Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Numpties in petrol station shops

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 07:37 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Numpties in petrol station shops

It seems like every time I queue up at the Shell station in Watford I have to wait ages and ages for the owner of the car parked at the pumps to return. They always come back clutching bags of gear they have purchased in the 'supermarket' that's attached to the forecourt.

Don't these brainless idiots realise there's a queue of cars (all probably with the engines running) waiting for them to return. Never even an apology for the time they take wandering the aisles, why can't they simply move the car out of the way when they've finished filling with petrol before they decide to do the weekly shop. Oh, always seems to be women as well who then take about 5 mins to pull away once they get back to the car.
Old 28 September 2007, 07:53 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
why can't they simply move the car out of the way when they've finished filling with petrol before they decide to do the weekly shop
A lot of forecourts have signs asking you not to do this now
Old 28 September 2007, 07:59 AM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

Our local petrol station is next to a college, and all day you are queued up behind a line of collegers with 10 cigs or a bottle of pop... and no petrol
Old 28 September 2007, 08:22 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Mate of mine once stood in a queue like that at a petrol station in Cov and he got bored of waiting, so returned to his car and drove off without paying.
When the police came knocking a few hours later, he explained the queue was too long, wrote a cheque and had the bare faced cheek to ask them to drop the cheque in when they're next passing...
To his and our astonishment they did... He was not charged for the drive off
Good lad.
Old 28 September 2007, 08:39 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Mate of mine once stood in a queue like that at a petrol station in Cov and he got bored of waiting, so returned to his car and drove off without paying.
When the police came knocking a few hours later, he explained the queue was too long, wrote a cheque and had the bare faced cheek to ask them to drop the cheque in when they're next passing...
To his and our astonishment they did... He was not charged for the drive off
Good lad.

I'm not going to try it though!
Old 28 September 2007, 08:42 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your friend was lucky.. Not any reasons why they may "Panda" to him are there?

I sat waiting for the car infront to move for bloody ages in the BP on the A43, I started cussing to my passengers "Are they doing their bloody weekly shopping"... I didn't notice that it was a bloody M&S store on the way in and yes every middle class X5 driving bint was doing their shopping because the local <insert any other sub-adequate supermarket chain here> is not good enough for her little cherubs.
Old 28 September 2007, 08:44 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Worse one is Tescos imo they have 'Pay@Pump' lines and it ***** me off when people use them and then go in the store to pay for petrol (i know cos i watch them do it)
Old 28 September 2007, 08:52 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

It seems like every time I queue up at the Shell station in Watford I have to wait ages and ages for the owner of the car parked at the pumps to return. They always come back clutching bags of gear they have purchased in the 'supermarket' that's attached to the forecourt.

Don't these brainless idiots realise there's a queue of cars (all probably with the engines running) waiting for them to return. Never even an apology for the time they take wandering the aisles, why can't they simply move the car out of the way when they've finished filling with petrol before they decide to do the weekly shop. Oh, always seems to be women as well who then take about 5 mins to pull away once they get back to the car.
I doubt if you moved out of the way that the fuel pump would actually start until the previous account had been paid?

We have similar situation at local Tesco's petrol station and mini-supermarket. Pain in the **** when you're late for something. I think they should have a till dedicated to fuel and cigs only purchases to avoid the trolleys, especially during busy periods. This would be quicker and get cars off the forecourt sooner.

A personal gripe are the motorists who have paid up and ready to move out of the way but then spend 3 minutes fiddling around with seat belts and things for the kids before getting out of the way!! dl
Old 28 September 2007, 08:56 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Don't these brainless idiots realise there's a queue of cars (all probably with the engines running) waiting for them to return.
Can I ask why you'd have your engine running? And you call them the brainless idiots
Old 28 September 2007, 10:06 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Maybe if petrol stations went back to selling petrol as their main business rather than trying to be a mini-Asda and don't get me started on the lottery ticket thing.
Old 28 September 2007, 10:09 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I got sick of this as well and have since started ordering my petrol off the internet. I book in the refill the day before and pay by card. the next day at the pre arranged place a tanker turns up and fills up my car and that's it. Easy! You guys need to move with the times
Old 28 September 2007, 10:11 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Doesnt anyone have a petrol station where you just go to the pump, put your card in, authorised, take your petrol and drive off?

Its 10x quicker and because all the numpties want something from the shop or theyre too thick to use the system the pumps never have a queue
Old 28 September 2007, 10:12 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

At our local tesco petrol and food emporium, there are signs asking you to drive forward from the pumps when you have finished quenching the thirdt of your vehicle so others may fill while you shop...
The pump computer can store many different fills for each pump too... At least the tescos ones can.
My mate was lucky and is a bit mad and I wouldnt do what he did but it was funny
Old 28 September 2007, 10:14 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Doesnt anyone have a petrol station where you just go to the pump, put your card in, authorised, take your petrol and drive off?

