Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can Satellite/Sky Reception.....

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2007, 08:54 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can Satellite/Sky Reception.....

Kill aTV?

Reason i ask as my tosh tv has died a death, picture started going liney on start up but went ok after say 15mins, then a week later the lines stayed the same but the picture went blotchey kind of like catoon faces!

So i have had the tv put into repair at a cost of 300 quid as some module and other part have gone, this was 2 weeks ago and in the mean time we have brought the boys tv downstairs for the duration BUT i have noticed the picture has started to flicker and im concerned the same problem is occuring with this set.

So the question is can sky knacker a tv or can some other problem be causing this or is it just coincidence???

Worried as my tv comes home monday and dont want to kill it again!!
Old 29 September 2007, 08:57 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

SKY itself cannot kill a TV, but the signal you put into the back of it can. If you put too much signal into the back of a TV then it can cause problems, however the kit in your house is designed to try and avoid doing this.

Maybe you have a dodgy amp on the line or something. I know ours is not good as I get electric shocks off the TV aerial lead when I handle it. Its killed about 4 digi boxes in its time, cheap crap ones I might add. Anything that is good is fine.
Old 29 September 2007, 09:09 PM
wheelwright
Scooby Regular

Luminous, All the set up is at the mo is sat dish cable goes into reciever box, scart lead into tv, so what am i best doing/trying then?