Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A surprising experience in a Bedford Retail Park..

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2007, 09:38 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A surprising experience in a Bedford Retail Park..

Okay - nipped down, got something to eat and tucked myself to a side to watch. Now I only hung around for half an hour because I didn't see any Imprezas that I recognised and I wasn't going to turn into some scary stalker dude.

But, I was expecting the worst, police everywhere, lots of corsas attempting doughnuts etc...

Actually, it was all pretty well behaved, and some nice (and bizarre!) cars among all of the fiestas and saxos. The only police vehicle I saw was just picking up dinner from one of the drive-throughs, and other than that, just lots of people just standing around, yapping about cars.

Reminded me very much of the "old" days of cruising; before the likes of Max Power came along and f***ed it all up by attracting the idiots and police.
Old 13 August 2007, 01:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Okay - nipped down, got something to eat and tucked myself to a side to watch. Now I only hung around for half an hour because I didn't see any Imprezas that I recognised and I wasn't going to turn into some scary stalker dude.

But, I was expecting the worst, police everywhere, lots of corsas attempting doughnuts etc...

Actually, it was all pretty well behaved, and some nice (and bizarre!) cars among all of the fiestas and saxos. The only police vehicle I saw was just picking up dinner from one of the drive-throughs, and other than that, just lots of people just standing around, yapping about cars.

Reminded me very much of the "old" days of cruising; before the likes of Max Power came along and f***ed it all up by attracting the idiots and police.
Was this an organised meet then?

Les
Old 13 August 2007, 11:13 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

I don't think so - I think its something that has gone on for some time and just attracts more and more people. Which is why I guess I was so surprised. Most of the time these things just descend into stupidity and recklessness, but it was very chilled out and generally well behaved from what I saw in my time there. The total lack of police (except for those picking dinner up!) underlines the fact I guess.
Old 14 August 2007, 12:30 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds ok then, nothing wrong with a friendly meet up and they were being sensible.

Les