Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nationwide Building Society

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2007, 01:21 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nationwide Building Society

Phoned up today to see if there were any promotions going on my credit card..

was told there was but for new customers only..

"Brand New Customers Only"

we promise to be different?

Old 18 August 2007, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be worth everyone on ScoobyNet e-mailing them and pointing out their error
Old 18 August 2007, 07:22 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

How about a complaint to the ASA?
Old 19 August 2007, 08:22 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

If that is true you could complain to ASA and the FSA for misselling!

Good call out
Old 19 August 2007, 04:40 PM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

but then you could do that for any of the banks. If you dont like the deal with them, just change it to another! Banks/BS have to make money ya know! An interest free period on a credit card is to attract new business.
And as a matter of fact if you compare to others, Nationwide is one of the best value and for example dont charge fees for taking out money abroad.

You wouldn't even begin to realise how much money most credit cards loose cos of rate tarts. Dont get me wrong, I'm one!

They simply cannot offer to continue to give you free or micro interest rates.

As I've said tho, compare benefits and you'll 'see the difference' lol.
Paul
Old 19 August 2007, 05:11 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bonerp
but then you could do that for any of the banks. If you dont like the deal with them, just change it to another! Banks/BS have to make money ya know! An interest free period on a credit card is to attract new business.
And as a matter of fact if you compare to others, Nationwide is one of the best value and for example dont charge fees for taking out money abroad.

You wouldn't even begin to realise how much money most credit cards loose cos of rate tarts. Dont get me wrong, I'm one!

They simply cannot offer to continue to give you free or micro interest rates.

As I've said tho, compare benefits and you'll 'see the difference' lol.
Paul
Frankly, all that is irrelevant. They advertise the fact that their deals are for existing customers as well as attracting new business and now it appears that they aren't meeting that promise, therefore they should be held accountable.
Old 19 August 2007, 06:11 PM
bonerp
Scooby Regular

to be fair to Nationwide they advertise better rates long term. Their credit card is a good bet long term (just done a quick comparison) so they uphold their promises in the ads!

You can't seriously expect any bank to give you a free credit card long term? Get real.

Soon because of all these people claiming against banks, we will also all be paying a monthly fee! Cheers!

At the end of the day if these people managed their accounts like the majority of people do, within the boundaries of the accounts Ts & Cs (which you all sign up to when you open the account), free banking would continue!

If you don't like the charge thats applied when you go overdrawn or bounce a cheque, dont do it. Simple really.

I'll look forward to the abuse I'll now receive, but most people I know tend to agree. Those who run up huge debts and get charged for it - hmmm you want me to feel sorry for you and agree the banks should suffer? Sod off. The rest of us end up paying one way or another. It certainly looks like a monthly charge will be levied on us all pretty soon.
Old 19 August 2007, 07:25 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

to be fair to Nationwide they advertise better rates long term. Their credit card is a good bet long term (just done a quick comparison) so they uphold their promises in the ads!
No they don't. They advertise that they don't just offer deals as bait or to "brand new customers only".

You can't seriously expect any bank to give you a free credit card long term? Get real.
That was never mentioned. He asked Nationwide what the best deal and was told it was for "brand new customers only" which goes directly against their own advertisements.

Soon because of all these people claiming against banks, we will also all be paying a monthly fee! Cheers!
Remember when banks tried to charge for cash machine withdrawals? Once one bank decides to take the advantage and offer free banking, they'll all have to follow.

At the end of the day if these people managed their accounts like the majority of people do, within the boundaries of the accounts Ts & Cs (which you all sign up to when you open the account), free banking would continue!

If you don't like the charge thats applied when you go overdrawn or bounce a cheque, dont do it. Simple really.

I'll look forward to the abuse I'll now receive, but most people I know tend to agree. Those who run up huge debts and get charged for it - hmmm you want me to feel sorry for you and agree the banks should suffer? Sod off. The rest of us end up paying one way or another. It certainly looks like a monthly charge will be levied on us all pretty soon.
What has any of this got to do with Nationwide failing to live up to their advertisements?

Complete banker, by any chance?
Old 19 August 2007, 11:47 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHH!

That was the sound of bonerp completely missing the point of the original post