Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

URGENT Help on trying to rush through a switch/delta payment on a credit card.

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2002, 06:17 PM
RobWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I missed my deadline for paying £6.54 on my last statement, so the MBNA blocked my card, they are saying that it will take 3-5 days to clear.

Problem is I had just had my windows tinted on my scoob and they tried to authorise it and it declined!!!! SO without any other cash I ad to give them my Gucci (real one) watch as a deposit, also I have paid a deposit for a holiday and have to pay tommorow the MBNA will not budge, I even said that I was 80miles from home with no csh or cards and they refused t give me my car until I paid, still said no speak to your bank.If I dont pay for the holiday then IO lose my deposit and holiday reservation. Its 10 weeks in Alicante and I have short let my flat out, so help me I need help.

Rob
Old 09 January 2002, 06:50 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Do you have any other cash or credit to pay off the bills that are due (to get you out of the immediate problem)??

Whatever, phone up MBNA and tell them to re-instate your credit immediately otherwise you will close the account down.

If they do activate your card again, then pay your window and holiday bills on the card, and as soon as possible afterwards, close the card anyway and transfer any outstanding amounts to another company that actually wants your business!!!!

How pathetic, and all for the price of a couple of pints [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mb
Old 09 January 2002, 08:23 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Best way is usually to pay cash in via a bank counter as it's immediately cleared. Not sure how that would work with MBNA though - have you tried asking them the best way ?

The moral of the story is never just have 1 credit card