Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any striking Post Office employees on here today?

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2007, 10:18 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any striking Post Office employees on here today?

GET TO WORK YOU LAZY *******

Don't you realise that strike action stands a greater chance of jeapordising your job than any modernisation plans ever could

Here's some advice, speaking from experience as someone who deals with corporate failures and has seen the unions at work first hand:

The unions lie to you, don't have a collective bit of corporate intelligence between them and are purely politically motivated for their own gain.

They do NOT have your best interests at heart, no matter what they tell you.
Old 04 October 2007, 10:35 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Invoices sent out JUST in time...
Old 04 October 2007, 10:37 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol love it !!

How true.

Tube drivers and post office workers, the 2 most hard done by industries in the country.... apparently.
Old 04 October 2007, 10:43 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Amen to that

Im pi55ed off that (and im sure Lesley 84of300 will agree with me here) they are striking from now till wednesday, and its both our birthdays on tuesday and hence wont get our cards or presents until after the event
Old 04 October 2007, 10:43 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
lol love it !!

How true.

Tube drivers and post office workers, the 2 most hard done by industries in the country.... apparently.
Your forgetting Prison Officers too
Old 04 October 2007, 10:45 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Your forgetting Prison Officers too

lol how dare I !

Once or twice I could actually see their point, but there are certain groups who have almost "seasonal strikes" Which just happen to coincide with things such as Christmas, school summer holidays (french ATC) etc
Old 04 October 2007, 11:29 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Plenty of people willing to do their job for the same money and conditions.

Don't like it? You should have listened to the teacher at school

Trending Topics

Old 04 October 2007, 11:35 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

While I believe you are correct in saying they are only making matters worse by striking and that their union is going to sell them down the river I can see why they are striking.
It must be cr@p to have your terms and conditions eroded not to mention your pay cut. Plus I like to see workers sticking 2 fingers up at their bosses and the government.
So on balance I'm in favour of them striking despite the fact this is just one more nail in the coffin...........
Old 04 October 2007, 11:51 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog

The unions lie to you, don't have a collective bit of corporate intelligence between them and are purely politically motivated for their own gain.

They do NOT have your best interests at heart, no matter what they tell you.

What a load of cobblers.
Old 04 October 2007, 11:52 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Their pay CUT !!
I have missed something somewhere? I thought they just wanted more money again.
Guess you get to a point and just ignore their "messages" after a while. I can honestly say I dont even know what this strike is officially for this time, and quite frankly.... dont care
Old 04 October 2007, 11:52 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Our local postie at work has worked for all the recent strikes and was working today... Hes a fooking legend!
Old 04 October 2007, 11:54 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [Davey]
Our local postie at work has worked for all the recent strikes and was working today... Hes a fooking legend!

Well done postie.
Old 04 October 2007, 11:57 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

And I've just signed for a special delivery.
Old 04 October 2007, 12:02 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Strike only starts at 12 doesn't it?

therefore he should have been working this morning
Old 04 October 2007, 12:04 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Well done postie.
lol he also bizarely ALWAYS wears shorts... We had a particularly cold morning a few days ago and I had answered the door.. I said it will be trouser weather soon and he proceeded to tell me how he has not worn trousers for 6 years
Old 04 October 2007, 12:10 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

They should all have been working this morning. There'll be no collections today though.
Old 04 October 2007, 01:01 PM
amahrap
Scooby Regular

I was in Italy last week and there was an all day transport strike in Rome, however they know how to keep the public on side over there! Transport ran as normal for a three hour period (rush hour) at the begining and end of the day. A civilised way to strike
Old 04 October 2007, 01:07 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amahrap
I was in Italy last week and there was an all day transport strike in Rome, however they know how to keep the public on side over there! Transport ran as normal for a three hour period (rush hour) at the begining and end of the day. A civilised way to strike
Thats more like it. Hit leisure users rather than the whole damn economy like they know they are doing.
Old 04 October 2007, 01:31 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by amahrap
Or do as they did in Paris, during a transport strike - they kept the trains and underground running, but just opened the barriers, so no one paid! Much better to hit your bosses where it hurts - if that is your aim!
Old 04 October 2007, 01:34 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Strike only starts at 12 doesn't it?

therefore he should have been working this morning
Nah he worked through the previous strikes.. He thinks the people who strike are ****s
Old 04 October 2007, 01:38 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

arghh does this mean my minimoto wheel bearings are not going to arrive before monday? (race meet at the track)

lazy bloody postman
Old 04 October 2007, 02:08 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
What a load of cobblers.
No problem mate, you believe what you want to
Old 04 October 2007, 02:19 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
arghh does this mean my minimoto wheel bearings are not going to arrive before monday? (race meet at the track)

lazy bloody postman

Actually it wont get to you till wednesday if your lucky lol.

Shame really that the public havent been told all the ins and outs of the strike.

Starting later. which means people not getting their post untill 3/4 pm. (think most posties would like to start earlier rather than later.)

