Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Credit cards and late charging...

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2007, 06:35 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Credit cards and late charging...

**** wipes !
Got 2 letters from my CC yesterday stating due to an "error" they had not charged me a total of £160 spent in the USA back in July, and now needed to do so.

To top it off, im right on the limit of my card right now til payday on the 17th, so if they charge me I go over my limit....

How much notice have they given me?? They are 4 months late.... they have given me 7 days notice!

I know I spent the money, but I just think its pretty poor of them.
Old 28 November 2007, 08:50 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Ask for an increase to your credit limit to cover their error. In the past I've had charges repaid. Remain polite and reasonable is the main thing I find works. Going in an full tilt, both barrels blazing rarely gets results with customer service representatives. Worked in th esummer with a parking ticket for me too..
Old 28 November 2007, 09:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by s70rjw
Ask for an increase to your credit limit to cover their error. In the past I've had charges repaid. Remain polite and reasonable is the main thing I find works. Going in an full tilt, both barrels blazing rarely gets results with customer service representatives. Worked in th esummer with a parking ticket for me too..
Fair comment and suggestion mate, never thought of that.
Idea is to pay it off and get rid now tbh, but I like the idea

I am always reasonable with people in matters like this, have to agree, there is no point in getting all shirty about it.
Old 28 November 2007, 10:40 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Although it won't help here, it has to be worth taking a look at what you're spending if you're on the limit of your card and cant afford £160. It could well help in the future.
Old 28 November 2007, 11:01 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RB5_245
Although it won't help here, it has to be worth taking a look at what you're spending if you're on the limit of your card and cant afford £160. It could well help in the future.
His limit might be £200

I'd say call them and explain that its their mistake and you're not willing to pay any extra charges !
Old 29 November 2007, 10:19 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5_245
The money was spent in the USA 4 months ago. After 2 months of getting back from the USA I would have hoped all charges made to the card out there would be accounted for. Apparently not. The card was not on its limit out there, and has been used regularly many times for the past 4 months.

Some people are **** about it and tot up every receipt at the end of the month. I am stupid and just trust the companies to keep their affairs in check.

I was not on the limit at the time of the spend, and would not have tried to spend 160 quid had I been. I think you misunderstand.

Pimmo, far from it, im in for more than that lol.
Old 29 November 2007, 10:30 AM
vega
Scooby Regular

As above give them a call and explain they should refund the overlimit fee as a one off.

All the banks have joined together and are currently refusing the mass claims of getting back previous charges until an FSA investigation has finished
Old 29 November 2007, 12:20 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snazy

Pimmo, far from it, im in for more than that lol.
shhh