Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone ever used bartercard ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2007, 01:36 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever used bartercard ?

I have had a pressure sales woman try to sell me this but I can't see how anyone other than bartercard makes money from this.
Old 23 August 2007, 04:09 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

I interviewed for a job with them but turned it down.
No expenses paid at all, commission only.

However I did think the idea was a good one - you get services and products at cost price or something?!
Old 23 August 2007, 05:14 PM
Tobisausage
Scooby Regular

They are good if you are in the right type of business, like if you use a lot of consumables. I run a webdesign company and loads and loads of people wanted to pay on bartercard but seeing as we only really use computers and small amounts of stationery it seemed stupid for us to have £30k of bartercard money but nothing to spend it on. If we had joined it would also mean some of our existing clients would blatently start paying us on it which again would mean we have huge amounts of barter money but nothing to spend it on. If I were to spend the money it would just be on crap that we really don't need.

Their argument is that we would also get a large amount of work we would'nt of otherwise got, but the time spent doing the work could be spent on doing work for proper cash and if we did do the work again we have £30k of barter money with nothing to spend it on. They also say that a company could pay part money, part barter but again I don't want any fricking barter money. You can get stuff much cheaper from barter customers, but they are going to expect the same in return, doing loads of work for bugger all useless barter money.

If you did however run a company where you require a large amount of consumables, like packaging or something like that then yeah it can be very useful.

They kept going on and on and on about it and in the end I just told them to 'f*** off'.

edit: I believe they also had to change the way the whole thing works as the way it was originally set up cheated the current system and the government didnt like this at all.

Last edited by Tobisausage; 23 August 2007 at 05:19 PM.