Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Road Rage Rant

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2007, 02:44 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage Rant

pottering down the A34 on Friday, outside lane, sat behind a few cars, and doing a reasonable speed.
Guy behind in a E320 gets impatient, gets up my ar*e and starts flashing. I look in the mrror, and he's gesticulation madly pointing to the middle lane.
Now I'm not a lane-hog, and I was waiting for the person at the front to pull over so I could get past, just as everyone else was, so I couldn't see why I should move over, just so he could sit where I was.
Anyway, after the trafiic sorted itself out, he went passed, pulled in front, braking, and starts suggesting we pull off at the exit for a chat.

Now it wasn't his driving which surprised me, you get loons on any long trip. It was the fact that he wanted to pull over a complete stranger (thus proving he wasn't in a rush anyway). How did he know I wasn't a nutter withe a baseball bat (or worse)? He looked like a 50-60 year old businessman, as was his passenger.

Some drivers deserve a smack, and I hope this guy gets one, but I was going to see my daughter, who I hadn't seen all week.

It's amazing how hard people think they are when they're in their cars.

What's the point?!!

Big car not doing the job?
Old 29 October 2007, 02:47 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Plenty of people are like this when they have the security of a bit of metal around them, If want to wind them up more blow kisses at them !
Richard
Old 29 October 2007, 02:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have had that chat

Pull up, get torque wrench out of boot and stand there ......
Old 29 October 2007, 02:52 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Had one on the A406 a year or so back, actually cut across 2 of the 3 lanes and come to a complete stop trying to stop me, I swerved and carried on. He on the other hand was out of the car running at me!!

He got back in the car and tried again this time on the slip for the M11. As well as constant sharp braking tactics to try and stop me. Hands free... 999, onto the M11 so we would not have to stop for any reason and steady speed avoiding him when poss. He left the motorway as the police joined.

The police called us from the car to check all was well.

Some people seriously need their licence taking away, and locking away at the same time.
Old 29 October 2007, 03:00 PM
simscooby
Scooby Regular

It is incredible the ammount of rage some people have when they get behined the wheel of my car. I'm sure many of us have been subject to some abuse in roads i know i have, and to the point where i have properly been ****ting myself. People should chill out.
Old 29 October 2007, 03:02 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

I know what you mean, some people have a mentality that is hard to understand?? i.e utter lunatics like that!
Old 29 October 2007, 03:11 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

TBH it's easy to get stressed when driving - people tailgating me really get on my t!ts, but you just have to rise above it.
Old 29 October 2007, 03:11 PM
P1-Brad
Scooby Regular

Did a return trip from Reading to Macclesfield at the weekend - in my T350 - and twice I got cars right up my @rse (both BMWs as it goes) either flashing lights or indicating they wanted to get past ... both times I was comfortably keeping up with the traffic in front, albeit leaving a safe gap, waiting for the cars to pull over so I could press on.

Really f**king annoyed me so I just gestured to them that they should f**k off and carried on as I was. Both cars spent the next few miles undertaking and swerving desparately between lanes, only for one to end up about 3 cars (i.e. approximately 1 second) ahead of me and the other to be directly in front of me (oh how I enjoyed flashing that bloke ).... strange behaviour from sad pathetic individuals
Old 29 October 2007, 03:16 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

In the situation outlined by the original poster I would just calmly wait, check for speed cameras on my detector/GPS, make sure there were no police cars in the vicinity then move over as soon as it was safe to do so-while simultaneously pressing the accelerator hard to the floor and leave the tailgaiter looking stupid overtaking fresh air. Repeat as required when safe to do so until the diesel driving mercedes gimp gets the idea.