25% cut in pension

being told to go to another office with only 24 hours notice (which could be miles away)

Covering for posties off sick absence, as well as doing your own job and no extra pay for this.

The pay to me isnt an issue its everything else.

would love the moaners on here to come in our office for a month and then tell me we are LAZY. 6am to 2pm with 40 mins meal relief on the end of your day. On our feet for 8 + hours. we're not sitting in an office on our Lazy a**es. Worked for the post office for 20 years, took on the job as the hours went well with having kids and being a housewife too.

Used to love the job but now it a sham. Manager never getting the post out to the offices on time. im talking 3 hours late sometimes. great fun sitting in an office for that long is a joke really. we start a 6am the post should be there. Im sure if shop or anyother business decided to open 3 hours late with out any notice, and you really needed to get into that shop/business you would have something to say about it.

We only every here part of the story on the tv and radio never all of the facts.

Most of the union reps are post office worker and wont the job to get better not worse. hoe else are we going to show the managers at the top how we feel.

Oh well hayho, ya never gonna plz everyone. First time I've every been on strike in 20 years.
Old 04 October 2007, 02:23 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I already get my post at 3pm lol
Old 04 October 2007, 02:24 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrs ESC
Actually it wont get to you till wednesday if your lucky lol.

Shame really that the public havent been told all the ins and outs of the strike.

Starting later. which means people not getting their post untill 3/4 pm. (think most posties would like to start earlier rather than later.)

25% cut in pension

being told to go to another office with only 24 hours notice (which could be miles away)

Covering for posties off sick absence, as well as doing your own job and no extra pay for this.

The pay to me isnt an issue its everything else.

would love the moaners on here to come in our office for a month and then tell me we are LAZY. 6am to 2pm with 40 mins meal relief on the end of your day. On our feet for 8 + hours. we're not sitting in an office on our Lazy a**es. Worked for the post office for 20 years, took on the job as the hours went well with having kids and being a housewife too.

Used to love the job but now it a sham. Manager never getting the post out to the offices on time. im talking 3 hours late sometimes. great fun sitting in an office for that long is a joke really. we start a 6am the post should be there. Im sure if shop or anyother business decided to open 3 hours late with out any notice, and you really needed to get into that shop/business you would have something to say about it.

We only every here part of the story on the tv and radio never all of the facts.

Most of the union reps are post office worker and wont the job to get better not worse. hoe else are we going to show the managers at the top how we feel.

Oh well hayho, ya never gonna plz everyone. First time I've every been on strike in 20 years.

Hopefully this clarification of the facts will go some way to enlightening those that decry strikes, whilst knowing absolutely nothing other than the tabloid report as to why the strike has happened.
Old 04 October 2007, 02:25 PM
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Angry

wish i could strike if government altered my contract
martin
Old 04 October 2007, 02:42 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

I already get my post at 3pm lol
Strike started at 12pm but everyone that starts work before that has to finish their shift. You might find that your postie is on overtime to get the job finished today. but some finished where they got to at the end of their shift and left the rest of the post, which can happen on any day of the year (strike or on strike) as managers cant make you do the overtime. As our delivery rounds are meant to fit into our hours. but they dont 75% of the time.
Old 04 October 2007, 02:43 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

bloody wednesday ?

sack the lot of them and let the polish blokes work the job cheaper
Old 04 October 2007, 02:47 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Hopefully this clarification of the facts will go some way to enlightening those that decry strikes, whilst knowing absolutely nothing other than the tabloid report as to why the strike has happened.
Ok, lets look at this bit by bit.

Currently the post office is losing money in certain service lines. Therefore it has to change working practices.

Most people I know leave for work before the post is delivered, so not getting it till 4.00pm is not going to make any difference.

The 25% cut in pension is either a) a neccesary cost cutting measure or b) because the pension fund is in defecit (or will be, based upon current actuarial predictions)

75% will be significantly better than the pension available should the pension become insolvent and have to rely on PPF payouts. None of us with anything other than a final salary scheme have any guarantees of what pension we will get, company, private or state.

Covering for sickness absence with no extra pay. Welcome to the real world!

For the record, I'm not accusing postal workers of being lazy in the course of their normal working day. But for sure, the reality of what is going on will not have been accurately relayed by the union representatives.

The post office is suffering financially. Competition from other providers is growing. Change has to happen, or the post office will, simply, fail to exist in its current state.

Of course pension cuts are unwelcome, but faced with the other changes, or not having a job at all, then I know what I'd be doing right now.

And it wouldn't be what the union wanted me to do.

Pete, if you truly believe that the unions are selfless, then perhaps you should do some detailed research, and talk to people who have been let down, time and time again.

Just ask the thousands of ex MGRover workers for a start.
Old 04 October 2007, 02:48 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
bloody wednesday ?

sack the lot of them and let the polish blokes work the job cheaper
And they will suss when your at work and raid your house when your not there.

Quick Reply: Any striking Post Office employees on here today?