Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

F$%kin cat

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2007, 12:40 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F$%kin cat

Question for the cat lovers among you (I am not one of these).

Miss Terror has a cat, since moving to our new home I have been adamant the cat lives outside. He has shelter from the elements in a green house where his bed is raised from the ground to make it as comfortable as possible.

Miss Terror has been nagging me of late that it is too cold outside for the cat and it needs to be indoors. I am not inclined to back down, dont like cats, and I sure as hell am not having this thing in the house.

Question is when is it too cold to have leave a cat outside? much as I hate old furry bollox I dont want him to come to any harm.
Old 25 November 2007, 12:45 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Just get the air rifle out, blame it on the kids and problem solved, then you only have one ***** to worry about and keep warm
Old 25 November 2007, 12:55 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Let me make one thing clear. If its a choice between the cat and you, beleive me you'll be first out the door.
Dont mess with a laydee's cat, you'll come off worse.
astraboy.
Old 25 November 2007, 08:52 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I am not a cat fan especially but I would say it is cruel to leave one outside at night. dl
Old 25 November 2007, 09:02 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Amazing. On the one hand we have cat lovers who tell us they cannot be expected to control their cats as the cat is basically a wild animal, then we have people who think they can't stay out all night.

Alcazar
Old 25 November 2007, 09:10 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Whilst not a cat "lover" per say, I wouldn't like to see any harm come to one.

However, just because the cat is outside of your house, doesn't mean it won't find shelter in someone else's house.

I've always chuckled at the thought of cat "owners" thinking that their cat is loyal!

boot the thing out - it WILL go to another neighbour etc - just like it does for the many meals they have during the day.

Remember, the cat is a companion (note I didn't say "pet") when it suits them. Not the other way round.

Dan
Old 25 November 2007, 09:25 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on the cat.. does he like it outside or does he try to get in all the time ?

Some cats are loyal IMO... my sister has a cat that refuses to go out of eye shot of her when its outside! It watches her and if she goes back indoor it coming running !

I personally wouldnt leave it outside but I wouldnt leave a dog outside and some people do.. if the cat doesnt like it, it will leave !
Old 25 November 2007, 09:32 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Question for the cat lovers among you (I am not one of these).

Miss Terror has a cat, since moving to our new home I have been adamant the cat lives outside. He has shelter from the elements in a green house where his bed is raised from the ground to make it as comfortable as possible.

Miss Terror has been nagging me of late that it is too cold outside for the cat and it needs to be indoors. I am not inclined to back down, dont like cats, and I sure as hell am not having this thing in the house.

Question is when is it too cold to have leave a cat outside? much as I hate old furry bollox I dont want him to come to any harm.
It'll just end up 'moving house' itself. Bye bye puss.
Old 25 November 2007, 11:47 AM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i have 2 and they both live outside. but i do have a cat flap if they wont to come in
Old 25 November 2007, 12:35 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

My cat was very loyal, however her brother wasn't so loyal and did one about 6 months after I moved house and found a better house to live in
Old 25 November 2007, 12:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Try spending a winter's night in the greenhouse yourself and then see whether it is right to ill treat the cat.

Les
Old 25 November 2007, 01:04 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Miss Terror has a cat, since moving to our new home I have been adamant the cat lives outside.
Your missus is rolling you over and doing you dry. She knew the rules from the outset so have some back bone and stick to your guns otherwise it will be living in the house all year round... then it will be two cats...

3 years time you will have been chucked out, **** raped for your share of the house and the b!tch will be one of these crazy old hags that live with a pack of cats amongst faeces trodden carpets and the stench of p1ss.
Old 25 November 2007, 01:04 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

i have a cat that now leaves on my mums horse yard it has its own bed in the hay barn and loves living out side she goes off in the night and catches all sorts and she is about 16years old some cats can handle being out side all the time but some cant
Old 25 November 2007, 01:18 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Find the poor little sod a proper home if you don't want him. It's not fair on him if he's been used to living indoors until now.
Old 25 November 2007, 01:25 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Agree that the cat can start staying in the house tomorrow before it becomes really cold.You will now be the hero. Then go put a sleeping pill. in the cats food. When it is snoring away put it in the freezer overnight. Make sure you are up before the missus and get the cat and put it in it's bed in the greenhouse. When the missus gets up remind her that you said the cat could stay in the house and she should bring its bedding in. When she trots off to get it prepare yourself for the scream and run out to her. There will be crying and comforting for a while but the cat won't be staying in the house.

