Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Need to lose 2 stone

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2007, 09:07 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to lose 2 stone

OK, I know that there is no substitute for burning more calories than you eat, however it's not that easy in the real world and most of my willpower has been used up on giving up smokng (6 months now).

I reckon I need to eat breakfast (which I don't currently do), but not sure which one. I'm really sensitive to how much sugar/processed carbs so if I go nuts to early in the day, I'll be crashing like a diabetic come 4pm so I need to think about GI type stuff. What's healthy but doesn't taste like cardboard?

Secondly, for lunch I normally have some kind of sarnie: a big barm cake/batch/bap/roll depending on where you live in the country with marg, meat, loads of salad and salad cream. Obviously the marg and salad cream have to go and I'm going to stick to turkey and chicken. But, here's the kicker, I normally have 2 bags of crisps (crisps are my achilles heel when it comes to dieting). I need to replace them with a healthier option. I crave savoury foods, so fruits out as a substitute, Snack-a-jacks are bloody awful so has anyone got a suggestion for anything else?

For my evening meal, I'm going to half my portions as I eat way too much (thanks to my mother, I can't leave food on my plate).

I'll also be cutting out most of the 2 pints a day of full fat milk. I won't switch to semi-skimmed because it's the devil's spunk but I will cut the 2 sugars out of my coffee.

So this thread is half "advice wanted", half "here's how I'm doing". Feel free to support/abuse/ignore

I'll post my starting weight up after Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
Old 04 December 2007, 09:12 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Cut back on the dairy increase the bran and cut down the beers to 1 a day ( you forgot to tel us about this) and walk up the stairs

youll be fine
Old 04 December 2007, 09:19 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Rev, you should try Donna's diet, she managed to lose a whole stone in less than two hours

Although that two hours was actually classed as labour and not excercise
Old 04 December 2007, 09:24 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Stop the sandwiches, cut out the bread IMO. I have started to eat sushi (lots of rice), and thick soups from my deli, instead of dipping bread in it, try Ryvita.... ok ok ok, yes, at first it looks, tastes, and IS cardboard, but there are different varieties, so try them out. Try wraps instead of bread if you can't handle the above... but try it!

That's what I do at lunchtimes. For breakfast I eat Special K with red berries... believe me, after a while it's just something you do and it tastes ok . You just have to condition yourself.

I actually look forward to Ryvita soaked in soup... or the really low fat super noodles, they taste good.

I enjoy fruit, so I buy apples and pears to munch on, drink as much water as you can, and chew gum for boredom.

Dinner/Supper is a normal affair, just eating sensibly. You know what's bad for you, so do what you have to, and take out the rest.

John
(I drink far too much beer)
(I gave up smokes 5 months ago )

Good Luck!!
Old 04 December 2007, 09:24 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

cut out all tea, coffee & fizzy drinks during the day and drink water instead.
Water fills you up, contains no calories at all and you cannot drink too much of it.
astraboy.
Old 04 December 2007, 09:25 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

LMAO Sonic'

I've lost a stone in the last two months by cutting out crisps (you don't know how hard that was for me), having breakfast (Frosties no big deal), smaller portion sizes for evening meals, and smaller lunches. For lunch I'll have one roll or a 300cal M&S sandwich and a low fat packet of crisps (Quavers, French fries). Evening I'll still have treats like pizza, just a slice rather than the whole thing .

I have also taken up the cross trainer 2-3 times a week (half hour), and still go out on the lash Friday.

I know the weight loss will slow, but if I can do another half stone before the new year and another stone in 2008 I'll be chuffed to bits!.
Old 04 December 2007, 09:35 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
I'll also be cutting out most of the 2 pints a day of full fat milk. I won't switch to semi-skimmed because it's the devil's spunk but I will cut the 2 sugars out of my coffee.
Jesus Rev, you still have full fat milk I've been on skimmed and sweeteners for my coffee for fcking years.... just smelling full fat and I feel sick, tasting semi-skimmed = bleurg!

If you can stop the tabs, you can do anything!

