Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What's the easiest way to earn £50k a year?

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2007, 10:53 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the easiest way to earn £50k a year?

If you couldn't get a job but still wanted to earn good money, what would you do?

I reckon I'd try my hand at writing (if Jade Goody can sell a book then surely I can?) or maybe I'd figure out how spread betting actually works (I suspect if you do it right, it shouldn't empty my account quite as quickly as it has been doing )

Let's hear your ideas.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:00 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

You could try your hand at being a rent boy.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:00 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

They're both very hard ways of making £50k a year!
Old 13 November 2007, 11:05 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
They're both very hard ways of making £50k a year!
How do you know?
Old 13 November 2007, 11:08 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
You could try your hand at being a rent boy.
I said £50k, not 50p.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:09 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Become a self employed consultant to some cash rich industry, then spend 3 hours a day actually doing anything and the rest either at the beach* or doing whatever you please. This will more likely net you a little bit more than your 50K target as well if you pick the right industry

*location dependent sadly, I now just **** off down the gym instead as it's freezing cold here.

Failing that sell everything you own and live off the interest?

edit to add:

Start a website and run it as a community for the benefit of owners to sucker in a whole bunch of users. Then start to remove features unless said 'community' pay for them. Then give the same gullible people the illusion that they have some power by adding say an infraction system. Most likely these are the type of individuals who are fairly impotent in their day to day lives and this will give them a sense of power and importance lacking in their otherwise bottom of the rung existences which they'll be only too happy to pay for. Then rake in the cash while cynically acting like some kind of tin pot dictator. Should be good for 50K or more.

Last edited by NACRO; 13 November 2007 at 11:16 AM.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:12 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

3 hours every day?
Old 13 November 2007, 11:17 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
3 hours every day?
Only an hour of that will actually be spent doing any work. The rest will be taken up with coffee, newspaper breaks, using the internet and perving at the office tarts.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:28 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by NACRO
edit to add:

Start a website and run it as a community for the benefit of owners to sucker in a whole bunch of users. Then start to remove features unless said 'community' pay for them. Then give the same gullible people the illusion that they have some power by adding say an infraction system. Most likely these are the type of individuals who are fairly impotent in their day to day lives and this will give them a sense of power and importance lacking in their otherwise bottom of the rung existences which they'll be only too happy to pay for. Then rake in the cash while cynically acting like some kind of tin pot dictator. Should be good for 50K or more.
I think your shares in SN may have just been cancelled
Old 13 November 2007, 11:28 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Wink

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I think your shares in SN may have just been cancelled
What has scoobynet got to do with my comments above?
Old 13 November 2007, 11:33 AM
New_scooby_04

Wink

What has scoobynet got to do with my comments above?
Well, you mentioned sitting on your **** for most of the day doing anything work related; that covers most of us who post regularly on here!

SN Should really be named: IshouldbeearningthemoneytopayforVpowerformy scooby.com
Old 13 November 2007, 11:33 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

What's French for disingenuous?

Anyway, NACERED is on the right lines. Carve out a niche, become indespensible. Of course, you need to be very good at what you do and you need to know how to market yourself, but it can be pretty much anything.
Old 13 November 2007, 11:38 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Design and build a car aimed at muslim consumers
Old 13 November 2007, 11:40 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by TopBanana
What's French for disingenuous?

"faux" According to the translation software I used...it's free at the moment, but they'll probably start charging soon!

HTH

BTW People dont have to pay....supply and demand etc..
Old 13 November 2007, 12:00 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Only an hour of that will actually be spent doing any work. The rest will be taken up with coffee, newspaper breaks, using the internet and perving at the office tarts.
You actually have to go into an office ?
Old 13 November 2007, 12:09 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, he can't drive his 911 from home to home. Too boring!
Old 13 November 2007, 12:12 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Use the car to go to the office???? I cycle down there rain or shine. Good for the old beenbuigers.
Old 13 November 2007, 12:15 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I second being a consultant. Did it for 4 years. In that whole time I bet I did, at the most 6 months actual real hard work. Maybe less if I think about it. Even less hard working was our manager who really did absolutely nothing and got paid 30% more than us. Other massive bonus is the tax implications, or lack of them. The only snag is, in the end you get verrry bored and sick of the permies moaning all the time. I hear SAP consultants are on a good rate.
Old 13 November 2007, 12:24 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
I second being a consultant. Did it for 4 years. In that whole time I bet I did, at the most 6 months actual real hard work. Maybe less if I think about it. Even less hard working was our manager who really did absolutely nothing and got paid 30% more than us. Other massive bonus is the tax implications, or lack of them. The only snag is, in the end you get verrry bored and sick of the permies moaning all the time. I hear SAP consultants are on a good rate.
Yes, we are
Old 13 November 2007, 12:46 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

edit to add:

Old 13 November 2007, 12:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Mybe you could promise to **** Goody fro a couple of days a year Rev
Old 13 November 2007, 12:49 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am an IT consultant, I currently earn more than that but spent years on less money learning what I needed to know, doing exams and studying, I still have to keep current and being contract I might get a weeks notice and have no work. There is no sick or holiday pay and you have to sort out your own company and employ an accountant, plus you are always risking the revenue getting an unhealthy interest in your affairs, in other words IR35.

I have been asked to go permanent and my package is worth about 50k and I will be close to home, its a trade off, I could get work in Leeds but would rather be skint (comparatively) than spend 4 hours a day on the M62. But the way fuel is going, F*ck it, I can bike it if needs be, its a great feeling not totally relying on a car.

So, unless you are very lucky and happen upon something you need to get a marketable skill, examine where the money is and then immerse yourself in that world, the internet is a massive advantage to you if used right, so many websites full of what would have been hard info to get ten years ago.

So say you fancy getting into being an Estate Agent, they make good money yet dont seem to have to have much in the way of qualifications !, find out the websites they use, read the forums, get a junior job and then throw yourself at it, nothing you learn is ever wasted, you might not use it for years but if you want something just learn, learn, learn, if you can afford it and its competive offer to work for free in your chosen environment, you need that experience, its a commodity, a currency that can get you onto the next step on the ladder

Dont just sit there moaning about not having anything, live it and breath it, be enthusiastic and reap the rewards, I wish I had been given more advice when I was in my early twenties, I kind of meandered and had an epiphany and decided to get of my ****.
Old 13 November 2007, 12:49 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
You actually have to go into an office ?
I thought he meant going to random offices to perve at fit girls. Sounds a great idea to me!
Old 13 November 2007, 01:39 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

You could always come up with a Website that will

Compare thousands of products & services,

effectively giving

One search for cards, loans, insurance, mobiles and more

Old 13 November 2007, 01:48 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The easiest way? Rob a bank.
Old 13 November 2007, 02:10 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Interesting reading.

i notice a lot of you are It based consultants.

Well me being in purchasing, could you be for instance be a 'purchasing consultant' or a sourcing consultant where i source stuff to save a company money.

anyone ever heard of work like this?

Last edited by The Chief; 13 November 2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 13 November 2007, 02:23 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Yes - purchasing consultants know the price of everything (*) and the value of nothing.

(*) It has actually been demonstrated they rarely know the price of anything either!
Old 13 November 2007, 02:27 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

was.. now very much ex contractor scum (tm) thanks.
Old 13 November 2007, 02:38 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Will I get infracted for laughing at this?
Old 13 November 2007, 02:40 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by OllyK
The easiest way? Rob a bank.
Nah, too risky : benefit fraud all the way !

Quick Reply: What's the easiest way to earn £50k a year?