Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Young women drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05 October 2007, 11:07 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down Young women drivers

Came across an accident this morning, rear end collision, uphill stright into the rising sun, 60mph limit.

Luckily, no-one was injured, but as we passed, wife recognised my youngest's best mate as one of those involved

We rounded the roundabout and went back to give any assistance.

His dad then turned up, so we put his warning triangle out, and walked down the road aways, to flag down oncoming drivers. The road here is three lanes, two up the hill, one down. Still straight into a blinding sun

Anyway, there we are, him waving "slow down", and me pointing to the outer lane to miss the vehicles immobilised in the inner lane. We are there for about 30 minutes until the arrival of plod, and during this time, I was APPALLED at the number of young female drivers who ignored both of us, while mouthing "w*nker", or some other such thing, at us

One silly young bitch was so intent on giving US w*nker signs, she almost ran into the rear of the accident, screech of brakes and she just managed to stop.

What IS it with some people?

Alcazar
Old 05 October 2007, 11:17 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
People or Women? If the latter you've already answered it. Probably blonde too
Old 05 October 2007, 11:22 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Sometimes hard to judge who are worse....female drivers of taxi drivers....
Old 05 October 2007, 12:46 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

I've noticed a lot of dire driving my young girls recently. Driving up your jacksy whilst on the phone and admiring themsleves in the mirror seems the norm. Im' surprised there's a noticable differnece in accident rates between male and female at that age.
of course, most driving examiners are male...
Old 05 October 2007, 12:49 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

9 times out of 10, the tail-gater behind me is a young female.
1 time out 10, the tail-gater is a 60 year old women smoking a ***. (Well that was last night anyway!)
Old 05 October 2007, 01:02 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I know a young blond woman who drives her Merc SL around at ridiculous speeds (I told her to slow down when she hit 80 in a 30 once). She is also quite happy to text as well as talk on her phone while driving.

She's on 6 points already, so hopefully she'll accumulate 6 more soon.
Old 05 October 2007, 01:11 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

How far back did you put the warning triangle?

Originally Posted by Highway Code 274
Put a warning triangle on the road at least 45 metres (147 feet) behind your broken-down vehicle on the same side of the road ...
I would stand there with a fluorescent jacket on. Most people slow down when they see one of those anyway Warning triangle in the road to partially obstruct lane 1 should do the trick.

Trending Topics

Old 05 October 2007, 01:28 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Have to admit I've started noticing more and more bad young female drivers, driving too fast and too close, Cant be long before the statistics catch up with between youg male and young female accident rates.
Has anyopne else noticed that its young females that tend to speed excessively in house estates ?

Had a classic this morning young female in yellow focus 2" away from my rear bumper - did all the slow down to create a gap in front and then acclerate into that gap, did not work so slowed right down and left foot on brake pedal to just make the lights comes on and then acclerate. She was that close she braked, dropped her mobile phone and steered into the curb ! Made my day and will hopefully be a good ( & possibly expensive ) lesson to her !

Richard
Old 05 October 2007, 01:31 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

I saw a slight bump on Wednesday in Southampton. A guy in an MPV nudged the back of a "well chaved" saxo. I couldn't even see any damage as I went past. The guy gets out of the MPV and walks up to her door. She throws the door open smacking him in the knees, then jumps out and starts kicking & punching him. I guess it was the BF's car and she guessed she was in the crap, but most people would at least have a look and see what the damage was.....
Old 05 October 2007, 01:46 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thoughtless and selfish behaviour.

Les
Old 05 October 2007, 04:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Came across an accident this morning, rear end collision, uphill stright into the rising sun, 60mph limit.

Luckily, no-one was injured, but as we passed, wife recognised my youngest's best mate as one of those involved

We rounded the roundabout and went back to give any assistance.

His dad then turned up, so we put his warning triangle out, and walked down the road aways, to flag down oncoming drivers. The road here is three lanes, two up the hill, one down. Still straight into a blinding sun

Anyway, there we are, him waving "slow down", and me pointing to the outer lane to miss the vehicles immobilised in the inner lane. We are there for about 30 minutes until the arrival of plod, and during this time, I was APPALLED at the number of young female drivers who ignored both of us, while mouthing "w*nker", or some other such thing, at us

One silly young bitch was so intent on giving US w*nker signs, she almost ran into the rear of the accident, screech of brakes and she just managed to stop.

Alcazar
not the hill leading from skippingdale to foxhills ind estate?
Old 05 October 2007, 04:33 PM
Bodgit
Scooby Regular

i have lost count of the amount of times i have been sitting in a queue of traffic and there is a young girl behind chatting away to her mate or texting while creeping through the traffic. Everytime I expect to be hit because they are not taking any notice. Scary thing is I would probably lose my rag and start yelling at her and people would take pity on her and assume I am only having a go because she has hit my car and not because the stupid bint was not paying attention.
Old 05 October 2007, 04:46 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

More aggressive than men!!
Old 05 October 2007, 05:00 PM
leemonkeh
Scooby Regular

had a young blonde pull out right infront of me the other morning then drove straight through the red lights across a cross road. she was drivng an 07 plate range rover and could barley see over the wheel. makes me so angry.. police should be doing more to sort out drivers like that rather than wasting our time pulling over performance cars to give you hassel when you aint doing nothing wrong!!!
Old 05 October 2007, 05:02 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Agree completely!
Old 05 October 2007, 09:09 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw one on the M56 in a Beetle reading Heat whilst moving !

