Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jimmy Saville Jumped By Spec Thief

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2007, 07:09 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jimmy Saville Jumped By Spec Thief

Sir Jimmy Savile has revealed how he was "jumped" by a young woman who ran off with his trademark glasses.

The 81-year-old had been attending an awards ceremony at the Queens Hotel in Leeds city centre when the woman, whom he believed was in her early 20s, grabbed the pink-tinted spectacles.

Jimmy Saville and his glasses

Police said inquiries into the theft were ongoing, but the legendary DJ insisted he was not angry about the incident.
Sir Jimmy said: "I was walking down the corridor and this girl was overcome and jumped on me from the side and wrestled my John Lennon-style glasses off my head and legged it off down the corridor.
"I thought it was marvellous because I haven't been jumped on by a girl for nearly 50 years.
"If I ever find her, I'll buy her a box of chocolates."The celebrity said he was uninjured in the theft and blamed high spirits for the woman's actions.
He said: "I think that it was a mad impulse after we'd all had a good night. It was a moment of 'don't care' and I think the glasses will finish up on eBay."
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "We have had a report of a theft of a pair of glasses from a man at a hotel in the centre of Leeds on November 14. Inquiries are ongoing."
Old 18 November 2007, 12:11 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

81 years old