Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rubbish bin rant

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2007, 11:56 AM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Rubbish bin rant

Now, i have just moved into a new house,where i used to live u could pile a bloody car into your wheelie bin,as long as it wasnt too heavy it got taken,only 4 miles from my new home.

now,its a better area where i live now,cool,so i dont overflow the bin, out a bag next to wheelie bin etc,but, my bindidnt get taken today, because it was about 6 inches from closing properly,only because the bag i las tput in had a fair bit of air in it, i just put it in,didnt really think,missus just phoned me saying we have a sticker on the bin wafflin on and warnin court action etc, madness !!

now,if i had put a bag on top and the lid was pointing sky hi then fair enough, livid !!!

wish id stayed in the scuffy area now !!

rant over.
Old 26 November 2007, 12:06 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Pop the bin in the back of your car tonite and deposit rubbish onto town hall steps.

You'll probabaly get a fine for fly-tipping, but hey, you'll feel better.

Our council do this too. then if you climb in the bin and stamp the rubbish down, it is likely to stick and only half of it comes out.

Crap service. they're softening you up for "Pay as you throw" which is what Lying Labour want next:*

Alcazar
Old 26 November 2007, 01:20 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
they're softening you up for "Pay as you throw" which is what Lying Labour want next:*
Alcazar
I can't see this happening to be honest as it will no doubt lead to fly-tipping.
There are only 2 people living in my house and we have 3 bins + paper bag. All bins except the bottle bin are about full by the time collection is due.
So I can imagine larger families struggle to shut their lids or indeed have the capacity they need between collections.

Nick
Old 26 November 2007, 01:27 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

How come?

There's only two of us in my house too, and we have a green bin (ironically for non-recyclable waste), and a blue one for plastics, cans and paper. We save up glass bottles and jars and take them to the bottle bank about once a month.

By collection time, though, the bins are barely half full. So what are your bins full of that mine aren't?
Old 26 November 2007, 01:34 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If you've got a decent sized garden, compost the veg waste, get a waste disposal for all the cooked left overs and then burn anything flamable in an incinerator. That doesn't leave much to put in the bin then!
Old 26 November 2007, 02:57 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

If you've got a decent sized garden, compost the veg waste, get a waste disposal for all the cooked left overs and then burn anything flamable in an incinerator. That doesn't leave much to put in the bin then!
Yeah, thats a good idea, lets all go buy an incinerator and a waste disposal machine!! and still pay a sky high council tax.

Missus - "Whats that thing in the utility room"

Me - "Thats the new incinerantor 4000 darling"

Old 26 November 2007, 03:01 PM
nooobyscooby
Scooby Regular

Typical government - the more we pay, the less we get, and the more we pay the bigger wage rises they give themselves AND they get gold-plated pensions. UP THE REVOLUTION!

Trending Topics

Old 26 November 2007, 03:03 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

im all for recycling, have been for ages,especially since we moved,been town the tip alot putting stuff in the recycling areas etc, bu ti mean, if you push down on my bin lid, it closes, its only the air etc that stops it closing properly unless,which i will tonight,burst the air pockets and put it back out next week, with a note on it telling them i fuuucked their mothers with my white ***.

theres being a jobsworth and theres being proper and knowin the difference between an overful bin and one that isnt,just poorly packed.
Old 26 November 2007, 03:38 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
How come?
I'm doing lots to my house at the moment, buying new bits and bobs, hence generating more waste than usual. Bins are adequate for us if I didn't make it clear in my first post.
Garden waste bin is taking a pounding as the leaves falling from my trees are keeping it full. Also, we put cardboard in that one.
Blue (bottles) only gets a quarter full but will fill up next Sunday as we're having party on Saturday!
Black - as mentioned lots of waste due to surplus equipment coming from house.
I've no probs with recycling. Happy as larry!

Nick
Old 26 November 2007, 03:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

We have THREE bins, (green one for landfill waste, brown one for veg waste, grass clippings etc anything compostable, and a maroon one for cardboard and certain types of plastic).

Then we have two "Kerbside recycling boxes", a green one for tin cans and bottles and a blue one for paper.

We still mange to fill our bins, but they only get emptied every alternate week now

And while I'm on "recycling", yesterday I took several doorcards out of an Ibiza to my local "Recycling centre". They were clearly marked with the type of plastic and so on, but they declined to take them and told me to put them in the landfill skip

Alcazar
Old 26 November 2007, 03:49 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

you should think yourselves lucky, we have 2 yes 2 grey wheelie bins for the 10 apartments in our block and they are emptied every 2 weeks. These are not monster bins, they are the same size as the ones you get per household.
Old 26 November 2007, 04:25 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Give the bloody bin men a break will ya

Do you realise what a job they have to do? Start at 6 in the morning and quite often these days they're not back at the depot until 11 which could mean they're late for their second jobs. And they have to cope with different coloured lids etc, not easy when all you have is a degree in media studies.

