Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The thread for people who really dont care that the price of petrol has went up 5p

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2007, 09:45 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The thread for people who really dont care that the price of petrol has went up 5p

sign in here and enjoy

personally, i dont care if it costs me another £2/3 per week to run the car, its hardly going to sink me into a massive financial hole

will the people complaing about the price stop driving?

nope!
Old 12 November 2007, 09:47 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

I don't give a flying fork either not only is the cost negligible compared to depreciation of the vehicle I claim all the fuel I use back as 'business expenses'
Old 12 November 2007, 09:48 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

My landmark will be when it hits 1.20, double that of when I got my first car... I wonder if fuel and house prices are somehow linked...... both increased stupidly for no good reason
Old 12 November 2007, 09:51 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

this thread is already more popular then i ever imagined
Old 12 November 2007, 09:52 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Put it this way, all people will do is complain about the price and still buy it anyway

Doesnt matter what we get charged for petrol, we still buy it and use it regardless
Old 12 November 2007, 10:16 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

If it was that expensive and the fuel company were taking 50% profit it wouldnt bother me, its only cos the government over tax it as they are scum it bothers me a bit. Still use it like its going out of fashion
Old 12 November 2007, 10:17 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Trending Topics

Old 12 November 2007, 11:32 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I commute by train and my monthly travelcard costs €39 . Yes, you read that correctly.

(Of course, my house cost an extra €80 000 because it's within walking distance of the station...)
Old 12 November 2007, 11:49 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im here

Until they ban the stuff or make it TOO expensive to buy, £2+ a litre would be harsh for me right now, but as long as my wages rise with it, i'll buy it lol
Old 12 November 2007, 11:52 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Petrol, mmm, it's my favourite juice, so until it's so expensive that I have to live without food in order to buy it I'll carry on using the stuff in vast quantities
Old 12 November 2007, 11:54 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

Well i hate it when it goes up but we will never stop it happening and we will always buy it.
No matter how much it costs i wont use public transport or get a less thirsty car.
When the cost goes up just make sure you spend your fuel in the right way with your foot to the floor and get the most fun out of it !
Old 12 November 2007, 11:54 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick
Petrol, mmm, it's my favourite juice, so until it's so expensive that I have to live without food in order to buy it I'll carry on using the stuff in vast quantities
Hell yeah.

Considering im not allowed food at the moment, I got loads of money to use LOADS of petrol.
Old 12 November 2007, 11:55 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
sign in here and enjoy

personally, i dont care if it costs me another £2/3 per week to run the car, its hardly going to sink me into a massive financial hole

nope!
Yeah, but right, it has gone up by 5p per litre in the last couple of weeks. I tis alsmost double what it was 3 years ago.

At that rate of rise you are going to be paying £10 a gallon by 2010.

If you can afford to double you running costs, then good for you - It would make me buy a different car though, I mean I could probably afford the petrol, but it becomes far harder to justify owning a somewhat thirsty car, and I don't really want to be forced into that decision.

So it's not all about last week or next week, it's about next year and the year after.
Old 12 November 2007, 11:55 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5_245
My landmark will be when it hits 1.20, double that of when I got my first car... I wonder if fuel and house prices are somehow linked...... both increased stupidly for no good reason
Fuel, house prices, gold... they've all risen relative to the pound. Another way of looking at it is that the pound has reduced in value relative to nearly everything you can buy with it.
Old 12 November 2007, 12:31 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Fuel, house prices, gold... they've all risen relative to the pound. Another way of looking at it is that the pound has reduced in value relative to nearly everything you can buy with it.
Or that anything traditionally measured with the US dollar is likely to rocket as the dollar plummets.
Old 12 November 2007, 01:34 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NACRO
I don't give a flying fork either not only is the cost negligible compared to depreciation of the vehicle I claim all the fuel I use back as 'business expenses'
My main concern is that that depreciation will increase greatly as the price of petrol rises, as will the difficulty of selling a used performance (thirsty) car.
Old 12 November 2007, 01:46 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by speedking
My main concern is that that depreciation will increase greatly as the price of petrol rises, as will the difficulty of selling a used performance (thirsty) car.
That's a dream scenario for someone like me, I hope it happens. Imagine the joy of having your choice of V8, V10 and V12 engined cars while all the plebs grub around in their diesel econo-wagons.

Only one thing better than having the best and that's when everyone else is forced to have the worst............
Old 12 November 2007, 01:48 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NACRO
That's a dream scenario for someone like me, I hope it happens. Imagine the joy of having your choice of V8, V10 and V12 engined cars while all the plebs grub around in their diesel econo-wagons.

Only one thing better than having the best and that's when everyone else is forced to have the worst............
Imagine the joy said plebs will have tearing your car to pieces whenever you leave it anywhere if things ever got to that state
Old 12 November 2007, 01:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I object on principle to the authorities making money hand over fist out of the extra taxes we will have to pay. If they were honest they would at least reduce the price by the extra tax.

Silly me to even mention honesty in the same breath as them though!

Les
Old 12 November 2007, 01:56 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Lifes for living, not worrying
Old 12 November 2007, 02:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

swappped for a diesel this week i have
Old 12 November 2007, 02:01 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
swappped for a diesel this week i have
That's *exactly* the way yoda would say it.
Old 12 November 2007, 02:01 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
sign in here and enjoy

nope!
2 to 3 quid a week wont break the bank - totally agree but it isn't really what just goes in your tank is it?

Public transport goes up, Food goes up because the transport firms suffer,
council tax goes up because Ambulances, Police cars and Fire engine, bin waggons + any other council vehicle use fuel, general tradesman prices could go up i.e. plumbers, joiners, decoraters even window cleaners dare i say it.

so really it aint just the fuel you put in yoru car, ok dont drive but it will still effect you eventually one way or the other.

Fine if you've got money to burn and are not bothered then thats great but think how hard you have worked for that money and how much extra is taken off you every year by this taxation!!!!
Old 12 November 2007, 02:24 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Originally Posted by The Chief
Fine if you've got money to burn and are not bothered then thats great but think how hard you have worked for that money and how much extra is taken off you every year by this taxation!!!!
I didn't work hard for any of mine and never have done. That also brings me great joy. Hard work is something better left to menials and those that genuinely love their vocation.
Old 12 November 2007, 02:26 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Not bothered either way about the price of fuel as I don't do many miles, but what sort of English teacher did you have to type "The thread for people who really dont care that the price of petrol has went up 5p "

Its GONE, FFS
Old 12 November 2007, 02:31 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Not bothered either way about the price of fuel as I don't do many miles, but what sort of English teacher did you have to type "The thread for people who really dont care that the price of petrol has went up 5p "

Its GONE, FFS
Actually I woud have said that "The thread for for those people who are unconcerned that petroleum prices have risen by 5 pence" was the correct way

Bloody commoners
Old 12 November 2007, 02:35 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver

Its GONE, FFS
I don't think he had an English teacher on hand, to type for him this morning matey
Old 12 November 2007, 02:36 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

ps. he is outside at the moment flying his R/C plane and laughing at your post
Old 12 November 2007, 02:38 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Actually I woud have said that "The thread for for those people who are unconcerned that petroleum prices have risen by 5 pence" was the correct way

Bloody commoners
Putting a double for in when correcting someone's literacy skills is probably not the best way to go about it
Old 12 November 2007, 02:43 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

micky ere :-

the thread title is pretty much on the limit for character length, as the old title had to many long words in it and i ran out of space

now let me fly in piece
shame the plane is not a petrol model

Quick Reply: The thread for people who really dont care that the price of petrol has went up 5p