Although I have to admit, I lost a stone and a bit before I gave up tabs, (I hit a fairly slim 12st 3lbs) and 5 months on and my tyre is getting bigger, gained 1/2 st.... but I'm blaming the Stella for most of that

Liposuction is the answer!
Old 04 December 2007, 09:40 PM
Ms Gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I tried Weight Watchers for a while - the whole points thing works for some. I'm pretty OK with knowing how the body works - basically - if you try to starve it - your body will just store everything when you DO eat - so thats a nono.
Eating breakfast would be the first step. cut out fizzy drinks i.e. coke etc. I cut down from 3 sugars in tea - to 2 sugars and semi skinned milk and that made LOADS of difference! But i do only drink 1-2 cups of tea a day.
try snaking on fruit or beg (boring I know, but it all helps).
DON'T eat after 8pm! (or else you turn into a gremlin LMAO)
Try to exercise - even going for a walk if your not one for the gym!
Good luck - keep us all posted.
Old 04 December 2007, 09:42 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Would recommend lighterlife, but seems you dont have far to go, so no need for drastic measures.

I have done coming up for 3 stone in 4 weeks now

Breakfast is a must, carbs before lunchtime, treats before 4, low or zero carb for tea, and nothing after 8 (for the average working person)
Old 04 December 2007, 09:46 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I've dropped nearly two stone in 6 weeks.

been on a diet that is really easy and is pretty simple to be honest, not suffered at all and you dont need to

I've had over 10 people PM me requesting my advice, if a fat ****** like me can do it - anyone can.
Old 04 December 2007, 09:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not exactly wasting away either, but eating loads of fruit helps, and go for a walk at lunchtime if possible.

Soup as has been mentioned, just boil some veg up, blend it, eat it, you can eat as much as you want, its filling and not fattening.
Old 04 December 2007, 09:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Chief

been on a diet that is really easy and is pretty simple to be honest, not suffered at all and you dont need to

I've had over 10 people PM me requesting my advice, if a fat ****** like me can do it - anyone can.
Does it involve stomach staples ?
Old 04 December 2007, 10:18 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Does it involve stomach staples ?
My sister put me on it who is a fitness freak and weighs in at 8 stone.

her bloke used to be 18 stone and is now a trim 13 stone and has kept it off.

i also do the gym 3 times a week and a bit of walking, but the diet has been the main thing, i can honestly say i've not felt this good in years
Old 04 December 2007, 10:24 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

OK, weighed myself for the first time in months. 15st 12lb. Bearing in mind I'm just under 6ft, that's getting a bit silly!

My official target weight is 13st 7lb.

Thanks for the advice. Chief, send me your diet, that sounds ideal!

Just to answer a few points:

1) I don't drink a lot, I can go weeks without a beer and then I go out once a month/6 weeks and binge drink

2) I look more pregnant than Donna ever did

3) I quite like Ryvita
Old 04 December 2007, 10:51 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

feckin hell mate the way you were going on you made it sound you were a right fat ****! jesus i'd give anything to be sixteen stone

What sort of muscle mass do you carry? for insrtance i had a 36 waist at 16.5 stone! or have you just got a bit of stubborn fat?

thing is mate your not far off your target, id just say cut out all your processed foods including white bread (there are 400 cals in 2 pieces of buttered toast) and replace with wholemeal pittas, if you must have bread have Bergen or Nimble. have skimmed milk with canderel - this saves loads.

cut out chocolate, cakes sugary stuff - if you have a sweet tooth have something like a Muller light.

Eat as clean as possible, go easy on the red meat, and replace with skinless chicken breast, salmon is ok.

I even have a cooked brekkie on Saturday i.e. low cal bake beans, tomatoes, tons of mushrooms, 1 poached egg and i replace fatty bacon with turkey rashers - trust me its not as bad as it sounds!!!

The biggest thing that helps is excercise, i hammer the gym 3 times a week but i hate doing cardio i'm more of a weights guy so i spend 20 minutes 3 times a week walking around the block a couple of times.

Ok i'll give you an example of what i eat now a day.

Breakfast: Big bowl of branflakes.