You've got a garden with a fence haven't you? Well just sling any excess over your fence. Job done. Then problem moves from Environmental Health to Parks & Recreation or possibly Highways then they can all take it easy.

Anyway they'll be around to wish you a Happy Christmas soon so that's the time to have a moan. Note coins are frowned upon by big 'Arry and his mates.

dl
Old 26 November 2007, 04:37 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local recycling collectors take the ****, they are so ****ing picky so I dont bother now! Screw the planet!

Same with rubbish if they even "think" there is something in there that shouldnt be, i.e. the bag is heavy or sounds like theres metal in there, they just stick a label on it and leave it..
Old 26 November 2007, 05:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Same with rubbish if they even "think" there is something in there that shouldnt be, i.e. the bag is heavy or sounds like theres metal in there, they just stick a label on it and leave it..
Which brings me neatly back to my suggestion: Dead of night> rubbish> town hall steps. They'll soon get the message

Alcazar
Old 26 November 2007, 05:59 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

We have THREE bins, (green one for landfill waste, brown one for veg waste, grass clippings etc anything compostable, and a maroon one for cardboard and certain types of plastic).

Then we have two "Kerbside recycling boxes", a green one for tin cans and bottles and a blue one for paper.

We still mange to fill our bins, but they only get emptied every alternate week now

And while I'm on "recycling", yesterday I took several doorcards out of an Ibiza to my local "Recycling centre". They were clearly marked with the type of plastic and so on, but they declined to take them and told me to put them in the landfill skip

Alcazar
same here dear boy. me and nat are the only occupants in my house, and we have about eleventeen bins to play with.

hardly ever use the brown bin as we hate gardening, the red bin seems to fill quickly as we eat processed rubbish in packaging , and the green bin seems to fill up every 3/4 weeks.
Old 27 November 2007, 12:52 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Before they changed the rules here with regards to recycling we used to have

7 bins for household plastic, (Yes there are 7 different grades of household plastic!!) and god help you if you get it wrong!!
1 bin for paper
1 bin for cardboard
1 bin for waste food and bio
1 bin for glass
1 bin for cans Magnetic
1 bin for cans non magnetic
1 bin for everything else not in the above catagories.

And you had to provide all these bins yourself and pay for the bin with none of the above in to be collected every fortnight.

So stop your whinging about only having 2 wheelie bins or having to recycle.
Old 27 November 2007, 01:46 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which brings me neatly back to my suggestion: Dead of night> rubbish> town hall steps. They'll soon get the message

Alcazar
Genius

I'm actually starting to wonder what I pay my council tax for these days.. I dont have kids so no schools required, I havent used a hospital for about 10 years, I dont call the police as its a waste of time and the bin men seem to pick and choose when they want to take my rubbish? Oh and the roads are full of pot holes.

£146/month to live in a 2 bedroom shoebox!
Old 27 November 2007, 04:29 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Genius

I'm actually starting to wonder what I pay my council tax for these days.. I dont have kids so no schools required, I havent used a hospital for about 10 years, I dont call the police as its a waste of time and the bin men seem to pick and choose when they want to take my rubbish? Oh and the roads are full of pot holes.

£146/month to live in a 2 bedroom shoebox!

Exactly the same here,don't use any of the so called 'services' that are 'supposedly' there for us to use but get taxed to buggery and jobsworths doing this kind of thing.

No wonder everybody moans these days,we pay more for a lot less.

Then you get the bloody immigrants putting the wrong stuff in the wrong bins and just leave it out on the street cos it aint been emptied. There's a bin around the corner from me that's been out for over 6 months because of this,complaining to the council doesn't help either.

Old 27 November 2007, 04:48 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Where we live they only take away green waste in the specific bin bags that you have to buy! Even then they didn't take my leaves away

All our council provides is a small box for paper and thats it recycle-wise, they won't take bottles, cans, plastic etc
Old 27 November 2007, 06:21 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by David Lock
Give the bloody bin men a break will ya

Do you realise what a job they have to do? Start at 6 in the morning and quite often these days they're not back at the depot until 11 which could mean they're late for their second jobs. And they have to cope with different coloured lids etc, not easy when all you have is a degree in media studies.

You've got a garden with a fence haven't you? Well just sling any excess over your fence. Job done. Then problem moves from Environmental Health to Parks & Recreation or possibly Highways then they can all take it easy.

