Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another reason for chavs to get pregnant !

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2007, 08:24 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another reason for chavs to get pregnant !

Pregnant women will get about £200 paid into their bank account to spend on healthy food under a government initiative, the BBC has learned.

"there is no measure to ensure the cash is spent on healthy food"

BBC NEWS | Health | Eat well cash for mothers-to-be

Old 09 September 2007, 08:27 AM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

******* joke
Old 09 September 2007, 08:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Oh dear - more joined up thinking by the government. I bet this looked like a real good idea, sat in a comfy meeting room, sipping coffee and eating croissants. They would have been better just picking thier noses and sticking to coplaining about the weather as published in their copies of The Guardian

The reality is it will get spent on lager, **** and dope.

And who pays - we all do!

Fcukwits

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 September 2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09 September 2007, 10:26 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ridiculous. Why not give the midwives access to more services in a timely fashion for those that are identified to really need it?

Spending the £200 on contraception would be far better too.
Old 09 September 2007, 10:53 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Should get a good few ciggies with that!

Les
Old 09 September 2007, 12:10 PM
N3 DOO
Scooby Regular

I just heard this on the radio, un-bleddy believable

If these women can't afford healthy food for themselves in the first place, how are they planning on feeding the child? Breastfeed them until they are 16? Goverment would love that, all this Breast is best carp.

If the goverment are so worried why don't they send out boxes of fruit and veg every week for pregnant women?
Old 09 September 2007, 12:15 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

They may as well make it £200 of Elizabeth Duke vouchers

Last edited by Jaybird-UK; 10 September 2007 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09 September 2007, 12:18 PM
Son of Quatto
Scooby Regular

Its a great idea. I've always said give these inbreds an apple to make them law abiding.
Old 09 September 2007, 10:44 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Well it does only come into effect so those chavs who have just started secondary school shoould be just about eligible when the scheme comes in
Old 09 September 2007, 11:04 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

Anouther quality way to spend our hard earned cash the FOOOOOOKIN government take
Old 10 September 2007, 03:19 AM
VanJesin
Scooby Newbie

They make as well make it £200 of Elizabeth Duke vouchers
Belter. Argos will be sold out of 9ct gold chains and sovereign rings.
Old 10 September 2007, 09:05 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure it's fair to call *all* mothers "chavs" that will automatically spend the money of "****, dope & lager"

But I do agree sending money is an absolutely mental idea.

If you are going to promote pregnant people to eat better (I wasn't aware there was a problem with what they eat anyway to be honest) Then send a voucher that can only redeemed for food.

There will be plenty of people thinking the the £200 will nicely towards that new telly they wanted - Yes, even the non-chav ones (gasp).
Old 10 September 2007, 09:53 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
I'm not sure it's fair to call *all* mothers "chavs" that will automatically spend the money of "****, dope & lager"

But I do agree sending money is an absolutely mental idea.

If you are going to promote pregnant people to eat better (I wasn't aware there was a problem with what they eat anyway to be honest) Then send a voucher that can only redeemed for food.

There will be plenty of people thinking the the £200 will nicely towards that new telly they wanted - Yes, even the non-chav ones (gasp).
I do love your rose tinted views and your refreshingly innocent outlook you have.

Great you could find the time to put down the Guardian and join in!

I would wager that most people who have loving family (not just mum and or dad but extened family) who support them will be less inclined than some people who are used to living off of benefits as it is a family tradition now going back generations.

Peter, chances are the people who really need it are the ones (on the whole) who will waste it.

It may seem cynical

Do you, hand on heart reall think this is the best way to help?
Old 10 September 2007, 10:27 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I do love your rose tinted views and your refreshingly innocent outlook you have.

Great you could find the time to put down the Guardian and join in!

I would wager that most people who have loving family (not just mum and or dad but extened family) who support them will be less inclined than some people who are used to living off of benefits as it is a family tradition now going back generations.

Peter, chances are the people who really need it are the ones (on the whole) who will waste it.

It may seem cynical

Do you, hand on heart reall think this is the best way to help?

Did you read what I wrote?

I mean, the bit where I said sending money was a mad idea and the should send "food vouchers" instead?
Old 10 September 2007, 10:31 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Food vouchers a good idea.
Immediately assuming every hard up Mum is a pointless Chav not such a good idea.

For those where things genuinely don't work out with their partner, I can't imagine how hard it must be bringing up a baby alone.

Much worse is Daily Mail reading cretins bringing yet another bigotted, racist, near fascist little Charlie/Caroline into the world to be brought up hating anyone they consider beneath them - which is pretty much everyone but themselves.
Old 10 September 2007, 10:55 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I forsee a lot of unwanted children in the future....
Old 10 September 2007, 11:02 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Do you get double if you have twins?

Anyway, as soon as I saw this, I thought the same as most people here. If people don't have the intelligence to know that they have to eat properly anyway when they're pregnant, how can they be trusted to spend it on healthy food?

Surely this Government aren't that stupid as to just give people this money with no checks in place, are they?
Old 10 September 2007, 11:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Did you read what I wrote?

I mean, the bit where I said sending money was a mad idea and the should send "food vouchers" instead?
Hi Peter, food vouchers, yes, in theory a great idea.
In practice easily swapped for cash in most towns at less than face values, lot of shops will let these be used for things other than food, you cannot rrestrixt the sort of shops there are to be used in surely.
Old 10 September 2007, 11:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
Do you get double if you have twins?

Anyway, as soon as I saw this, I thought the same as most people here. If people don't have the intelligence to know that they have to eat properly anyway when they're pregnant, how can they be trusted to spend it on healthy food?

