Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Job Centre Rant

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2007, 10:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Job Centre Rant

In all fairness I have never claimed and do understand how hard it must be for some people to have to claim in order to support themselves and their family.

Hard working proud people who have no other choice whilst they search for work !

However.. my brother is currently out of working having returned to the UK due to my dad being ill. He was the assist' manager of a local golf club and worked with some of the upper class

Anyway, we went to the job centre to try and find him a new job and the amount of people there in trackies and shoes.. together shouting about money they think they deserve.. well to be honest got me quite annoyed.

I'm only 25 but both myself and my partner work full time to support a small house in a crappy area!

My dad is 62 and works full time to live in a crappy area.. an area made crappy by the same scum that are complainin about money they get for free !!

Maybe its me just noticing this.. or me growing up.. but in my opinion if you go the job centre you look smart, you go in with the I'm going to get a job today attitude and you claim as a last option!

Sorry... rant over
Old 26 November 2007, 10:23 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our local Job centre employs bouncers to protect the staff.

Says it all really
Old 26 November 2007, 10:26 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I can still remember the faces of the joke centre staff from 20 years ago - im not surprised they need boucers bunch of useless tosssers imo
Old 26 November 2007, 10:57 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Our local Job centre employs bouncers to protect the staff.

Says it all really
Mine too !

Two on each counter it looks like
Old 26 November 2007, 11:56 AM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Yup 2 bouncers employed at our local job centre as well.Tracksuit wearing yobs turning up drunk at 11 am in the morning demanding crisis loans for this and that or else their baby will starve
Maybe if they did not blow all of their cash on tennants super strength beer and weed they would have money to feed and cloth their kids.

Worrying times for me as well as there is talk of redundancies at work Looks like I could be looking for a new job which looks practically impossible with all the poles around.
Old 26 November 2007, 12:17 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember when I was made redundant a few years ago. I calimed for a few weeks whilst I looked for a new job. When I went into the office to sign off and told them that I had a new job; the look on the workers faces, I thought that they were going to open a bottle of champaign!

Yeah, full of chav scum (well, nearly full there are a few decent people there).
Old 26 November 2007, 12:27 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Although my partner should go into the job centre to sign on to "pay" her stamp, she more or less refuses to go there.

Shes worked all her life and took time off to have our daughter. She then decided to start claiming when she began looking for work.

They wouldn't pay her a penny (this is what they said) to work out how much she was untitled to they went back a couple of years to see how much tax she'd paid. They used the year she had off to have our daughter and becuase she paid no tax in that year they wouldn't pay her.

Somewhat the same with income support. When we moved in together we had a house, both working but pregnant on £11K a year. I bought a house (had to lie to the bank manager to get it) as the right thing to do not just get my wife to say she was on her own and spounge a house of the government. We were awarded to maximum allowance. Our income rose sharply to a combined of £24K and we spent 4 years paying it all back - like we'd tried to rip them off????

Seriously, we as couple get a f*cking shocking deal out of the system and we do everything we can in the right way. My friend leave with his girlfriend rent free because she has a kiddy and he gets to go out and buy a brand new Renault R26 Clio and I have to sell my 7 year old Impreza becuase we have to make sure things like mortgages are paid. F8cking con!

On the subject of money grabbing, my wifes parents suck the nipple of the government coffers like theres no tomorrow. They are indeed both unwell but mostly self-inflicted.

However, the last visit we made, my wife mentioned that get free subscriptions in wales. Her old man was horrified and started spouting about "He" as in the englishman supporting the welsh. Had I not learnt a long time ago to hold my tongue, I would have pointed out I supported him by working my bottom off sweet FA.

Don't get me started on the system. Its a wag of bank!

Last edited by EddScott; 26 November 2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 26 November 2007, 06:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

indeed. im only 23, but after finishing college just beofre i tuned 18, i was straight at the agencies looking for summer work before uni.

got a job in a warehouse working nights, and never went to uni. was made redundant, and had to go on the dole (at 19) for three months while i applied for job after job.

in the end i found, applied and got a job on £7k a year more than what i was on. ok i hate it now, but it pays the bills.

those three months of being unemployed and claiming dole were the worst of my life. every other thursday at 8.50am i had to walk to the jobby (always tried to dress smart incase i fell lucky with an application), and all i saw was the local skeleton smack heads pissing it up with their "hoes" and screaming kids crammed into pushchairs.

