Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Well Done BBC's Rogue Traders!

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2007, 12:03 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well Done BBC's Rogue Traders!

I missed the show on Wednesday, but have been told a local roofing company were exposed on there with whom my neighbours and I have had problems with in the past

The companys MD lied and bullied my elderly neighbours into having an entire new roof last year, claiming all the work would be covered by their insurance, when in reality only £400 of the £2000 was. The work was done so badly that damage to a boiler flu could have been fatal had it not been spotted early.
They also did damage to my adjoining roof which took the threats of legal action to have put right...

'Mrs Abdabz to be' said at the time we should all report this cowboy to rogue traders, but we never did... It seems many others did it anyway

If anyone has a copy that they can burn onto a disc for me let me know by pm and I'll be happy to paypal over any expenses - I really need to see this episode!!!

What goes around comes around and it's made my day
Old 05 October 2007, 12:11 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

You sure this wasnt a repeat of last years helpings? Taken from the BBC Rogue Traders website says :

Roofers

11 September 2006

Matt and Dan swing into action and take on two troupes of roof monkeys, one in Oldham and one in Surrey. Both scamper over our roofs running up bills for work that isn't necessary.

Our Oldham roof is left in a worse state after the roofers attack it and then try to patch it up. Health and safety is certainly not their strong point.

Matt Allwright disguised as Stan

In Surrey, we call out a company who has ripped a pensioner off to the tune of £7,000. Surprise, surprise, our £150 job turns into over £1,300. But Stan, Matt's older-ego, isn't paying out. When Stan arrives on the scene, the roofer scarpers, leaving his lackey to carry the can.

Wouldnt be the one from Oldham would it? Cant be too far from you??? I can get old torrents of Rogue Traders I could download when I get home tonight. No expenses inccured
Old 05 October 2007, 12:27 PM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
You sure this wasnt a repeat of last years helpings? Taken from the BBC Rogue Traders website says :

Roofers

11 September 2006

Matt and Dan swing into action and take on two troupes of roof monkeys, one in Oldham and one in Surrey. Both scamper over our roofs running up bills for work that isn't necessary.

Our Oldham roof is left in a worse state after the roofers attack it and then try to patch it up. Health and safety is certainly not their strong point.

Matt Allwright disguised as Stan

In Surrey, we call out a company who has ripped a pensioner off to the tune of £7,000. Surprise, surprise, our £150 job turns into over £1,300. But Stan, Matt's older-ego, isn't paying out. When Stan arrives on the scene, the roofer scarpers, leaving his lackey to carry the can.

Wouldnt be the one from Oldham would it? Cant be too far from you??? I can get old torrents of Rogue Traders I could download when I get home tonight. No expenses inccured
Was different episode to one descibed above, can't remember where they were though.........

One of them sounds like what Abdabz describes, tried to get an old lady to shell out for a new roof when all that was needed was 5-6 loose tiles and a gutter clip!!!

Barstewards the lot of em

PMSL when he dresses up as Jimmy the polish builder

Last edited by chris singleton; 05 October 2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05 October 2007, 12:34 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

In the one I describe he dresses up as this guy

I watched it last year and remember them conning an old woman for the roofing work and he came out pretending to be her husband or something.

Not that one then? If you can find out which series and episode was on last night then I'll see what I can do for you
Old 05 October 2007, 12:38 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Thanks Dave I would welcome a copy but it was a new one they showed on Wed... The St Helens based company... I have had personal dealings with the owner a number of times...
I have even been to his house...
Details of the show are on the front page of bbc.co.uk/roguetraders
Old 05 October 2007, 12:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

OK well it looks like its episode 3 of the new series. I have seen an episode 3 of series 3 uploaded 1.6days ago, I'll download that and see what it is for you
Old 05 October 2007, 01:23 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Excellent I'll buy a projector and project it onto his house one night If it downloads alright I'll pm my details over to you It's really made my day!

Trending Topics

Old 05 October 2007, 05:26 PM
d5hof
Scooby Regular

I rented out one of my property in north london to them for a weekend to catch some dodgy guys who collect rubbish and dump it in marshlands.
Old 05 October 2007, 05:59 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

that bloke?
If so i have a copy here i can convert to dvd you can collect from the liverpool area, or can post to you.
Old 05 October 2007, 06:10 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Mr Abdabz you are looking quite old in that pic

Glad they busted them though, can you name drop so I dont book them to do my balcony roof
Old 05 October 2007, 06:46 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Sonic - go to BBC - Consumer - TV and radio mate, it's all there fella... If you need any work doing like that I can now recommend a few mates in the trade... As for looking old You is a cheeky northern couch spud
Ian, aye that could be him - with a hair cut maybe I think we're on the same lines... Series 3 - this wednesdays? If thats it (he looks shorter there than I remember but I am only 5'9"
Seriously - got a busy weekend on - off Manchester tomorrow - hotel - Ross Noble show etc but we might be able to sort something out after work on Monday unless you're in the St Helens area on Sunday? If not post will be fine - well worth the wait If you need any pennies let me know in your pm and we'll sort it. Appreciate everything. Thanks. P.
Old 05 October 2007, 07:58 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Ian_S

that bloke?
If so i have a copy here i can convert to dvd you can collect from the liverpool area, or can post to you.
did ya hear the fat one threatening to lamp him 1 if he called him a roughe trader lol.

and didnt he shake the presenters hand and say ''SEE YOU AGAIN'' lol as he jumped in to his car
Old 05 October 2007, 08:16 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

That's the thing with northeners. They'll call you a **** to your face, then thank you for it afterwards
Old 05 October 2007, 08:17 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Abdabz
Sonic - go to BBC - Consumer - TV and radio mate, it's all there fella... If you need any work doing like that I can now recommend a few mates in the trade... As for looking old You is a cheeky northern couch spud
Ian, aye that could be him - with a hair cut maybe I think we're on the same lines... Series 3 - this wednesdays? If thats it (he looks shorter there than I remember but I am only 5'9"
Seriously - got a busy weekend on - off Manchester tomorrow - hotel - Ross Noble show etc but we might be able to sort something out after work on Monday unless you're in the St Helens area on Sunday? If not post will be fine - well worth the wait If you need any pennies let me know in your pm and we'll sort it. Appreciate everything. Thanks. P.
Ross Noble's very funny

Matt Allwright's new carachter, Jimmy (in the pic above) is hilarious.
Old 07 October 2007, 08:17 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Ross Noble was very funny and Malmaison was a great place to stay too

Anyway, Ian, happy for you to put it in the post mate, the best things are worth waiting for - Unless you're near St Helens this week? let me know and I can PM my address to you in the morning.

Cheers

P
Old 08 October 2007, 12:06 AM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Abdabz
Ross Noble was very funny and Malmaison was a great place to stay too
He's as mad as a bag of cats
Old 09 October 2007, 11:23 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

You tube came to my rescue. Very entertaining The associations on the letterhead was hilarious as was his behaviour as I know for a fact this to be a common "issue" with this chap (my neighbours were very intimidated by him).
Anyway, it's now on my favourites as a reminder of the grief and untruths he told me and my fiancee earlier this year... It's funny because my fiancee suggested we contacted Matt Alwright and co but I didnt think such a small operation would get a mention on Rogue Traders... How wrong was I!