10am banana

Lunch, Salad with Tuna or a chicken breast with fajita seasoning and a banana or sometimes a baked potatoe with tuna - if you want slad cream get low fat.

If i'm hungry at 3pm or before the gym i'll have another banana (keeps the energy levels up)

dinner I'll have a baked potatoe with tons of green beans, broccholi, cauliflower - veg basically. with chicken breast or grilled salmon.

Chicken or turkey wraps, 2 wraps (wholemeal) Turkey, onion, mushrooms, peppers. i normally sprinkle on chicken fajita seasoning that i get from costco then spray my pan with spray light do the turkey/chicken, then sprinkle with seasoning then after golden brown chuck in the mushrooms onions and peppers cook and then stick them on your wraps.

if you want to turn the above into a nice balti curry, cut the turkey up into cubes, get 6 baby potatoes quarter them, and part boil them, cook the turkey as above but obviously dont add seasoning, but add a tin of chopped tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions and when they are part done the potatoes. chuck in a tablespoon of ginger and a teasoon (or to taste) garlic (lazy garlic) then two table spoons of curry paste and leave until the potatoes are soft.

serve with pitta bread and half a cup of wholemeal rice - if you cant stand whoalmeal rice and a lot cant have basmati rice as this is loads better than plain old white rice.

A nice soup would be carrot and coriander, This is really thick and you can have as much as you want. get 2 pints of vegatble stock, chop up a kilo of carrots, an large onion and some coriander. Boil until the carrots are soft then blend with a hand blender. until nice and thick. store it and just microwave it when you are peckish, i stick pepper in it for a bit of a kick.

if you like chips instead of rice then get a potatoe and cut into wedges spray with spray light and stick in the oven until golden brown - lovely

just like big fat chips me mum used to make

it really is easier than you think

of course i miss my bacon butties everyday and chocolate as well as my warbys toast with loads of butter but its not too bad - i'm used to it now.
Old 05 December 2007, 07:53 AM
Reality
BANNED

OK, weighed myself for the first time in months. 15st 12lb. Bearing in mind I'm just under 6ft, that's getting a bit silly!
You need to put on some weight - you must look like a weed .

Cut out the full fat milk.

You'll be suprised at just how dreadfull full fat milk tastes once you've had semi skimmed for a while.

I honestly think I would puke if i tried to drink a small glass of full fat milk.

Skimmed milk - now that's pish

ps I reckon I could lose almost 2 stone going for a dump
Old 05 December 2007, 08:12 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
You need to put on some weight - you must look like a weed .

Cut out the full fat milk.
Agreed

Skimmed milk - now that's pish
Tasted awful at first, but i dont drinkit anymore and just have it on my cereal and in my brews - not too bad after a week or so, honest
Old 05 December 2007, 08:15 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I ain't giving up full fat milk

Besides, it's only 4% fat, there's plenty of foods call themselves low fat at that level
Old 05 December 2007, 08:17 AM
Reality
BANNED

Tasted awful at first, but i dont drinkit anymore and just have it on my cereal and in my brews - not too bad after a week or so, honest
I sooner have James Blunt's lovechild than drink skimmed milk
Old 05 December 2007, 08:18 AM
Reality
BANNED

I ain't giving up full fat milk

Besides, it's only 4% fat, there's plenty of foods call themselves low fat at that level
FATTY
Old 05 December 2007, 08:27 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I have been losing a pound a month since June on the Abdabzplan diet
Fruit for breakfast - apple and or bananananana
1 normal size roll with ham or the likes in it and a bag of lower calorie crisps for lunch (quavers / french fries / squares)...
Bananananana for afternoon snack and a non takeaway tea (chips/rice and meat and veg etc...All fairly normal stuff...

Throw in 2 x 6k runs after work in the week and a weekend 15mile bike ride (weather permitting) and that's it...(except if training for bigger events)
Cholesterol is falling, weight is falling, blood pressure is getting better and some of my clothes are getting baggy
The best bit is, I still get to drink 20 pints of beer a week

So it doesnt need to be expensive, it doesnt need gyms, diet books, personal trainers or sesame seeds.
Good luck chubs
Old 05 December 2007, 08:33 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

I used to be a blue full fat milk drinker, switched to the green semi skimmed and wouldn't go back now. Blue full fat, just tates like cream to me now.