it was sights like that, that made me more determined to find work and support myself, even at 19.

several times on visiting the jobby, i was threatened by the scum who were thinking as i dressed smart, i was too good to be there. not the case, simply have self pride.
Old 26 November 2007, 06:30 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
indeed. im only 23, but after finishing college just beofre i tuned 18, i was straight at the agencies looking for summer work before uni.

got a job in a warehouse working nights, and never went to uni. was made redundant, and had to go on the dole (at 19) for three months while i applied for job after job.

in the end i found, applied and got a job on £7k a year more than what i was on. ok i hate it now, but it pays the bills.

those three months of being unemployed and claiming dole were the worst of my life. every other thursday at 8.50am i had to walk to the jobby (always tried to dress smart incase i fell lucky with an application), and all i saw was the local skeleton smack heads pissing it up with their "hoes" and screaming kids crammed into pushchairs.

it was sights like that, that made me more determined to find work and support myself, even at 19.

several times on visiting the jobby, i was threatened by the scum who were thinking as i dressed smart, i was too good to be there. not the case, simply have self pride.
I hate my job but with the threat of redundancy looming it's made me realise how hard it is to get a job paying £20k+ around here. £5.51 an hour is not really a living wage. I would have to work 75 hours a week to pay my way at that rate.
Old 26 November 2007, 06:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blockmonke@fsmail.net
I hate my job but with the threat of redundancy looming it's made me realise how hard it is to get a job paying £20k+ around here. £5.51 an hour is not really a living wage. I would have to work 75 hours a week to pay my way at that rate.
thats it fella. im only on about £22k basic, plus flex overtime. for warehouse work in scun.thorpe, thats bloody good, considering other jobas are around £5.50-7.50 p/h.

my own fault for not going to uni and getting qualifications. love to know how the people on here get the £40-50k a year jobs... i want some of that

but back on topic, seems these low life survive comfortably on their "benifits", ie "free handouts"
Old 26 November 2007, 06:44 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

A free council house has got to be worth £450 a month, add to that child benefit and all the other benefits they know how to scam it's a pretty good living.

Also they do not have to worry about trivial things like car tax, mot or insurance
Old 26 November 2007, 06:54 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blockmonke@fsmail.net
A free council house has got to be worth £450 a month, add to that child benefit and all the other benefits they know how to scam it's a pretty good living.

Also they do not have to worry about trivial things like car tax, mot or insurance
Dont forget

1) Council Tax
2) Free Prescriptions
3) Legal Aid (lets them sue somebody as they are so hard done by)

sure theres more..
Old 26 November 2007, 06:57 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I was out of work for a period of time. First time I had ever entered a job centre and it takes a bit of getting used to.

I went through the motions of claiming but boy was it an experience and a half. The amount of red tape you have to go through is unbelievable, I wondered if it was really that difficult for genuine people to claim beneifts.

Safe to say by the time the I heard anything from the staff I had managed to secure some work. I gave the poor women an earful, explaining how they took so long that I had to loan money from friends to get through the 4 weeks they had me waiting and that I was no longer interested in their poor service.

Touch wood I will not be out of work again but my experience has really put me off from claiming benefits yet it is my right, I have been paying my taxes for years so I sould have some return on my investment
Old 26 November 2007, 07:03 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by finalzero
I was out of work for a period of time. First time I had ever entered a job centre and it takes a bit of getting used to.

I went through the motions of claiming but boy was it an experience and a half. The amount of red tape you have to go through is unbelievable, I wondered if it was really that difficult for genuine people to claim beneifts.

Safe to say by the time the I heard anything from the staff I had managed to secure some work. I gave the poor women an earful, explaining how they took so long that I had to loan money from friends to get through the 4 weeks they had me waiting and that I was no longer interested in their poor service.

Touch wood I will not be out of work again but my experience has really put me off from claiming benefits yet it is my right, I have been paying my taxes for years so I sould have some return on my investment

You had the wrong attitude You need to go in there off your head on drink or drugs demanding your right for benefits and screaming obscenities. Also dont forget your crisis loan for a new 50 inch plasma And don't act a mug and fll the forms in tell them you are illiterate and get them to do it.
Old 26 November 2007, 07:17 PM
Lisawrx

Don't get me started on benefits

I have no problem with a system, such as the dole being in place, as there are many genuine people, who may need this as a temporary measure, but this is exactly what it should be.