Surely this Government aren't that stupid as to just give people this money with no checks in place, are they?
Not sure how you could check on how the money is spent or who has the money. If a drug addict has kids and you do not allow them the money then surely you are discriminating agianst them and infringing their rights?

It is a fecking minefield, i admire anyone trying to help kids especially newborns. Sadly, i just do not see how this will work in most cases.
Old 10 September 2007, 11:09 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Red face

Not sure how you could check on how the money is spent or who has the money. If a drug addict has kids and you do not allow them the money then surely you are discriminating agianst them and infringing their rights?
Exactly, that's why it's such a stupid idea to say the payment is for healthy food, but can be used for whatever the Hell they like!
Old 10 September 2007, 11:12 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

The only double thing you get with twins is horrendous morning sickness that goes on all flipping day
I won't get double of any any benefits that I would get if I had had two at different times but won't be suffering twice at least. 29 weeks is too late to start worrying about the health of a child - if you are that responsible, you would be eating healthily for quite some time before. I wish I could eat more healthily now - problem is that nothing stays down very long!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 September 2007, 11:31 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I suppose they had to make it 29 weeks which is after the possible abortion date. Otherwise I dread to think how many pregnancies would be terminated if the date of payment was before it.

Would be a real money spinner, and what with the tax credit debarcle, they chavs wouldn't have to pay it back, would they?
Old 10 September 2007, 11:35 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Also in typical New Labour fashion, its a re-announcement of money allocated a while back to make it look like Brown is sooooo caring and generous

Child benefit payments to be made from 29th week of pregnancy | Special report | Guardian Unlimited Business
Old 10 September 2007, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Just another of the ways in which they have been buying votes in time for the next election!

Vouchers might have been a little more believable.

Les
Old 10 September 2007, 11:56 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Also in typical New Labour fashion, its a re-announcement of money allocated a while back to make it look like Brown is sooooo caring and generous

Child benefit payments to be made from 29th week of pregnancy | Special report | Guardian Unlimited Business
??

The report you link to is with regards to Child benefit payments, not the "Health food allowance"
Old 10 September 2007, 12:25 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

You know what Clare - I totally agree with you re terminations. There appears to be so many that would consider this

I filled out the child tax credit thing online as I didn't know if we would qualify or not. Even though nearly half my take home pay will be spent on good childcare, we will get the princely sum of approx £128 per year. Good job I was banking on us not qualifying for it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 September 2007, 12:38 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I think the system is actually weighted towards those who rely on the state to have children!
Old 10 September 2007, 01:39 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Shame people can't take responsiblity for their actions. I'm all for helping people out when unforseen problems come up e.g. unexpected redundancy but to have children as a meal ticket is just plain wrong.
It's a shame for us that tax credits go on our combined headline gross salaries, not take home after child care has been taken into consideration but at least we looked into all of this before!!
Old 10 September 2007, 01:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoob_babe
Shame people can't take responsiblity for their actions. I'm all for helping people out when unforseen problems come up e.g. unexpected redundancy but to have children as a meal ticket is just plain wrong.
It's a shame for us that tax credits go on our combined headline gross salaries, not take home after child care has been taken into consideration but at least we looked into all of this before!!
If i may
Shame people will not take responsibility for their actions rather than 'can't'
now with 2nd and third generation chavs who know little more that benefits have low expectasions of themsleves and expect to be kept and do what they want.

The benefits system was set up for all the right reasons ans it seems over the years people have learned to play it and do-gooders have made it easy to cheat and abuse by those who will do so.

Re tax credits, we pay out some 1200 pcm on childcare and it hurts to so do. the alternative is one of us gives up their job becomes a full time carer for the next 3 years and get the state benefits. We have not and will not do this as we both want to work to build a better lide for us and our kids. with our Mortgage we spend £2,100 on these two without any other bills. it would be easier to take a coucil house and give up one job, i am sure wqe would be bettter off once we discoverded all we are entitled to but that is not 'our way'

Someone we know has 5 kids, lives in a council house she had her first when she was 16 ans has lived on benefits all her adult life, never worked or had to in 16 years). She works part time (cash in hand) hand her partner has a good job in distribiution (although he does not appear on her property or figure in her money/allaownces) they take more holidays that we do and have a very good standard of living considering.
Old 10 September 2007, 01:58 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

If i may
Shame people will not take responsibility for their actions rather than 'can't'
now with 2nd and third generation chavs who know little more that benefits.
Just to be clear, what are you saying? That to be on benefits - Chav, or what?

The benefits system was set up for all the right reasons ans it seems over the years people have learned to play it and do-gooders have made it easy to cheat and abuse by those who will do so.
It's not easy to cheat it at all to be fair. It's actually quitie difficult given advances in technology.

Re tax credits, we pay out some 1200 pcm on childcare and it hurts to so do. the alternative is one of us gives up their job becomes a full time carer for the next 3 years and get the state benefits. We have not and will not do this as we both want to work to build a better lide for us and our kids.
with our Mortgage we spend £2,100 on these two without any other bills. it would be easier to take a coucil house and give up one job, i am sure wqe would be bettter off once we discoverded all we are entitled to but that is not 'our way'
This makes no sense. On the one hand you are saying You and your partner want to both work "to make a better life for you and your kids" and on the other hand you are saying you would be better of living from benefits - Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

Someone we know has 5 kids, lives in a council house, works part time (cash in hand) hand her partner has a good job in distribiution (although he does not appear on her property or figure in her money/allaownces) they take more holidays that we do and have a very good standard of living considering.
Considering what?

This is known as Worthless Anecdotal Non Knowledge. There's an acronym for it - But for the life of me, I can't remember what it is.

Quick Reply: Another reason for chavs to get pregnant !