No, I'm not a cat lover either
Old 25 November 2007, 01:31 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

air rifles..freezers.. wtf are you lot on? its a cat, didnt do you any harm did it? joking or not its not big or clever. if anyone did anything like that to mine id gut them with a rusty knife. and id quite happilly do time for it as well
Old 25 November 2007, 01:34 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by borderlinechris
air rifles..freezers.. wtf are you lot on? its a cat, didnt do you any harm did it? joking or not its not big or clever. if anyone did anything like that to mine id gut them with a rusty knife. and id quite happilly do time for it as well
Agreed.
astraboy.
Old 25 November 2007, 02:14 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Leave it outside, they are wild animals, and as long as sufficiant shelter can be found, it will be fine.
Old 25 November 2007, 02:17 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark engers
Your missus is rolling you over and doing you dry. She knew the rules from the outset so have some back bone and stick to your guns otherwise it will be living in the house all year round... then it will be two cats...

3 years time you will have been chucked out, **** raped for your share of the house and the b!tch will be one of these crazy old hags that live with a pack of cats amongst faeces trodden carpets and the stench of p1ss.
Me man, me bring fire
Old 25 November 2007, 04:01 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Leave it outside, they are wild animals, and as long as sufficiant shelter can be found, it will be fine.
Wrong - how is a cat that has grown up in a domestic environment considered a wild animal? It may find shelter from rain etc, but its the cold thats the problem.

Domestic cats shouldn't be sleeping outside in winter temperatures. Let it inside, even if its shut in the conservatory/kitchen or something.
Old 25 November 2007, 04:01 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
Agree that the cat can start staying in the house tomorrow before it becomes really cold.You will now be the hero. Then go put a sleeping pill. in the cats food. When it is snoring away put it in the freezer overnight. Make sure you are up before the missus and get the cat and put it in it's bed in the greenhouse. When the missus gets up remind her that you said the cat could stay in the house and she should bring its bedding in. When she trots off to get it prepare yourself for the scream and run out to her. There will be crying and comforting for a while but the cat won't be staying in the house.

No, I'm not a cat lover either

Not a cat lover? But your are a thick ****!
Old 25 November 2007, 04:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are a pain when they are inside at night and a pain when outside, we regularly get woken by the wailing b4statrds.
Old 25 November 2007, 04:40 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

I's not so much the cold - they have this furry thing (unless it's a sphynx) which is a rather effective protection - but it's the fact that her cat is used to human company, and is deprived of that. It will feel stressed, and will possibly look for a better home after a while.

Can't you just live with the fact that the animal is already there, and maybe do a deal that Ms. Terror will not get another one later on ? You might not even notice it after a while.
Old 25 November 2007, 04:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by borderlinechris
You muppet, your allowed to comment on what was blatently a joke saying its not funny then in the next sentance mention gutting someone with a rusty knife??? :

You sir have just got the award for the most dunce internet user this week.

Shame fireworks night has already passed, he might have been lucky to have had a banger strapped to its back....

YES thats a joke too
Old 25 November 2007, 04:54 PM
03 plate sti 4 sale
Scooby Regular

Just leave the cat a nice bowl of milk mixed in with poly filler , i can guarentee no more cat
Old 25 November 2007, 05:00 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Great another cat thread!!!!!

They should all be kept in doors or securely outdoors IMO.

I help run our Residents Association and by far the biggest percentage of complaints is regarding Cats.

We have bylaws to limit the number of dogs, poultry and other pets but cats are classified as wild.
Some residents have taken this into their own hands and have been capturing cats and either taking them to the cats home or releasing them elsewhere and defending this by saying they can not be anyones pets if they are wild animals.

We only have a few problem families but they have multiple cats, one bungalow had 13 at one point.

Some will know from previous threads I've had to erect an electric fence around my pond, we no longer have any nesting birds around the garden and I do a daily shovel walk round the garden clearing crap up.
We are trying to get the local council to class multiple cat ownership as antisocial behaviour and our local councillors are backing us.

We'll see how it goes.

Cheers
Lee
Old 25 November 2007, 05:12 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 03 plate sti 4 sale
Just leave the cat a nice bowl of milk mixed in with poly filler , i can guarentee no more cat
I'm sure the cat would drink that too

Might as well leave a gun asking it to shoot its self
Old 25 November 2007, 06:41 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattN
Not a cat lover? But your are a thick ****!
Believing what you read on an internet forum marks you as being more of a thick **** than a person having a laugh. Just because my humour is darker than yours it in no way determins my level of intellect, you pillock. Get over yourself.
Old 25 November 2007, 08:04 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

we have a cat some nights its out and some its in, i think thats how cats are to be honest, they like to please themselves, we have a cat flap in the payhouse so it go's in there if its likes.

i had to laugh at a dog in sale water park this afternoon, it must have been 3'c today, and this dog was jumping in the water after a tennis ball, it wants its head examining. a dog will do things to please its owner a cat will only ever do what it wants.
Old 25 November 2007, 08:07 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Sorry, whilst wholly gruesome, I couldn't help but chuckle at that comment!!

Sorry

DAn

Originally Posted by 03 plate sti 4 sale

Quick Reply: F$%kin cat