop, I think it may have been syncing at the time and I did not do a safe disconnect, (family, child, in a hurry, wasn't thinking!)

That was this morning, now the screen is still constantly on, no screensaver activates, I cannot navigate any menus, and no music plays.

What I done?
Old 09 December 2007, 07:03 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Happened to me the day I went on holiday and had no music for 10 days, I was pig sick. You'll have to leave it over night until the battery dies, charge it up, when youve done that switch it to hold and back off again within a second, hold the menu and centre button together for approx 6 seconds and you'll give it a hard reboot. if it still doesnt workt he HDD is jammed, do the above but when the ipod boots up take yout fingers off menu and the middle button and then hold play and the middle button for another 6 seconds and you'll force the HDD to boot.

HTH's
Old 09 December 2007, 07:04 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Damn, I though this was thread about false boobies !
Old 09 December 2007, 07:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Have a read of this for info on how to reset the iPod. Give it a shot and see if it starts working again. It sounds like pulling it out has upset it slightly.

If you are fortunate the reset will get it working again. If it decides to display no music then what's probably happened is the database file on the ipod has become corrupt. If you use Anapod and possibly other utilities they may be able to repair it. If not then you will need to reload the music back onto it. The music files ARE there, but the iPod does not see them.
It's a real pain in the **** and I wish Apple had the common sense to have a rebuild and/or backup/restore database option for the ipod as it would prevent you from having to completely reload the iPod, and which if you have a lot of music can take some time.
Old 09 December 2007, 07:17 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Happened to me the day I went on holiday and had no music for 10 days, I was pig sick. You'll have to leave it over night until the battery dies, charge it up, when youve done that switch it to hold and back off again within a second, hold the menu and centre button together for approx 6 seconds and you'll give it a hard reboot. if it still doesnt workt he HDD is jammed, do the above but when the ipod boots up take yout fingers off menu and the middle button and then hold play and the middle button for another 6 seconds and you'll force the HDD to boot.

HTH's
You feckin star Dave!! Menu and centre button for 6 secs, and it resets. I didn't have to let the batt run down, and I've lost nowt.

Cheers fella!