Its 10x quicker and because all the numpties want something from the shop or theyre too thick to use the system the pumps never have a queue
Ah... I've read about this! isn't it called the davegtt sexlife system?
Old 28 September 2007, 10:18 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
At our local tesco petrol and food emporium, there are signs asking you to drive forward from the pumps when you have finished quenching the thirdt of your vehicle so others may fill while you shop...
The pump computer can store many different fills for each pump too... At least the tescos ones can.
My mate was lucky and is a bit mad and I wouldnt do what he did but it was funny
Sorry mate my psychic powers are a bit off today
Old 28 September 2007, 10:23 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

At least Im not left queuing and get my pumps in
Old 28 September 2007, 10:24 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Sorry mate my psychic powers are a bit off today
Hes refering to post 4
Old 28 September 2007, 10:24 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Can I ask why you'd have your engine running? And you call them the brainless idiots
I don't know how long they will be if there is no-one at the car when I turn up so if I turned off the motor and restarted I may use more petrol

Isn't it the case that when the pump is replaced properly into the cradle that transaction is finished and the next one is cleared, that's my experience anyway.
Old 28 September 2007, 10:33 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Maybe if petrol stations went back to selling petrol as their main business rather than trying to be a mini-Asda and don't get me started on the lottery ticket thing.
they would have to whack the price up to make any money, then you would complain about paying 4p a litre more and go elsewhere.
Old 28 September 2007, 10:36 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Hes refering to post 4
I should read the threads in full
Old 28 September 2007, 10:39 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

why don't people just time petrol stops to be at less busy times ? Problem solved.Or go to a really expensive independent place with no que for and extra
Old 28 September 2007, 10:40 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

numpties
Old 28 September 2007, 10:41 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Why don't people just time petrol stops to be at less busy times ? Problem solved.Or go to a really expensive independent place with no que for an extra 5 pence per litre save the hassle. One place in buckingham had an attendant to fill your car for you thats service.
Typical scoobynet champagne taste fish and chip money.
Old 28 September 2007, 11:21 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

our local tesco express petrol statiion is even worse, not only do you get thge numptys doing the weekly shop but you get total fooking idiots pull in to the station and wait for a pump, but in doing so they block the entrance and it makes ques out onto the road !!! it really frustrates me the amount of times i have sat there and beeped, gone up the curb and around the numptys and pushed infront of them etc to wait at another pump, the problem around here is in say a 5 square mile radious 5 petrol stations have ben flattened for flats so it only leaves 2 or 3, beleive it or not petrol stations are scarce round here lol, its supermarket pumps only now, but there is a shell a couple miles from my place
Old 28 September 2007, 11:42 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
One place in buckingham had an attendant to fill your car for you thats service.
Typical scoobynet champagne taste fish and chip money.
Service? No thanks. I'm perfectly willing and able to fill my own car. Why on earth might I want to subsidise the creation of a job that's completely unnecessary?
Old 28 September 2007, 12:32 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
Service? No thanks. I'm perfectly willing and able to fill my own car. Why on earth might I want to subsidise the creation of a job that's completely unnecessary?
so you would rather pay less for the fuel and sit in a que?

what the chap is saying is, go to the pikey cheap petrol stations and get stuck in ques (garage makes nothing on the petrol so needs the extras on bread etc etc)

or go to a garage that has a mark up on the fuel and no £2.99 sarnies for sale
Old 28 September 2007, 12:33 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

The numpties who just park at the pumps and "just nip in" to get something really annoy me, they shouldn't be parked at the pumps unless they are getting petrol or even worse are the one's who park near the pumps and nip into the shop but due to the size and shape of the forecourt they have blocked off the pump because the size of the gap between their parked car and the pump is not big enough to fit a car needing fuel into

The other day I was down in Omagh and had to visit a small forecourt and a few of the pumps were out of order so that didn't help the situation as the forecourt was bunged, I stopped at one of the pumps only to find out that it was out of order and then had to squeeze my way round to one of the other pumps, in the mean time an old granny in her old 205 came onto the forecourt and stopped whilst she looked for a space and also she had to wait for me to get out of her way. Once I had got to my desired working pump she pulled upto the pump next to me but was stopped at a strange angle and not really too close to the pump, she got out and I assumed she was going to start to fill up her car but she just had a wee look around and got back into her car and moved off and then stopped near to the entrance / exit of the forecourt and headed into the shop to buy whatever she wanted (probably polo mints and a copy of Womans Own). [takes deep breath] to summerize she changed her mind about blocking a pump and decided to block the entrance instead whilst she went for her sweeties

Windyboy.

Last edited by windyboy; 28 September 2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 28 September 2007, 12:33 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
they would have to whack the price up to make any money, then you would complain about paying 4p a litre more and go elsewhere.

No they wouldn't as they would sell twice as much petrol.

Or how about two tills. One for people buying their ****, lager and crisps or tossing away the remains of this week's giro on the lottery and one for normal people buying petrol.
Old 28 September 2007, 12:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24
the problem around here is in say a 5 square mile radious 5 petrol stations have ben flattened for flats so it only leaves 2 or 3, beleive it or not petrol stations are scarce round here lol, its supermarket pumps only now, but there is a shell a couple miles from my place
the road the car wash is sited on, is less then 1/4 mile long IMO and has 3 petrol stations on it

1 asda
1 jet
1 jet recently rebranded as something else

2 jet ones were at the ends of the street, and asda is in the middle PMSL

madness!
Old 28 September 2007, 12:39 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

They're shops with petrol pumps not petrol stations.
I generally use the Tesco one near me that's with the supermarket - so no problems there or the local Shell one which has sarnies and drinks that no one can afford - so no problem there either!
Who pays £1.20 for can of coke??

Quick Reply: Numpties in petrol station shops