Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Postal Staff Forced back to work By High Court Injunction!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2007, 06:37 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Postal Staff Forced back to work By High Court Injunction!!!!!!

This Could be Fun Come Monday Morning!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Colin
Old 12 October 2007, 06:45 PM
MK5
Scooby Regular

BBC NEWS | Business | Court halts latest postal strike
Old 12 October 2007, 06:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

page 2 before you know it
Old 12 October 2007, 06:48 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Royal Mail says staff should be available to help with other jobs if their work is done - so-called flexible working.

But the union says that in practice that will lead to staff working rigidly to the rules, which will lead to less work getting done.
Fecking unions
Old 12 October 2007, 06:50 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Negotiations on ending the practice of workers going home early if they have finished their work are also in deadlock.

This just gets better...

Slackers
Old 12 October 2007, 06:55 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Apparently if a postie comes back early, after finishing his round, then gets asked to do some more work before his shift ends, its OVERTIME!

I think if I tried that trick, I'd be out of a job before the day was over!
Old 12 October 2007, 07:01 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I've no time for them..... its tantamount to deception and theft! They're happily stuffing it to us by staging these strikes anyway.....

I know some on here are posties... but FFS they ARE so taking the p1ss

Trending Topics

Old 12 October 2007, 07:14 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

im afraid it goes deeper then that buddy

Grafter postie- miffed at working hard,getting his/her work done and then being "forced" to work on a lazy posties duty when he/she has the same amount of work to do,but would rather toss it off and get someone else to do the work for him/her

lazy postie-miffed at not being able to screw overtime that they shouldnt be claiming in the first place,taking the p**s claiming for 1,2,3,4 or sometimes more hours every day to do a job that said grafter can manage quite easily within duty hours

result-unhappy workforce all round

solution-bin lazy posties and employ more grafter's(not such an easy task) but the RM cannot just sack said idle git for being idle,its against there civil rights to be discriminated against for being a lazy F****R

it's really annoying me,as i go to work,do what of me is asked,and get off home on completion of duty,finishing always on or before contracted hours are up!

now we are being instructed to return to office and help the chaf complete there dutie's,now from my point of view,this is wrong,the one's of the lazy variety need a good "over the bow" shot,manager's walking/driving the dutie's and assessing there work rate,and laying down the law,sort yourselve's or shown the door

as it stands at present,no overtime is allowed to clear backlogged mail,and a patern is starting to appear within the postie ranks,out of 20 duties in my office,14 duties are clear,no backlog.the other 6 are 1 or 2 days behind,now prey-tell where the problem lye's,the 6 duties that are not clear,are posties which are always claiming overtime,the first names on the overtime docket and moaning about how much larger ther duties are then the other's,total gubbin's,as ive done each and every duty in the office,and as a whole give or take ten minutes all balance out nicely

The royal mail must dispose of the "deadwood" now,so it can move forward to be honest though,im glad this has happened,as i have been working the strike day's,and have been receiving the "scab" tag FFS the miners strike's are over dude

marcus

Last edited by ethanrob; 12 October 2007 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12 October 2007, 08:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

best news i have heard all day

ps, get so,e fooken "time in motion" blokes in to help drag the crappy royal mail from the dark ages, honestly, its all so easy to sort out for anybody who has worked in 2006 and not 1978
Old 12 October 2007, 08:13 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
im afraid it goes deeper then that buddy

Grafter postie- miffed at working hard,getting his/her work done and then being "forced" to work on a lazy posties duty when he/she has the same amount of work to do,but would rather toss it off and get someone else to do the work for him/her

grass them up ???
Old 12 October 2007, 09:31 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

its been done fella by many differant member of staff,but no action taken,a fresh wave of managment is needed me thinks,to sort the wheat from the chaf

marcus
Old 12 October 2007, 10:35 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Get some migrant workers in. It worked for Sainsbury's.

BBC NEWS | UK | Migrants 'have better work ethic'
Old 13 October 2007, 11:41 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

My Posty is a right lazy ******. 20 years ago I would get post before I left for work in the morning.

