Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CAMERA DETECTORS

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2007, 10:24 PM
jaya
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAMERA DETECTORS

im looking out to buy one,read some reviews on the internet.first was snooper saphire,but the review said they are rubbish at picking up mobile cameras,and problems with connecting to pc for updates.then looked at TDS tr30 lite.perfect but no good for me as it is not portable from vehicle to vehicle..so now im looking at the new road angel plus..it will be used mainly for work.does any one have any recomendations or anyone using a road angel plus at present,what are they like for picking up mobile cameras etc..
Old 29 November 2007, 12:23 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

the new origin b2 is the answer. Pogo Alert
Old 29 November 2007, 08:31 AM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Or just buy a B2, alert is ugly. They will detect mobile but it's probably too late.
Old 29 November 2007, 10:48 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

my speeed detector history

Origin b2
temp use of a road angel
to a tr30
to a Snooper Syrius (sapphire with maps as well)
and now I have gone back to origin with the pogoalert

preference -- both the origin were better thought out, customer service is a1 (so was the service for the tr30, and they do a portable version as well) - I prefer the pogoalert, it is an updated version of the b2 and does the job better than the others - all IMHO

Dave.
Old 29 November 2007, 09:37 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

My wife's car has a B2 fitted to it, and as a GPS type detector it's pretty good.
However my Subaru has a BEL radar detector fitted and without a doubt it's far better.

The way I looked at it was for normal everyday driving I know the locations of all local fixed cameras, so the B2 is off no great advantage.
What I don't know is where the speed camera vans and motorbikes are going to be, and the Bel picks these up long before the B2 can.

People will say that once you've picked it up anyway it's too late. Rubbish. They still scatter their signal and the Bel can pick that up through cars in front and long before the camera van can get a reading from your car.
It has a usable range for lasers of more than 3/4 mile and probably closer to 1 mile, but a laser gun can only read a maximum of 999m.

The down side is that these radar detectores may be banned in the future, but they've been talking about doing that since 2003 now.
Old 30 November 2007, 11:03 PM
jaya
Scooby Regular

cheers for info,i went down to halfords to have a look.they had snooper and road angel plus,the guy their said similar thing about these devices with laser being banned,also said the road angel is one of few that can still pick up laser guns.which is what i need,them vans are hidden everywhere...the road angel has been reduced by 50 quid at halfords,but will look up that bell one and b2.was just decideing cuz ive always been ok without one but,its just getting crazy now with all these cameras ...
Old 02 December 2007, 12:07 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The Snooper will pick up Lasers as well, but generally it will always be too late with all of them.

Les