Advice for the merc driver and his ilk- maybe next time get a faster fecking car if you want to play games eh pal?
Old 29 October 2007, 04:04 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I'd love to know what it is about my car that bugs the life out of some people. Had an absolute goon on my tail this morning, so close, I could not see his headlights. On the approach to the roundabout, he decided it was time to be past. Considering I was going left, he cut right in front of me and had to brake hard at the roundabout as traffic was busy. I had to do a full emergency stop. Seriously, I would have loved to get out of my car and smacked him one.
What was the point and what did he prove, nowt
Old 29 October 2007, 05:34 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I definitely get more hassle when I'm in the WRX than when I'm in the old Ford Focus!

Yesterday I witnessed an utterly stupid stand off. It was a Sunday morning and I was trying to drive down a small and relatively quiet side street behind the main town centre. Due to some building work there is an obstruction in the road meaning only one car can get past at any one time. No traffic lights as it's a quiet side street.

A red Rover had had to come onto our side of the road to get past the obstruction and had almost made it. A yellow Honda clearly had some sort of problem with this and had driven straight at them. The rover was then blocked and unable to get past the last bit of the obstruction due to the Honda being in the way. Both drivers had their windows down and were arguing over who should back up.

This of course meant the road was completely blocked, causing a jam back onto the main road. Plus everyone is fed up with waiting and is turning around to take a different route. Heaven knows how long it went on for..... What a complete pair of numpties - people with a mentality like that really shouldn't be allowed on the roads!
Old 29 October 2007, 05:44 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I think some people assume that if you are in a performance car you should be driving flat out all the time, or perhaps as we driver 'rally cars' we shouldnt be on the roads and should be going cross country through the fields.

Annoys me when there is a load of traffic in front of you, so you cant go anywhere anyway, and some *** is flashing behind for you to get out of the way - what they generally cant see as they are so far up your **** is whats coming towards you in the other lane !
Old 29 October 2007, 06:14 PM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

i find the same in the sti,never have any problems in the old astra,folk tend to stay away from it as its had more hits than the beatles plus dont have the power to pull you out of bed so its left lane only in that
Old 29 October 2007, 06:19 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I was fully road raged twice in the Golf (R32). No problems in the Astra - not suprising.
Planning on a road rage proof LR Defender in addition to the Astra next year too - slow but you really don't want it to hit you!
Old 29 October 2007, 06:38 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
I'd love to know what it is about my car that bugs the life out of some people. Had an absolute goon on my tail this morning, so close, I could not see his headlights. On the approach to the roundabout, he decided it was time to be past. Considering I was going left, he cut right in front of me and had to brake hard at the roundabout as traffic was busy. I had to do a full emergency stop. Seriously, I would have loved to get out of my car and smacked him one.
What was the point and what did he prove, nowt
I have a friend who makes money from these 'skirmishes'! He doesn't give way to this sort of driver and come-what-may. He tends to drive older cars from the auctions; £2k Mercs and beemers typically .

He's made £3-4k from people's stupid driving. Oh, and once out of the car people don't tend to mess with him too much.
Old 29 October 2007, 06:38 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by pwhittle
pottering down the A34 on Friday, outside lane, sat behind a few cars, and doing a reasonable speed.
Guy behind in a E320 gets impatient, gets up my ar*e and starts flashing. I look in the mrror, and he's gesticulation madly pointing to the middle lane.
Now I'm not a lane-hog, and I was waiting for the person at the front to pull over so I could get past, just as everyone else was, so I couldn't see why I should move over, just so he could sit where I was.
Anyway, after the trafiic sorted itself out, he went passed, pulled in front, braking, and starts suggesting we pull off at the exit for a chat.

Now it wasn't his driving which surprised me, you get loons on any long trip. It was the fact that he wanted to pull over a complete stranger (thus proving he wasn't in a rush anyway). How did he know I wasn't a nutter withe a baseball bat (or worse)? He looked like a 50-60 year old businessman, as was his passenger.

Some drivers deserve a smack, and I hope this guy gets one, but I was going to see my daughter, who I hadn't seen all week.

It's amazing how hard people think they are when they're in their cars.

What's the point?!!