Nowadays, I'm lucky if it has arrived by the time I get home from work!!!
Old 13 October 2007, 11:48 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

20 years ago you had 2 deliverys a day now their is only 1 this is when the problems started, 20 years ago Royal mail were making £1million a day everyone was happy and the job got done, they went from making a £1million a day to losing £1million a day you tell me where the prblems lie.
Cheers
Colin
Old 13 October 2007, 01:27 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

When we have stand in posties from other offices come in to cover 1 or 2 hours of another round if someone is off sick. That postie will not do the round unless they get double the hours for doing it.(and this is before he has finished his hours) and the managers agree just so it gets covered. Think in our area RM need to get managers with a back bone and that will put their foot down and tell these certain posties that its not going to happen. Make me laugh though because the reason why the managers pay this is because they dont wont to go out and deliver it thereslves. they would rather sit in their office drinking cofee and chatting.

We are an office of only 4 and we run our office ourselves, if we have a prob then we will ring the main rural office where the mnagers are for them to sort it. we maked down on our calender last year when we saw our manager/s the month was april and we didnt see them again till September.(they should come in and see us at least once a week. they have to drive past our office every morning from where they live). then when thing go wrong they moan at us for not doing their job.

20 years ago there wasnt as much post as there is now either.
Old 13 October 2007, 03:58 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Bone idle, malingering layabouts the lot of them.

I posted a moderately valuable (i.e. at risk from sticky Royal Mail fingers) item from a post office the other week and opted for special delivery so that the thieving urchins in the sorting office would be less likely to steal it.

All went according to plan until the shuffling moron behind the counter discovered that I had pre-paid the postage online at which point he started whining like a little b!tch about the fact that because it was pre-paid I was "robbing him of the postal charges".

Needless to say I took 2 minutes out of my schedule to tell him, in front of the lengthening queue, what a truly worthless employee he was. The hypocrisy of a thieving Royal Mail employee having the brass neck to accuse a customer of robbery.
Old 13 October 2007, 04:17 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark engers
Bone idle, malingering layabouts the lot of them.

I posted a moderately valuable (i.e. at risk from sticky Royal Mail fingers) item from a post office the other week and opted for special delivery so that the thieving urchins in the sorting office would be less likely to steal it.

All went according to plan until the shuffling moron behind the counter discovered that I had pre-paid the postage online at which point he started whining like a little b!tch about the fact that because it was pre-paid I was "robbing him of the postal charges".

Needless to say I took 2 minutes out of my schedule to tell him, in front of the lengthening queue, what a truly worthless employee he was. The hypocrisy of a thieving Royal Mail employee having the brass neck to accuse a customer of robbery.
I think you need to get some facts straight. He is a post office employee, NOT a royal mail one.
Old 13 October 2007, 04:23 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dracoro
I think you need to get some facts straight. He is a post office employee, NOT a royal mail one.
I care not one jot what was printed on the imbecile's wage slip... on that day he stood in front of me as a representative of Royal Mail with the single task of delivering one of Royal Mail's services to me.

The fact that he couldn't even do that with good grace earned him the veritable tongue lashing he got and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Royal Mail shouldn't be franchising their services out to dross like that. I suppose, unlike a 'true' employee, I should be thankful he had actually turned up to work?
Old 13 October 2007, 04:43 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Bet the other customers were well impressed
Old 13 October 2007, 05:00 PM
mark engers
BANNED

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
Bet the other customers were well impressed
Impressed with what? The fact that a member of staff accused a customer of robbery? I wouldn't have thought so. Would you be?

Or do you mean the royal rollocking I dished out? To be honest I neither checked nor cared whether the customers were 'well impressed' with that. Most of them were probably there to cash in their giros or other menial tasks for which the dishevelled like to hang around post offices.
Old 13 October 2007, 10:26 PM
jason77
Scooby Regular

They knew the job when they signed up... if they don't like it, leave and get a new job. Period!