Red skimmed, is just white water. Dreadful.

You need to ditch the full fat mate, the semi skimmed after a while will win you over
Old 05 December 2007, 08:37 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

In medical terms you are obese with a BMI of 31, giving your height at say 5'11 and 222lbs

BMI scale is as you'll know a lot of rubbish though as the whole england rugby team would be morbidly obese
Old 05 December 2007, 08:39 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPL
chew gum for boredom.

!!
chewing gum always makes me hungry, its like my stomach knows i`m chewing and gets impatient waiting for the food to come down the shoot
Old 05 December 2007, 08:58 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Remove wheat & dairy from your diet (or minimise it)

Job done

And as for you saying you won't give up full fat milk

It's like anything, you'll soon get used to the change in taste and won't know the difference.

If you've given up smoking then this will be a walk in the park

Good luck and get more exercise
Old 05 December 2007, 09:33 AM
Chip Sencurry
BANNED

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I have been losing a pound a month since June
weight is falling
Now that's what I call commitment, drastic weightloss, son

on the Abdabzplan diet
Old 05 December 2007, 09:46 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

the way I look at full fat milk is that it is milk with jizz on top. Stopped me drinking it but maybe you like that

Always, always, always have breakfast. Ive lost just over 3 stone now since june, never used to bother with breakfast but it does regulate the way your body works during the day. I also started to eat 5 meals a day with smaller portions so I was always full and the body always had an energy source. I still eat crap as well pizza curries etc etc but its all about moderation. As mentioned above as well, do drink plenty of water, it gives you energy and does make you feel full so you dont eat as much. Few weeks of that and your stomach will get smaller so you will feel full faster still
Old 05 December 2007, 09:54 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

GET THE INFO POSTED UP
Old 05 December 2007, 10:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Chip Sencurry
Now that's what I call commitment, drastic weightloss, son

Its pretty reasonable if hes not fibbing about teh lagers
Old 05 December 2007, 10:13 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

OK, I know that there is no substitute for burning more calories than you eat, however it's not that easy in the real world and most of my willpower has been used up on giving up smokng (6 months now).

I reckon I need to eat breakfast (which I don't currently do), but not sure which one. I'm really sensitive to how much sugar/processed carbs so if I go nuts to early in the day, I'll be crashing like a diabetic come 4pm so I need to think about GI type stuff. What's healthy but doesn't taste like cardboard?

Secondly, for lunch I normally have some kind of sarnie: a big barm cake/batch/bap/roll depending on where you live in the country with marg, meat, loads of salad and salad cream. Obviously the marg and salad cream have to go and I'm going to stick to turkey and chicken. But, here's the kicker, I normally have 2 bags of crisps (crisps are my achilles heel when it comes to dieting). I need to replace them with a healthier option. I crave savoury foods, so fruits out as a substitute, Snack-a-jacks are bloody awful so has anyone got a suggestion for anything else?

For my evening meal, I'm going to half my portions as I eat way too much (thanks to my mother, I can't leave food on my plate).

So this thread is half "advice wanted", half "here's how I'm doing". Feel free to support/abuse/ignore

I'll post my starting weight up after Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares
You're on a loser already with that crap attitude. make sure you do an hour a day of some form of exercise be it CV or weights based. Easy to do. Cut of watching **** Tv for an hour.

As for the diet I'd cut out bread as much as you can. full of carbs you don't need in an office job.

breakfast... scrabbled eggs with plum toms or small tin of beans.

lunch. cook stuff on a night to bring in. chicken with some rice. get rid of the sarnies. eating crisps is just being fat. no need for any snack sort of food.

evening meal. ditch the take aways and get cooking a decent meal with fish or chicken and veg.

You're fat because you're lazy in your approach to food and exercise. It's about changing your mentality to it. Once you do and see some results you will gain massive motivation from it and wonder why you were how you are now.

Quick Reply: Need to lose 2 stone