Big car not doing the job?
I recall one incident where someone suggested my mate pull over after a near miss that their inconsiderate and selfish driving had caused. As it happened we had reached our destination and pulled over. The bloke stormed out of his car and gestured that my mate should get out of the car. My mate calmly got out of the car and politely asked the idiot what his problem was.

I've never seen such an abrupt change in a bad attitude!!

Ns04

PS Did I mention that the mate in question was 6 feet 6 inches tall?
Old 29 October 2007, 07:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Luckily I'm 20 stone and simply do not get abuse lasting more than a few seconds - a simple glance at me normally shuts them up

I feel for 12 stone whimpy geeks who haven't a cat-in-hells chance - no-one on here like that I'm sure
Old 29 October 2007, 07:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Luckily I'm 20 stone and simply do not get abuse lasting more than a few seconds - a simple glance at me normally shuts them up

I feel for 12 stone whimpy geeks who haven't a cat-in-hells chance - no-one on here like that I'm sure
im 13 st and slightly round. think id rather be classed as wimpy than dangerously over wieght
Old 29 October 2007, 07:53 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

The old "fat man thinking it means he looks intimidating" routine.

Never fails to make me laugh.

Says the 12 stone gym/fitness/martial arts National competition fighter to the lardy old man...
Old 29 October 2007, 07:54 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

But I thought you are fat old man?

People don't mess with you for fear of you pegging it - possibly.
Old 29 October 2007, 08:02 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy

Says the 12 stone gym/fitness/martial arts National competition fighter to the lardy old man...
very simple caveman tactics i think "hes" using
Old 29 October 2007, 08:17 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

You didn't look that fat on those pics you sent
Old 29 October 2007, 08:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

In the time it takes you to ponce in front of a mirror, flex your toned fake tanned body and issued all your AEEWEEAAA cries a street fighter would have put you on a hospital trolley
Old 29 October 2007, 08:44 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

In the time it takes you to ponce in front of a mirror, flex your toned fake tanned body and issued all your AEEWEEAAA cries a street fighter would have put you on a hospital trolley
Oh yes, overweight people are so fast
I love going up against "big" people. Their overconfidence makes them ever so easy to "fell."
I can always run around a bit to tire you out if needed.

Tragically for you I am a VERY experienced street fighter. Not a single one on one ever lost. And there have been many.
However a six on one and a five on one (me being the "one") both landed me in hospital
Old 29 October 2007, 09:02 PM
RUDDY
Scooby Regular

as if a 20 stone man can do any damage lol! by the time said fatty had lifted his jelly filled lathargic arm the average 12-13 stone man would have beaten him with a wheel brace and be on his way home!
road rage is stupid and dangerous! if some **** wants to drive like that, let him. just pull out the way and wave the **** on! your get banned if you hit anybody!
Old 29 October 2007, 11:15 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I love going up against "big" people. Their overconfidence makes them ever so easy to "fell."

Tragically for you I am a VERY experienced street fighter. Not a single one on one ever lost. And there have been many.
However a six on one and a five on one (me being the "one") both landed me in hospital
Is it worth it in this day and age when all the nutters have a gun ?
Old 29 October 2007, 11:42 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

I had a Passat tailgate me on the A9 yesterday. Same situation as the OP - I'm in the outside lane lane, waiting for the cars in front to move over, when this dick in a new model Passat decides to sit a foot off my boot flashing his lights

As it was a nice day, and as my Czechmobile was running nicely, I was a bad boy and decided to play with Mr 2.0 TDI. As soon as possible I pulled over and he passed and headed into the distance................followed by me

He gave up the unequal battle a few minutes later
Old 30 October 2007, 12:14 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yeah, but, my ***** is bigger than yours
Old 30 October 2007, 12:18 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Maybe so, but can anyone actually find it?
Old 30 October 2007, 12:36 AM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

But mine works

Quick Reply: Road Rage Rant