No you 206 cc, Mini, Beetle etc isnt cute, you are a **** !
Old 05 October 2007, 09:21 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

Women drivers are generally khasi anyway, what do you expect at that age when they have even less experience of driving ( badly ).
Old 05 October 2007, 10:17 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I find saxo's and ford ka drivers the worst offenders, always drive with a chip on their shoulder.

Had a young blonde lass in a f*rd ka tailgate me for a good few miles, and i happen to know on this road there's a nice tight bend.

Seeing she was sat all of 2" from the **** end of my 309 i used it's handling to it's full ability round said bend.

All i saw in the rear view was her wheels pointing left and the car going straight towards a hedge, needless to say the ignorant lass wouldn't dare come 200 yards of me after that.

They should really sort their attitude problems out before someone loses their rag and promptly knocks the seven shades out of them.
Old 06 October 2007, 07:14 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
I find saxo's and ford ka drivers the worst offenders, always drive with a chip on their shoulder.

Had a young blonde lass in a f*rd ka tailgate me for a good few miles, and i happen to know on this road there's a nice tight bend.

Seeing she was sat all of 2" from the **** end of my 309 i used it's handling to it's full ability round said bend.

All i saw in the rear view was her wheels pointing left and the car going straight towards a hedge, needless to say the ignorant lass wouldn't dare come 200 yards of me after that.

They should really sort their attitude problems out before someone loses their rag and promptly knocks the seven shades out of them.
get in. love it. didnt realise the 309s handled well too like the 205 gti's?
Old 06 October 2007, 08:12 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

They share the same bits but the 309 has a wider and longer track so handles much like a 205 only safer and more predictable.

That and it had a quaife lsd group n mounts and bilsteins which helps.

Much more fun than the scoob and on a track it would run rings around it but the reliability to be frank was a joke.

ImageShack - Hosting :: kif0055ct7.jpg

Last edited by hux309; 06 October 2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06 October 2007, 08:14 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

They share the same bits but the 309 has a wider and longer track so handles much like a 205 only safer and more predictable.

That and it had a quaife lsd group n mounts and bilsteins which helps.

Much more fun than the scoob and on a track it would run rings around it but the reliability to be frank was a joke.
meh, least you taught the silly bitch a thing or two
Old 06 October 2007, 08:17 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Well i couldn't believe it at the time, so i sped up seeing if she'd match and sure enough she did.

Tailgate me at your peril.
Old 06 October 2007, 08:54 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well i couldn't believe it at the time, so i sped up seeing if she'd match and sure enough she did.

Tailgate me at your peril.

so assuming you were taking a left turn tightly, and she understeered after realising how tight it was.
Old 06 October 2007, 09:06 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

groing crowd of "blinker" drivers, luckily we have a good police force out there cathing all those dangerous speeders! with all these dangerous speeders off the road "blinker" drivers will be safe
Old 06 October 2007, 09:09 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
so assuming you were taking a left turn tightly, and she understeered after realising how tight it was.
Yup, did the whole brake light/leaving a gap, didn't make a blind bit of difference she was intent on badgering me.

Plus there are signs warning of the bend and the speed limit cuts down, yet she stayed firmly planted to my **** end.

She had what's coming

Last edited by hux309; 06 October 2007 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06 October 2007, 09:12 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Yup, did the whole brake light/leaving a gap, didn't make a blind bit of difference she was intent on badgering me.

Plus there are signs warning of the bend and the speed limit cuts down, yet she stayed firmly planted to my **** end.

She had what's coming

shame she didnt crash, usually the hardest lesson learnt is the most costly
Old 06 October 2007, 09:15 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Sad fact, it's usually the only way people learn nowadays, as gazza said they're totally blinkered to what going on around them.

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=50.29025,-5.0428|18|8&loc=GB:50.38268:-5.5495

Last edited by hux309; 06 October 2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06 October 2007, 09:16 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

doesnt fill me with confidence admittedly. me the mrs are just gonna venture to meadowhall from scunny, and i dread to think what will be on/around the orads of a shopping centre on a saturday morning *gulp*
Old 06 October 2007, 09:19 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Well that's why i don't nip out till 2-3pm usually the roads are much calmer by then.

That and i should be mountain biking but im too damn knackered after a hard week, a couple hours rest should sort it.
Old 06 October 2007, 09:20 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I think there are just more 17 and 18 year old girls driving now - dont seem to be so many young lads, which used to be the case - very common to see 5 young lads in a car, and only one of them can drive, but lots of cars with just one or two young girls in.

Think some of it may be the parents - lots seem to be paying for their daughters to learn to drive, then buying them a 106 or Ka - I suppose they see it as a safety thing rather than them walking or getting the bus places.

Quick Reply: Young women drivers