Anyway they'll be around to wish you a Happy Christmas soon so that's the time to have a moan. Note coins are frowned upon by big 'Arry and his mates.

dl
Well said David The binmen have really been taking the **** with me a lately. Three consecutive weeks they didn't collect my rubbish! I don't know why. Maybe I didn't tip them quite enough last year! Anyhow I got the buggers back, I get on well with my neighbours so left my rubbish in their bins (black old type bins). I spread it out over three of my neigbours so every time the w@nkers didn't take my rubbish on collection day (Monday) they inadvertantly took it the next time. I also rang the Enviromental waste service and explained that rubbish wasn't being collected. I did this yesterday as it was collection day and they hadn't collected again. I came home today to find that they had been back and taken all the rubbish. The only tip they'll get from me this year is to not eat yellow snow!
Old 27 November 2007, 07:10 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

The only time our bin men didn't take something was when they discovered the marble and plaster fireplace I'd broken up and put in the wheelie bin. They took out some of the heavier peices and left the rest. I just bunged the bits back in the bin and piled normal rubbish on top so they couldn't see it and they took it the next week
Old 27 November 2007, 07:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Before they changed the rules here with regards to recycling we used to have

7 bins for household plastic, (Yes there are 7 different grades of household plastic!!) and god help you if you get it wrong!!
1 bin for paper
1 bin for cardboard
1 bin for waste food and bio
1 bin for glass
1 bin for cans Magnetic
1 bin for cans non magnetic
1 bin for everything else not in the above catagories.

And you had to provide all these bins yourself and pay for the bin with none of the above in to be collected every fortnight.

So stop your whinging about only having 2 wheelie bins or having to recycle.
  • how much is your council tax?
  • how much is your road tax?
  • how much is your petrol?
  • how fast are your speed limits?
now stop your whinging about only have 57 bins to recycle with
Old 27 November 2007, 07:30 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

What really annoys me is, I have one green recycling tub. For which I have to place, plastic, glass and aluminium in.

With having a family, I find that I am personally recycling a large percentage of it myself.

Therefore, I am using my car, therefore creating atmospheric gasses which are harming the environment.

Do they really want us to go GREEN?

On this evidence, NO

Rant Over

Ant

(PS I am paying council tax to recycle my own waste, go figure)
Old 27 November 2007, 08:03 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

What I want to know is................

When I was a kid, living at home with my parents, we used to have one dustbin full of rubbish a week, for a family of five. There are now two of us, and we used to have one bin full a week. Now, we have a black wheelie, a green wheelie, a black box for papers, a green box for plastic/ tins and another black basket thingy for bottles. These bins take up all the room outside our back door, and we're lucky enough to have a small space there! What about the people that haven't? When we look out of our back window, all we can see is a bleedin' green wheelie bin! How do old people manage to drag these bins out to the front of their house every week??
Old 27 November 2007, 08:31 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

0ur waste disposal technicians think they're more powerfull than god. If a fox tears open a bag thats it, it's left there to rot until it is re bagged
Old 27 November 2007, 08:47 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

And if they drop any plastic bottles/paper etc while they're emptying them, they don't pick it up, but just leave it blowing along the road!
Old 27 November 2007, 08:59 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by oldsplice
And if they drop any plastic bottles/paper etc while they're emptying them, they don't pick it up, but just leave it blowing along the road!
Don't get me started about that! I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and every bin day, all the **** they have dropped whilst emptying the bins ends up getting carried by the wind ending up at the side of my house I then have to pick up all the **** the useless ******* have dropped and put it in MY bin, then the clowns put a sticker on my bin warning me if the lid is slightly open again (about 4") they'll not empty it Think I'll keep all the rubbish they drop separate next time and shove it somewhere else when the bucket truck comes Swines!!!

Rant over
Old 27 November 2007, 09:00 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

......and breathe!..............
Old 27 November 2007, 09:04 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Don't get me started about that! I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and every bin day, all the **** they have dropped whilst emptying the bins ends up getting carried by the wind ending up at the side of my house I then have to pick up all the **** the useless ******* have dropped and put it in MY bin, then the clowns put a sticker on my bin warning me if the lid is slightly open again (about 4") they'll not empty it Think I'll keep all the rubbish they drop separate next time and shove it somewhere else when the bucket truck comes Swines!!!

Rant over
Hey up Tam Seems I'm not the only one who is more than a little peeved with our rubbish collecting operatives.
Old 27 November 2007, 09:04 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by oldsplice

......and breathe!..............
Just did, phew...... I was turning blue

Quick Reply: Rubbish bin rant