Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Happy day for me, justice at last..

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2007, 11:18 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy day for me, justice at last..

Almost anyway.

A while ago I mentioned my mate being killed on his bike, and another who had died just before Xmas last year.(Kevin)

Well last week saw the court case finish, with the charge against the car driver (who struck Kevin, subsequently killing him) She was found guilty on a verdict of 11-1.
Sentancing is in November.

Cant say im expecting her to face too much as the legal system is a bit weak like that. But hope she gets something severe.

Until the bitter end, she pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Basic events..

Kevin was joining a quiet A road on his bike, followed by a friend in their car. As they joined the A road, the 4x4 pulled out from the hard shoulder, striking him, throwing him over the roof of the car, and catching his head in the roof bars. As you can imagine, the outsome of that at A road speed..... not pretty.

She went home that night and apparently wrote her statement out in full.
However investigation found out that she was lost and had stopped to phone people for directions. Phoning her husband and getting directions, its believe she was still on the phone to him (hand held) as she pulled away and had the accident.

Got my fingers crossed for a custodial sentance, but realise my friends life is probably only worth 6 points and £250

Just thought I would share that
Old 22 October 2007, 11:22 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Guilty of what offence?

careless
causing death by careless
causing death by dangerous
Old 22 October 2007, 11:25 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Guilty of what offence?

careless
causing death by careless
causing death by dangerous
Death by..... thats all I know mate.
She claimed that he was alive when she got out of the car and got to him his eyes were open, then she saw them close.

From the coroners report, this would have been mighty impressive for a man with his head severed from his body.
Old 22 October 2007, 11:32 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

I'd guess the worst she will get is a Suspended, Community Service, a Fine and a Ban. Might have been somne recompense if she had admitted it. Not much respect on her part.
Old 22 October 2007, 11:36 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
I'd guess the worst she will get is a Suspended, Community Service, a Fine and a Ban. Might have been somne recompense if she had admitted it. Not much respect on her part.

Sounds about right to me.
Apparently the evidence against her was solid. The judge and experts summarised that Kevin was in NO way to blame for the accident.
For her to then stick to a not guilty plea is just an insult to the whole matter.

Aaaah well, its in their hands now. Whatever the outcome, we are all having a get together to get some closure on what was a very upsetting time.