I have never tried to claim any sort of benefit, but I imagine, it is probably a hassle for those who don't know how to play the system. Make it a short term benefit, and if work hasn't been found after a set period of time, the monet stops, simple as that. It's about time people who use it for the whole of their life, get that source of money cut off.

Why should I work my *** off, for some to sit all day on theirs, pleasing themselves.

I will stop there, I can feel my blood boiling now.
Old 27 November 2007, 10:38 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Don't get me started on benefits

I have no problem with a system, such as the dole being in place, as there are many genuine people, who may need this as a temporary measure, but this is exactly what it should be.

I have never tried to claim any sort of benefit, but I imagine, it is probably a hassle for those who don't know how to play the system. Make it a short term benefit, and if work hasn't been found after a set period of time, the monet stops, simple as that. It's about time people who use it for the whole of their life, get that source of money cut off.

Why should I work my *** off, for some to sit all day on theirs, pleasing themselves.

I will stop there, I can feel my blood boiling now.
although I think it should be on a person to person basis. If someone is applying for all the jobs on offer and really, really trying I'm happy to support them through my tax... on that note I got a £400 bonues !! YAY £200 after TAX

and I never use that smilie
Old 27 November 2007, 10:55 PM
Lisawrx

I agree, if someone is really trying, I'm more than happy to support. That's why I say it should be a fairly short term benefit, as most genuine people will find a job reasonably promptly, as they don't want to be in the situation of claiming dole, and all that seems to go with it.

Make it a temporary benefit and it will help those it should be helping, while stopping those who want it as their life's income from abusing it, while we all pay for them to do so.

As for tax, I get a massive £15 a year allowance now for my uniform, which is taxed as it's added onto my pay, what the hell is that meant to get, over the course of year (we are only supplied with T-shirts)

Not to mention, the one bonus a year, of little over £100, is also on my pay,so also taxed.
Old 27 November 2007, 11:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For every 12 months worked, you are eligible for 6 months benefit. If you have never worked you get **** all simple as
Old 27 November 2007, 11:19 PM
Lisawrx

Only wish that was how it happened.
Old 27 November 2007, 11:40 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
although I think it should be on a person to person basis. If someone is applying for all the jobs on offer and really, really trying I'm happy to support them through my tax... on that note I got a £400 bonues !! YAY £200 after TAX

and I never use that smilie
and it cost your employer £444 to pay it, as they had to pay 11% NI. Effectively thats over 60% tax.
Old 27 November 2007, 11:44 PM
Lisawrx

Imagine how much could be saved in the long run, if we weren't all paying for people to sit and scrounge.

I won't go into a full on rant, but this subject is one that does make me really mad.
Old 28 November 2007, 12:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
For every 12 months worked, you are eligible for 6 months benefit. If you have never worked you get **** all simple as
I'm not sure if you're saying this is how it is or how it should be?

As school leavers can claim...
Old 28 November 2007, 12:48 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

The US has a system of allowing you 5 years worth of benefits claiming in your life, after that you get nothing. Seems fair enough (assuming incapcity benefit is separated out and properly policed - none of this "depression" nonsense)
Old 28 November 2007, 10:59 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
The US has a system of allowing you 5 years worth of benefits claiming in your life, after that you get nothing. Seems fair enough (assuming incapcity benefit is separated out and properly policed - none of this "depression" nonsense)
Incapacity is easily got for some and not for others.... depression, back pain... prove they havnt got it.

Me... fractured femur metal in my leg and claimed incapacity as it was all I was entitled to after my then husband walked out and wouldnt pay me a penny even though I had a child, because they said I wouldnt walk again ( yeah i know nice bloke) incapacity was stopped after 3 months as I wasnt entitled to it as I was fit for work, even though the had a letter from the hospital to say I was having my nail replaced the next day after the interview, asked them to give me job seekers then, they didnt because I wasnt fit for work... In the end I gave up... I was obviously not filling in the forms very well... and I had worked and paid tax and NI for 15 years previous... fair system? I dont think so

as for the ex.. I now have a new partner, a manual wrx, a 2 yr old new daughter and the partner has a business which means I dont have to work... who' slaughing now Im sure my ex loves his 1-6 astra to bits... just love dumping the gears as I drive past him as he works up the road and has to stand outside for a ***

Oh and Im walking lol

Last edited by girl-in-a-scoob; 28 November 2007 at 11:08 AM.